Skip navigation
cma-2
Currently Being Moderated

How to go back to frame 1 when the timeline reaches a certain frame?

Oct 7, 2009 6:38 AM

I have a timeline that has some label frames at the very end of the timeline. During the timeline a user will hit a button on a frame and will jump to one of the label frames. On the label frame is another button that when clicked - returns the user to the previous frame. How do I make the movie return to frame 1 - without a button - but before it reaches the label frames? In other words, by simply reaching a certain frame in the movie, I want the timeline to go back to frame 1.

I am using Action Script 3 on a PC

Thank you.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Oct 7, 2009 6:46 AM   in reply to cma-2

In that certain frame you code: gotoAndStop(1);  or gotoAndPlay(1)  depending on your intentions when you reach frame 1

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 7, 2009 7:02 AM   in reply to cma-2

You're welcome

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 29, 2012 5:11 AM   in reply to Ned Murphy

Thanks from me as well. I'm trying to make an interactive house simulation game (basic) and hit this issue where the timeline needs to skip to the next segment as several options are available per room (listed one after the other in the timeline). Flash isn't particularly easy to use when it comes to this kind of thing. Is Flash Catalyst CS5 more suited to this?

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 29, 2012 6:25 AM   in reply to Motion0w22

I would say Flash is more suited to moving around the timeline, but ease of use is a matter of experience with any development software.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points