Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Installing Adobe Reader on a Thin Client

Sep 10, 2009 1:02 PM

I have 27 Thin clients (HP t5639w) to set up in the next day or two... the problem: right out of the box, I am unable to install Adobe Reader on them. I have made room to install by using a flash drive to increase RAM, and Reader appears to have successfully loaded, but each time I try to open after install I get the following error message: "Font Capture: AcroRd32.exe Application Error.... The exception unknown software. Exception (0xc06d007e) occurred in the application at location 0x7c812afb."

I've tried to contact HP customer support - unfortunately, they refer me to the HP website and tell me to download the version there. It's the same version I've tried to install - no luck. I have installed other software on the Thin Clients successfully, but I'm only having an issue with Reader.

Anyone else have a similar issue? Any ideas?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 12, 2010 7:56 AM   in reply to Brutusbflo

Brutusbflo, Any luck finding anything? I just encountered the same problem on t5630 running WinXP Embedded. I'm installing Reader 9.2 and get the error "Font Capture: AcroRd32.exe Application Error.... The exception unknown software. Exception (0xc06d007e) occurred in the application at location 0x7c812a7b."

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points