Skip navigation
AndreIIIIIII
Currently Being Moderated

Adobe Media Player downloads videos then deletes them??

Sep 13, 2009 6:05 AM

I'd like to note that Adobe Media Player continues to maintain that video files are downloaded for offline viewing. However, the application then 'deletes' those files from the cache at some time in the future, usually an hour or so after downloading. This has nothing to do with viewing them. Even if you haven't not viewed them, they are deleted.

I downloaded 20 videos for offline viewing.  2 hours later the downloads which previously completed, were nowhere in the gui, nowhere on my file system.

I then re-downloaded the 20 videos of the Flex in a Week course. 2 hours later only 5 had been retained even though all 20 had previously downloaded to completion and were completely local. Where is the sense and why only delete '15' and then othertimes delete all?

What is the 'reasoning' behind deleting cached files a few hours after they have been downloaded for offline viewing.

Absoluted stupid idea. Does Adobe want to keep their servers streaming continuously everytime users realise they've 'lost' their local copies of the video files?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Sep 25, 2009 1:56 PM   in reply to AndreIIIIIII

Some of us spend our hard earned cash on hard to get bandwith and use it for Adobe videos... Adobe, you should let us keep the videos it cost us so much to get.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 13, 2010 11:38 AM   in reply to thinsoldier

This is extremely frustrating, I have downloaded the videos numerous times and ran into the same problem. I hope someone from Adobe will provide a resolution to this problem soon.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 14, 2010 12:29 PM   in reply to DigitalSpeciaist

I mentioned this to the adobe account on twitter about 1 year ago and they said they'd look into it.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points