Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

adobe media encoder?

Oct 6, 2009 7:47 AM

What is the deal with this program.  Never works when encoding from Pr timeline

Replies 1 2 Previous Next
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Oct 6, 2009 7:49 AM   in reply to inline9955

It works about 99% of the time for me.  Very few problems.

But there's not nearly enough information in your post for anyone here to offer any help.

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 10, 2009 6:25 PM   in reply to inline9955
    The problems listed from users of AME are all over the spectrum of issues.

and the bulk is caused by OE, ignorance or sheer dumb mistakes.

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 6, 2009 12:46 PM   in reply to inline9955
    The problems listed from users of AME are all over the spectrum of issues.

The vast majority of issues fall into these three catagories and in about this order:

1.) System

2.) Assets

3.) Project

Please furnish complete details on each of these in your case, and someone can probably spot the problem(s), and help you solve the issues. The greater the details, the better.

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 6, 2009 1:55 PM   in reply to inline9955

Well, I'm here looking answers as to why my Adobe Media Encoder has all of a sudden quit exporting files of any type.  I'm using Premiere pro CS3.  I highlight the Timeline I'm exporting.  I click : File > Export > Adobe Media Encoder > an no matter what kind of file type I want to create - Flash video, WMV, etc. - once I set the parameters and click "Okay" the encoder interface disappears and comes right back without letting me name and or save the file.

What do you think?  I may just re-install the whole app.  It just started doing this otherwise, it has worked flawlessly until today.

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 6, 2009 2:01 PM   in reply to MonteKrause

Delete all of your temp files and reboot.  Try to export again.  If it

doesn't work, create a temporary new user account with admin privileges

and launch Pr/AME from that new account.  Export again.  If it works, go

back to your user account and delete your Pr/AME preferences folder and

then all should be well.

-Jeff

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 6, 2009 2:09 PM   in reply to Jeff Bellune

... alright Jeff!

Give me a minute to try all that and I will back to hopefully thank you - okay?

Now where is the Pref Folder?

And You mean which TEMP files - Windows or program DATA temps files?

~ Monte

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 6, 2009 2:14 PM   in reply to Jeff Bellune

Jeff:

Where is the Pr/AME preferences folder?

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 6, 2009 2:40 PM   in reply to MonteKrause

Montemedia wrote:

Now where is the Pref Folder?

And You mean which TEMP files - Windows or program DATA temps files?

Both sets of temp files - Windows and your local temp files.

Prefs location varies by OS.  In Vista, it's in here: C:\Users\<account name>\AppData\Roaming\Adobe

-Jeff

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 6, 2009 3:39 PM   in reply to Jeff Bellune

... Thanks for the directions Jeff?  I'm using Vista.  It's just funny how all of a sudden the software goes soft.

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 6, 2009 3:52 PM   in reply to Jeff Bellune

... Deleting TEMP and Premiere Preferences file did not do thwe trick - re-installing has to work ....

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 6, 2009 8:09 PM   in reply to inline9955

Its easy to get frustrated with technical software but I have to say my Adobe Pro CS4 AME works like a charm.  slow but a solid workhorse.  Yet to let me down.  Pro CS3 did fine as well just lacked the Batch encoder qualities.   Good work Adobe!

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 8, 2009 12:21 PM   in reply to Jeff Bellune

Jeff:

During normal opperation, must Adobe Media Encoder and Adobe Premier Pro CS4 be run with administrative privledges?  Or is your suggestion simply for diagnostic purposes?

Unless I'm doing some O/S maintenence work, I never run applications or other opperatioins as Administrator.

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 8, 2009 12:27 PM   in reply to Jim Strenk

Administrative rights are about mandatory to run CS4 successfully.

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 8, 2009 3:04 PM   in reply to inline9955

I've tried all expert suggestions and nothing worked.  My Vista PC is back in normal mode - UA Control, etc.

This is what worked.  I moved all the content of the sequence that would not render in the Adobe media Encoder to a sequence that would render in the Media encoder.  Why some do and some don't is anyone's guess.  There is some kind of corruption happening or a problem there is no alert for.  It could be an apostrophe in the title or who knows.

Can you did it?  Are you with me on what I discovered?

