Skip navigation
Reader13
Currently Being Moderated

having trouble downloading free adobe reader

Aug 31, 2009 1:26 PM

It freezes about halfway thru download/installation.Can the reader be downloaded on another computer and then installed?  I have Vista on a new HP computer.  Thanks for any help

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Aug 31, 2009 10:19 PM   in reply to Reader13

ftp://ftp.adobe.com/pub/adobe/reader/win/9.x/9.1/enu/AdbeRdr910_en_US. exe

This is the download without Adobe AIR & Acrobat.com

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 4, 2009 12:58 PM   in reply to Reader13

I, too, am having trouble installing Reader 9.1. I am on a new computer with Vista. When I download it freezes and says installition pending. See Attached. When I download and save exe file and click on it, I get the message, "Windows has found a prob.  with file and it says Unknown Publisher. At the bottom it says, "File was blocked because it did not have a valid digital signature."

I just downloaded again using the link given below and got a security warning. See Attached I clicked on run and got nosso(r) stopped working. See Attached.

Help! I need Reader to open files.

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 6, 2009 9:05 PM   in reply to blancobabe

Wow, the same thing is happening to me, see attached for the msg that I'm getting. I need to do homework for a class 2moro. I've been trying to figure this out by myself for a few day now, someone help me please!!!!!

- Nick

Attachments:

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 7, 2009 5:41 AM   in reply to Reader13

I'm not sure but you guys can try the following

1. try downloading from firefox and not I.E.

2. delete all temporary files before you start download.

3. Set your I.E Security Settings to low/medium

I'm not sure but its worth a try

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 7, 2009 7:14 AM   in reply to nitinjain121

I have tried to download firefox and several other browsers to see if this is a compatibility issue so I can download Reader.. The operating system will not let me download any software or open jpg, tiff, or pdf files. I think the vista 64 bit has a problem with downloads. I even tried on IE 7 and 8 with no success. I have updated the operating system to see if that helps. No good. I have other friends who do not have this problem. I think I will try a mac instead.

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 7, 2009 8:41 AM   in reply to nitinjain121

How would i do this?

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 7, 2009 1:58 PM   in reply to NicholasMuller

If you want to update your operating system (Vista), go to Start> Programs> Windows Update. If you experience problems, you can always go to your Restore point prior to download. However, this did not help me install adobe reader.

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 7, 2009 5:09 PM   in reply to blancobabe

So your telling me I won't be able to get Adobe Reader?

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 7, 2009 8:46 PM   in reply to NicholasMuller

I have not been successful. There will be someone out there who can help. You may be able to get a friend to save the download  to a cd or portable drive and then try to load to your computer. Sorry, I was so frustrated and am going to get a mac.

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 17, 2009 11:04 PM   in reply to Reader13

To anyone who has the same problem of not being able to download from adobe site. Use the link that someone below provided.

I have used it and it did allow me to download Adobe and then run it from my PC instead of website.

Thanks to all of you that helped.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points