Skip navigation
Marc Hillman
Currently Being Moderated

Need help to decompile .SWF

Sep 8, 2009 4:15 AM

I hope this doesn't break any forum rules, but I desparately need an .SWF decompiled to .FLA. I am the webmaster for a small (not for profit) club, and I've inherited the club website. Naturally, the source for many things are missing, including the main page http://www.mjoc.org.au/

Is there anybody who could do me a great favour and decompile the attached file for me?

There are several decompilers out there, but they all seem around the $100 mark, and the club can't afford such a thing, particularly as it's a one off, and may not be usable. I've tried a few trial versions, but they all have limitations which don't produce a viable .FLA.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Attachments:

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Sep 8, 2009 11:39 AM   in reply to Marc Hillman

While many in the Flash community disprove of decompiling, I support it for official purposes.

I have sent an email to the Web Master of the website in question to guarantee validity in this request before helping to decompile.  When I receive verification that I would not be helping someone steal another's work, I will forward a decompiled FLA via email.

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 8, 2009 3:57 PM   in reply to Marc Hillman

Marc,

I used the contact form on the website to send the note, selecting Web Master from the drop-down.

I will try sending another directly from my email account.

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 8, 2009 10:40 PM   in reply to Marc Hillman

I have to say, decompiling a swf saved my arse once, big time.

It was a file that I authored, and had a lot of AS in it that i had done for the first time and it took several days to do.  I was working on it in three different locations and ultimatley didn't save the most recent version.  Of course I didn't discover this until about 6 monthes later when I had to make some updates.

I couldn't remember what I'd done in the code, or how I did it or anything.  I also broke a cardinal rule of programming and didn't document what I did either.  So I ran the decompiler, all the code was intact and I breathed a HUGE sigh of relief and vowed to never ever let my files get out of sync again!

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 10, 2009 4:24 AM   in reply to Lon Winters

Marc, I sent you the FLA's yesterday, but it seems you didn't get them, so I just re-sent them to your email.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points