Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Public key

Oct 8, 2009 9:36 AM

Hi

I have a digital ID and I´d like to create a public key and send to my partners to allow them viewing my encripted documents

How to create a public id?

Thanks a lot

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Oct 8, 2009 4:21 PM   in reply to Gustavo Del Vechio

Hi Gustavo,

• Select either the Advanced > Security Settings menu item (in Acrobat), or the Document > Security Settings menu item (in Reader)
    • Select Digital IDs from the top of the tree view on the left side of the Security Settings dialog
    • Select the digital ID you want to use from the list view on the right side of the Security Settings dialog
    • Click the Export toolbar button (the gold arrow icon) on the Security Settings dialog
    • Follow the on screen instructions to either save or e-mail the FDF file. If you would rather use a P7C file select the Save the data to a file option, click the Next button and select *p7c from the Save As Type drop-down list.

As a side note, other people having the public-key certificate that corresponds to your digital ID allows them to encrypt a file for you to open. If you want someone to be able to open a PDF file that you've previously encrypted  using Certificate Security, you need to re-encrypted it using their public-key certificate file.

Steve

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points