Skip navigation
AlaskaJudie
Currently Being Moderated

iPhone photo downloader Error code: c0000005 Address: 7c910a19

Oct 10, 2009 8:53 AM

I have seen several posts regarding this error but have yet to see a solution. I cannot download my photos from my iPhone to my computer. Is there a solution for this?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Oct 26, 2009 8:53 PM   in reply to AlaskaJudie

First you want to disable the Photo Downloader so you won't be getting the same fatal error every time you plug in your iphone into your computer. To disable the downloader, find the little camera icon on the bottom right hand side of the Windows taskbar, right click on it, and you should be given the option to disable it.

Next, click on "Start" on Windows task bar, open the "All programs" list, find "Scanner and Camera Wizard" in "Accessories." This program - Scanner and Camera Wizard - will be the default program you use to download photos from iphone to computer. Every time you connect your iphone with your computer, you should be given a dialogue window where you can pick the "Scanner and Camera Wizard" program to download the photos. Once selected, the program will take you through a step-by-step wizard to download the photos. Within the process of downloading, you can select folders or create a new folder for the photos. In my opinion, making a new folder makes it easier to import them altogether into photoshop organizer where I usually do the "Smart Fix" for all the photos.

Once you have the photos downloaded, open up Photoshop's organizer interface, go to "files," and then "Get photos and videos." Here you will select "from files and folders." Locate the folder where the photos are stored, and then import them directly into Photoshop. Now, you should be at where you usually land if the photo downloader was working properly.

There doesn't seem to be a solution to the photo downloader crashing program. I even tried restoring my iphone to factory settting. Nothing worked. But at least there is a way to work around it.

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 29, 2009 1:53 AM   in reply to AlaskaJudie

Hi There,

This crash comes under a specific workflow. If your iPhone contains an image that is saved from an email attachment, this crash comes. i.e If you have mail setup on your iPhone and you save the image from one of the mail atachments and then try to download your photos via APD.

Please try to delete the saved images from the email attachments from your iPhone and try to download again.

Please let me know, if this solves your problem.

Thanks,

Tarun

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 29, 2009 1:09 PM   in reply to TarunAggarwal.

Thank you for your email. No, I do not have images on my iphone saved from

an email attachment. The images I have on my iphone are all originals taken

by the iphone. I disabled the photo downloader and switched to the Windows

Camera wizard. I then open Photoshop Elements' organizer workspace and

import the downloaded images. These seemed to have circumvented the

crashing.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 1, 2009 8:04 PM   in reply to sza2009

Hi,

Can you please revisit the photos in the iPhone for just to be sur that all the images are taken from the iphone itself? And that no photo has come from any other source into the iPhone?

Thanks/Tarun

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 6, 2009 12:35 AM   in reply to sza2009

Hi there,

Please let me know, if you have edited any of the photos from the iPhone itself and then observing the crash?

Thnaks/ Tarun

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 6, 2009 7:59 AM   in reply to TarunAggarwal.

No, I have not tried again because I have changed my computer setting to use

Windows camera wizard to download photos from iPhone. And regarding your

last email, no, I do not have any photos saved on iPhone from an email

attachment when previous crashes occured.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 15, 2009 3:11 AM   in reply to sza2009

Thanks sza2009 very much for posting your work around - you've been much more useful than the whole of Adobe Support.

Re: Posts from Turin - it's good that you are engaging with this thread and I note your explanation for the problem - but hang on,

why has this problem been allowed to happen and why has it not been corrected?  Lots of people are using iphones and most

will include pictures not taken with the phone - whether downloaded from the web or edited by the many edit apps.

Why hasn't the buggy PSE software been fixed so there isn't a crash???

I ended up upgrading from PSE 4 (which until the iphone worked fine) because I could get no support as to this crash problem

(I wish I'd found this post earlier).  I then get PSE 8 and it still crashes!  Adobe should really have fixed this much more

quickly!

Anyway, said my piece,

All the best,

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 18, 2009 12:19 AM   in reply to Bikerboy_london

Hi,

Earlier, this crash was observed under a specific workflow. If the iPhone contains an image that is saved from an email attachment, this crash comes. i.e. if we have mail setup on the iPhone and we save the image from one of the mail attachments and then try to download the photos via APD. This was happening because of mismatch in thumbnail size and actual thumbnail data of the image provided by the device.

Recently, I tried a workflow in which I edited the photo from iPhone itself and I reproduced this crash. On deleting the edited photos, APD would work just fine. This crash is also due to the same above mentioned reason.

Adobe is investigating both the crasher workflows.

Thanks/Tarun

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 21, 2009 7:30 PM   in reply to TarunAggarwal.

Just want to echo the above posts in so far as this should be one of Adobe's top issues to be resolved.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 31, 2010 4:09 AM   in reply to AlaskaJudie

Thanks for the discussion above. I have found the exact same problem. I followed the procedure set out above and found that there were a few images which appeared to have difficulty downloading to the thumbnail section. I deselected those, uploaded the rest to my computer and opted to delete once copied from my iphone. Those that were left on my iphone were the culprits. These were pictures I had edited using an iphone app or imported from other apps as wallpaper or similar. I deleted those and once the phone was turned off and back on all was well. Good luck.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 11, 2010 1:25 PM   in reply to TarunAggarwal.

It is now a year later than this post, and thereSTILL does not appear to be a solution. What UI want to do is disable the entire process: i.e. When I plug in my iPhone, NOT have it try to download.  I cannot seem to find a way to disable this "feature", despite wasting over an hour this morning working on it.

PS  Adobe, listen up: your software is too darned intrusive; I just want to edit pics, I don't want a web site, I don't want to sign up for everything. Now whenever I start elements I get peppered with these things. Please STOP.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 27, 2011 1:11 AM   in reply to sza2009

Thanks for the advice - it worked!! Until ~1 month ago no problems with downloading photos from my i-Phone(s) then Error Code c0000005, Address 7c91240b. Your suggestion fixed my problem - at least now i can get the pics from my phone.

However, i really shouldn't have to do this, i should be able to download directly into Photoshop Elements!

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 11, 2011 12:35 AM   in reply to AlaskaJudie

I have the same issue - new Iphone4, with only photos taken by the phone itself.  Can't believe this problem has been around for so long and not resolved.  Not happy Adobe!!

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 27, 2011 3:20 AM   in reply to AlaskaJudie

Same problem here, except that it always worked with my iPhone 4, but after upgrading to iOS 5... crash with same message.

Searched everywhere, but the only solution seems to be the good but roundabout way of sza2009.

I am thinking of stopping with this Adobe stuff. So many bugs, and a UI that is so horrobly counterintuitive. Basta.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 15, 2012 5:49 PM   in reply to AlaskaJudie

It appears this has been a problem for YEARS and that frustrates me.  While I have had newer versions of Photoshop Elements I prefered the simplicity of Photoshop Elements 6.0 for home.  I have it installed on my PC running Windows 7 and it works great.  Would recommend it to anyone, and did...

So my friend got it for her computer, and the dang thing will not work.  She is running Windows XP.  It installs, but when I connect her iPhone 4 to download pictures (I wanted to set up Adobe Photochop to do her downloads automatically, as she isn't very computer handy), after it counts the pictures, she gets Error Code c0000005 Address 7c910a19.

We both have iPhones.  I know for absolute certanty that I edit photos on my phone, I have them in e-mails, in texts etc, and I have no problems at my place.  I use the same program on my parents old computers running XP.

I need to get this working on her computer.  I don't want a work around, as she just isn't going to be able to do it, and...a work around shouldn't be necessary.

Please advise.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points