Monte

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 8, 2009 11:18 PM   in reply to MonteKrause

I made it all work.  You can fool the software by finding a sequence that will not crash the Adobe media Encoder.  I used a copy of that sequence and exchanged the content with what was there with what I was trying to encode. That worked for me.

I've attached a couple of screen shots I received along the way to figuring all this out.

Attachments:

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 14, 2009 8:54 AM   in reply to inline9955

... dynamic link?  CS3 or CS4?  In CS3, the highlighted sequence on the Timeline is to be encoded.  CS4, I would assume you just browse to the video file and go ....

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 14, 2009 8:55 AM   in reply to inline9955

Well, it take a while to lauch but it has its benefits.

For me, there are 2 issues wich prevent AME to work properly:

1. asset: trunked files (or even miswritten) aborts AME to work. It happen very often. What to do: recode it. I use Procoder.

2. There's a issue dealing files written in 32/64 bits. Files generated in 64 plataform DOES NOT work, in any way, in my 32 bit OS. It preclude AME to work, as well as dynamic link. Solution as described above: recode using Procoder. That's magic.

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 15, 2009 10:41 AM   in reply to inline9955

I am also having this problem.  I'm running Windows XP with PPro CS4.  I export into AME, but as soon as I hit start Queue I get the yellow triangle alert and the log states that it cannot find the source file.  I've looked and the source file is there.  I've tried this with new and existing projects using different footage, all with the same results.  I've run Adobe Updates and everything is current.  Please advise.

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 15, 2009 12:03 PM   in reply to deb1992

Hi deb1992

Log file is saying the truth IF, in Premiere, the file is tagged as offline. It occurs if you rename or change file's location. In other words, the file exists for sure, but Premiere can't find it. You can r-click (in Premiere) and choose link media.

Well, this will work if the prob is an offline asset, wich I belive whats going on (following your description).

The issue I mentioned in adobe's forum was concerning 64 bit asset. It make Premiere, Encore and windows crash. No sweet alert to help find out what problem is.

Hope I could help.

Infinite

--- Em qui, 15/10/09, deb1992 <forums@adobe.com> escreveu:

De: deb1992 <forums@adobe.com>

Assunto: Re: adobe media encoder? adobe media encoder?

Para: "cristian derois" <cristianderois@yahoo.com.br>

Data: Quinta-feira, 15 de Outubro de 2009, 15:41

I am also having this problem.  I'm running Windows XP with PPro CS4.  I export into AME, but as soon as I hit start Queue I get the yellow triangle alert and the log states that it cannot find the source file.  I've looked and the source file is there.  I've this with several projects using different footage, all with the same results.  I've run Adobe Updates and everything is current.  Please advise.

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 15, 2009 12:55 PM   in reply to Infinite Filmworks

The source file that AME says it can't see is the Sequence file, not an asset.  All assets show as online in PPro.  I am not able to make the sequence file online.

I have purged the cache and am having the project re-index hoping that this will solve the problem, but I'm not hopeful.  I've had the same problem when creating an entirely new project and not re-naming the Sequence file.  AME always says it can't find the file.

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 15, 2009 12:59 PM   in reply to deb1992

... maybe in CS4 it has to be rendered as video first.  I'm still CS3 - it doesn't have to be.

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 15, 2009 1:27 PM   in reply to MonteKrause

I've tried deleting temp and cache files and having PPro re-create.  I've also tried creating a new smaller project, rendering the footage before exporting, all with the same results.  The footage plays in PPro, exports to AME, but as soon as I hit start Queue, I get the cannot file source file error.

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 15, 2009 2:05 PM   in reply to deb1992

... why don't you try creating a copy of the project - every file the project utilizes including previews. Throw it into the same folder.  open that project file.  Help it out - pointing to where everything is -and once it is opens completely, try exporting a movie via AME again.

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 16, 2009 5:17 AM   in reply to MonteKrause

I have this same problem no matter what project I try to export, I've even tried creating a brand new project, not re-naming anything and AME still says it can't find the source file when I try to create a file.  Is there something wrong with AME?  Should I un-install & re-install?  Can I just do that with AME or will have to un-install & re-install PPro also?

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 16, 2009 10:52 AM   in reply to deb1992

... are you CS3 or CS4.  I can't tell from here?

But where is the source file that supports the clips in the sequence.  The raw source of your editing?

