Skip navigation
AngryAdobe
Currently Being Moderated

Slideshow (Audio) problems

Sep 7, 2009 7:45 AM

Hey, Everybody,

How to do that after slides in slideshow end, the slideshow ends instintly (not till the all song ends).

p.s. if it helps here is the screen of the slideshow/encore:

http://img76.imageshack.us/img76/8531/slideshow.jpg

Thanks for your replays

Lucas

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Sep 7, 2009 10:03 AM   in reply to AngryAdobe

Lucas,

Just to make sure I understand what you want, let me restate what I think you're after, and then you correct me, if I am wrong, please.

You have a SlideShow in Encore CS4, and have set a Duration (the length of time that the SlideShow runs). You want the Imported music to end at that time - the end of your SlideShow. However, that music file is playing on, after your last image, and this is not what you want. Is this correct?

If so, you will need to remove that Audio file, and then edit it in a program like Audition, Audacity (freeware), or even in your NLE (Non Linear Editor, like PrPro). Set its Duration to that of the SlideShow. I always end mine just a tiny bit before that, as you do not want any Audio file to be longer than your Video file, even by a few Audio Units. Add any Fades, etc., and Export as a PCM/WAV file.  Import this edited file into Encore as an Asset and drag it to your SlideShow.

You should be good to go.

Good luck,

Hunt

PS- if I am wrong, please correct me, and we'll go at it from another direction.

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 7, 2009 4:32 PM   in reply to AngryAdobe

Lukas (sorry about the misspelling earlier),

Glad that the explanation was correct, but sorry that you're not able to apply it here. I understand deadlines and backups of Projects.

Good luck,

Hunt

[Edit] Lucas/Lukas, you're playing with my mind - right?

Looks like either spelling might be right.

Also, if you do not have an Audio editor handy, you can get the freeware, Audacity, and the editing will take but a moment.

Message was edited by: the_wine_snob - Added [Edit]

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 8, 2009 1:07 PM   in reply to AngryAdobe

Check the box that says, "Fit Slideshow to Audio Duration".

-Jeff

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 9, 2009 9:24 AM   in reply to AngryAdobe

In that case, Audacity, or other, would be your best bet, as Encore is neither an NLE, nor an Audio editor. It cannot even set the Levels in the Audio. That must be done outside of Encore.

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 9, 2009 1:40 PM   in reply to AngryAdobe

You should file a feature request with Adobe to add a checkbox to fit audio to slideshow length.  The FR should include a comment that the audio shouldn't end abruptly - it should fade out, and length of the fade out should be user-selectable.

-Jeff

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 9, 2009 3:22 PM   in reply to AngryAdobe

As Encore's SlideShow feature is rudimentary, at best, have you looked into ProShow Gold, or their Producer programs? Were I doing just a bit more of this, I would have Producer and may still pick it up, just so that I know it, when it is needed.

I do all of my SlideShows in PrPro, and have only used Encore twice, for very short productions. I find that my NLE is far, far better at giving me the control that I demand, with both the Audio and the Video. Still, much of my Audio work is done in Audition, yet another application, because of its power and control.

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 18, 2013 7:07 PM   in reply to AngryAdobe

I have the same problem making a DVD. The issue is that each picture is a chapter and the player make that pause when pass trough the next chapter. What I did was build the project like a dvd folder. Then take the slideshow .VOB to Encoder or Premiere an export like DVD .m2v. I'm sure that way is better than converitng the slideshow to an .flv file and then converting it again to an m2v file.

I know this is not the real solution, but maybe it can help somebody.

Cheers!

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)