Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Adobe Extension Manager doesn't install extension for Fireworks...

Sep 28, 2009 8:33 AM

I'm trying to install a grid extension for Fw. I tried to download it from two different sources and install it using Extension Manager.

Every time I try to do it I get the same error mesage:

You do not have the appropriate permissions required to perform this operation. Contact your system administrator to obtain permission.

I'm using Windows Vista and I am the only user on this machine.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 22, 2010 8:41 PM   in reply to Marek Mularczyk

I have the same problem but I am using Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit. I do have administrator permissions and the option to right click and run as administrator does not exist. What can I do now? I cannot install any extensions now.... But I can install them for Dreamweaver though.

I use Adobe CS4 Web Standard updated to the latest revisions.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 25, 2010 10:25 AM   in reply to Marek Mularczyk

I Have a similar problem trying to install a variety of extensions for fireworks. I managed to get past the permissions problem but it then flatly refuses to install any extensions. The following message comes up:

Can't copy file

'C:\Users\BCA\AppData\local\temp\SmartPunch-031_mxi\SmartPunch-031.mxi ' to 'C:\ProgramFiles\Adobe\Adobe Fireworks CS4\Configuration\Extensions\SmartPunch-031.mxi'. The extension will not be installed

This happens no matter what extension I try to install.

I am operating on a windows vista operating systems using web premium cs4.

Any help anyone can give me will be much appreciated!

Thanks in advance

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 3, 2010 8:02 AM   in reply to Marek Mularczyk

Please tell me where the answer is.

Thanks!

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 3, 2010 8:17 AM   in reply to snramsey

For me I eventually solved it by going to the Adobe web site and downloading an update for Extension Manager - http://download.macromedia.com/pub/dw_exchange/extension_manager/win/A dobeExtensionManager-2.1-mul-AdobeUpdate.zip. This is for Windows but there is a Mac update there too.

Hope this helps. For me it solved it as it was nothing to do with being logged on as an Adminstrator (my User Name did have admin rights)

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 3, 2010 6:37 PM   in reply to Jeremy Gadd

Thank you.  It worked.

|
    Mark as:
    May 9, 2010 2:55 AM   in reply to Marek Mularczyk

This is not working for me either. I have re-downloaded the latest version 2.1.112 and tried again, and won't install any new extensions at all! I am an administrator, and I have even tried logging out and back in as the default administrator account and I still get the same message. Extensions for all other apps work fine. It's just Fireworks. Windows 7.

|
    Mark as:
    May 14, 2010 11:55 AM   in reply to dv8kiwi

Figured it out. Have Win 7 and fireworks cs4 as well and was having this problem. Instead of trying to run the individual extension exe as administrator, run the extension manager as administrator and then hit the install button, choose the extension you are looking to install and you should be good to go.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 12, 2010 4:20 PM   in reply to marvinash17

marvinash17 wrote:

Figured it out. Have Win 7 and fireworks cs4 as well and was having this problem. Instead of trying to run the individual extension exe as administrator, run the extension manager as administrator and then hit the install button, choose the extension you are looking to install and you should be good to go.

Thank you so much! I was having the same problem and this suggestion worked!! THANK YOU

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 15, 2010 12:04 PM   in reply to JOEY!!! 【ツ】

Thanks a lot Guys, i was getting mad coz of this problem. Running it as an administrator and hitting install button helped me as well.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 17, 2011 9:12 AM   in reply to Marek Mularczyk

just fyi.. to run as admin on vista and win7, right click the program in your program list and select run as administrator.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 6, 2011 10:38 AM   in reply to marvinash17

thanks been trying to install levelup for the last hour but got it thanks to you, geez y didnt i think of running extension manager as admin lol

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points