~ Monte

Monte Aaron Krause

Art Music Design & Ideas

Dallas, Texas

214.349.2672 home office

214.543.6605 mobile

MonteKrause@montemedia.net

http://www.montemedia.net/

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 16, 2009 10:58 AM   in reply to MonteKrause

I am in CS4.  I just finished re-installing the application and it seems to have solved the problem.  Now AME will work.  Thanks for all of the suggestions.

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 23, 2009 6:30 PM   in reply to inline9955
    "Montmedia...
    Well, I'm here looking answers as to why my Adobe Media Encoder has all of a sudden quit exporting files of any type.  I'm using Premiere pro CS3.  I highlight the Timeline I'm exporting.  I click : File > Export > Adobe Media Encoder > an no matter what kind of file type I want to create - Flash video, WMV, etc. - once I set the parameters and click "Okay" the encoder interface disappears and comes right back without letting me name and or save the file.
    What do you think?  I may just re-install the whole app.  It just started doing this otherwise, it has worked flawlessly until today."

I'm probably late to the party but...
    This happens to me everytime I put a "/" character in my sequence title. Bad habit of mine is to use "w/" instead of "with". This causes the same symptoms you descibed. I hit the OK button and Adobe Media Encoder blinks but fails to throw up the naming dialog.

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 23, 2009 7:03 PM   in reply to inline9955
    The problems listed from users of AME are all over the spectrum of issues.  I think adobe has a flawed program and is not acknologing that fact.

But, what are YOUR specs.? Just forget any problem that others have listed. We do not know what their Assets, their Sequences, or their Export settings were. What are yours? That is the important aspect.

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 23, 2009 7:08 PM   in reply to JackBoyd

Jack,

Naming conventions can be an issue. Some characters are forbidden, and some are marginally OK, but can cause issues. Because I work a lot with Encore, with its Sonic Authorcore, I have changed how I name files - no spaces any more, no forbidden characters, etc.

Going back to the "old way," with "_" instead of spaces, has worked well. I've found the same with attaching a file to this forum - rather than spaces, I now use the old "_" (underscore), and all is good.

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 24, 2009 2:49 AM   in reply to JackBoyd

Jack, I made it work by moving the components of a sequence - that would not export from the timeline - into a fresh sequence of another project.  Tried to fool Premiere.  There is a glitch somewhere and Premiere pro CS3 knows what it is.

It may be that if you do the same thing over and over again, using a lot of still-image sequences - instead of video, maybe things happen?  This is the first snag I've encountered in a long while.  Everything else, including many other, similar exports, had been working at 100%.

What might have triggered a rash of BS, was trying to export Flash video.  That is when it began misbehaving - and would not cooperate for a while.

I ran a disk cleaner and a registry cleaner to get rid of any confusing clutter.

I guess if there is a point, it's find a way to fool the machine.  I think you could do it easily.

Cheers.

Monte

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 24, 2009 5:20 PM   in reply to JackBoyd

... oh, now I get it ... interesting ... That could have been the problem.  Good one!  Points for you - 25 of them - somebody pay the man ...

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 24, 2009 5:29 PM   in reply to Bill Hunt

Who - me?

I really think it might have been a naming convention - an illegal character.  And there is no alert for that.

1.. Premiere ProCS3

2.. Exporting as: WMV, Flash Video, H.264 .... all of them

3.. Sequences consist of still-image sequences

4.. Custom export settings that I've used with consistent success.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 1, 2009 1:33 AM   in reply to inline9955

I have premiere cs4 and adobe media composer on two identical machines  quad core pentiums

One works perfectly with the encoding

The second machine has started failing, and the errors indicate that it is looking for files that were part of projects whichhave long since been completed

How do I delete these so I can get media encoder up and running again  HELP PLEASE

Derek M

Darlington UK

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 1, 2009 1:34 AM   in reply to MonteKrause

I have premiere cs4 and adobe media composer on two identical machines  quad core pentiums

One works perfectly with the encoding

The second machine has started failing, and the errors indicate that it is looking for files that were part of projects whichhave long since been completed

How do I delete these so I can get media encoder up and running again  HELP PLEASE

Derek M

Darlington UK

|
    Mark as:
1 2 Previous Next

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points