Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Separating audio track for editing as a separate mp3

Sep 10, 2009 7:09 PM

Hi:

Have Adobe Premier Elements 4, WINXP SP-3, RAM = 3.5 GIGS, 2 HD'S (200 & 500 GIGS).

I have edited gobs of .FLV download files (from Youtube) and converted them into .AVI fles.

I'd like to be able to either separate or copy the resulting Audio track on some of these and

transfer the resulting WAVE file to something like Audacity to then end up making an mp3 file

which I can in turn listen to in my car's stereo (by creating an MP3 cd disk).

I also have MusicMatch Jukebox Plus v 10 and Roxio Easy Media creator v. 10

I seem to remember somebody leaving instructions on how to do the copying of the audio

file in Adobe Premier itself somewhere in this forum and would appreciate any help along these

lines.

Thanks

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Sep 10, 2009 7:59 PM   in reply to MAMBO_MAN

From your Timeline in PrE, you can Export just the Audio file. That can be Imported into Audacity and Exported to the format of your choice.

This should work for you,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 11, 2009 5:41 PM   in reply to MAMBO_MAN

Don't feel bad. Sometimes, there are easy solutions, that are just lurking - they seem too easy, and we all miss them.

Good luck, and glad that I could help you. I assume that you now have it under control?

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 20, 2009 6:09 PM   in reply to MAMBO_MAN

Mambo_Man,

Unfortunately, I have only used the FLV Importer for PrPro (version 2.0), so have zero experience with any in PrE, or with other of their products. I have heard that the Moyea plug-in will NOT work in PrPro CS4, at least not yet. I'll be watching the thread, in hopes of learning something new.

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points