Skip navigation

Unable to install Acrobat Patch 9.2 on Mac

Oct 15, 2009 12:09 AM

Latest reply: USEthetics, May 3, 2011 6:53 AM
Replies 1 2 3 4 5 Previous Next
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Dec 12, 2009 2:08 PM   in reply to Kirsten Reshatoff

Hi Kirsten:

I followed your instructions exactly...deleted all of the log files from /library/logs/adobe

downloaded the updater 9.10 -

get same message:

Update failed

The patch has failed bla bla bla..

I went to the /library/logs/adobe - the directory is still empty after I previously deleted the old log files.. no new log files of any type were in there.

now what?

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 12, 2009 6:32 PM   in reply to JW0603

Hi Jon,

Yes I did see your log files, thank you so much for posting them.  They indicate that the WebLink plugin version is incorrect, which seems to indicate that a problem occurred with the 9.1.0 patch.  Without the failed 9.1.0 patch logs, we unfortunately have no way to tell what the exact cause of the problem with the 9.1.0 patch was.  I'm afraid the best solution for your situation is to reinstall using the instructions I posted previously.  If it fails for you again, please do send me the saved 9.1.0 patch logs and then we can finally put an end to this mystery.

Since I have not received any other failed log files from anyone else, I have no way to tell whether they are suffering from the same issue you have or something completely different.

-Kirsten

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 12, 2009 6:44 PM   in reply to monstrodude

Hi David T,

Missing log files, huh?  That's very odd indeed.  Can you try restarting the system and then double checking for me one more time that the version of all three applications: Acrobat, Distiller, and Uninstaller are all at version 9.0 ?  The only thing I can think of right now is that it is failing because of some preliminary version checking or something.

Thanks,

-Kirsten

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 13, 2009 4:14 AM   in reply to Kirsten Reshatoff

Kirsten:

Yes..missing log files... this time, I uninstalled Adobe Acrobat Pro 9 using App Cleaner per someone elses suggestion in the blog.  The I restarted my machine.  Then I reinstalled AAP9 using the original install disk.  It was interesting that it installed just fine and I didn't even have to put in a serial.

I am attaching a screenshot of the directory housing the new AAP9 install..yes

Yes...all of this below is V9

Acrobat Distiller
    ReadMe.html
    Acrobat Uninstaller
    Adobe Acrobat Pro

I download the 9.1.0 update but the Acrobat Pro9 software won't update as usual.  Same ridiculours message about components having changed

I still don't have any logs in the /library/logs/Adobe folder after I tried the update

This has to be the craziest and most annoying situation I have ever been in.  This is highly unusual for Adobe apps as I have been installing them since about 1986 with no problems like this....I have many Adobe apps.. This one is simply a huge PITA.

The upgrading protocol is terrible...incremental updating is simply a wasted of time and shows very little creativity on the part of Adobe.

In any event, maybe you can come up with some idea to fix this stupid issue.

I look forward to hearing from you again, hopefully with a fix that will actually work.  I am really starting to lose faith in Adobe's ability to actually do anything to remedy this horrendous problem.

All the best...David Talisman

Attachments:

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 13, 2009 7:18 AM   in reply to JatinderPal Singh

I am unsure why everyone (other than the Adobe people who should be working on a resolution) is spending so much time on this.  Is there something critical and essential about this patch that requires us to use 9.2 or perish?  I tried to upgrade; it failed twice; I came here for advice and saw that the problem was indeed not of my own making or under my control; I uploaded the requested logs and info to Craig, on the chance I might aid in finding the solution; and beyond that I am not planning to waste any more of my time.  I expect that this will be resolved by Adobe and a 9.2.1 Acrobat patch will be sent out that works on our previous versions that didn't accept this patch.  What am I missing here?

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 13, 2009 8:23 AM   in reply to Joel Blum

Joel, you are totally right! I would prefer being up-to-date with Acrobat, but if it takes hours - no, thanks.

Maybe we have to switch to Windows for a painless Acrobat version and update procedure? This whole scenario is both a tragedy and ridiculous.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 13, 2009 8:43 AM   in reply to Hank_61

Folks,

The reality is that software has bugs and sometimes it's hard to diagnose what the problems are when an issue creeps in to the mix.  I deal with situations like this quite often.  Personally, the real issues here are:

1. Seeming total lack of transition of this issue from Craig to others when he was let go.  There was a lot of research already done and many of us (me included) provided a significant number of logs and files to troubleshoot the situation.  Craig has suggested looking on his old laptop but that recommendation seems to have been totally ignored.

2. Lack of any acknowledgement that the core issue is that we are forced into a mode of incremental updates instead of a full installer for what I presume is a major update since it has the version number 9.2 instead of 9.1.4.  A full installer would not suffer from having to check which files to update and could just lay down a completely updated copy of the application.

3. Completely ignoring questions on which files are installed by Acrobat so that they can be uninstalled to test the "fix" of completely reinstalling the application. The uninstaller also does not function.  I am willing to try reinstalling, but I don't want to do it multiple times.  So, I want to make sure the existing version is completely removed.

Todd

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 13, 2009 12:24 PM   in reply to Joel Blum

Dear Joel,

I wouldn't give a flying fig about updating to 9.2 except for the security buylleting, (October 13, 2009):

The opening of this bulletin states:

Critical vulnerabilities have been identified in Adobe Reader 9.1.3 and Acrobat 9.1.3, Adobe Reader 8.1.6 and Acrobat 8.1.6 for Windows, Macintosh and UNIX, and Adobe Reader 7.1.3 and Acrobat 7.1.3 for Windows and Macintosh. These vulnerabilities could cause the application to crash and could potentially allow an attacker to take control of the affected system. This update represents the second quarterly security update for Adobe Reader and Acrobat. (http://www.adobe.com/support/security/bulletins/apsb09-15.html)

The word "Critical" seems to indicate that it is very important that users update their version of Acrobat immediately!

I also don't care, but every week or so the Adobe updater software runs and insists on trying to update Acrobat for me.

This is not fun, and embarrassing when it happens in the middle of a seminar of 150+ people. They want to know why I haven't updated the software.

Love

Sandee Cohen

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 13, 2009 1:23 PM   in reply to Sandee Cohen

I agree that the bulletin indicates that the upgrade would be a good idea, and I fully expect Adobe to issue a solution as it is their duty and their responsibility. I am just unwilling to spend the inordinate amount of time that seems to be necessary to resolve this on my own. (And as a Mac user, I guess the threat of attackers taking over my system doesn't seem a terribly likely scenario.)  In the meantime, I'd suggest turning off the "Check for Updates" option in Acrobat preferences prior to stepping up to any podium.  ;-)

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 13, 2009 4:44 PM   in reply to Pat Wibbeler

Dear Pawibbel,

I do hereby swear, on my mother's grave, that I have NEVER, EVER, EVER!!! used any type of modification file on any of my Adobe software, most especially Acrobat.

It has been my experience, since Acrobat first came out, that the installation of Acrobat is similar to stacking playing cards into a pyramid structure.

The entire application is so tenuously installed that if just one teeny, tiny element is modified in any way, the entire relationship of Acrobat and Distiller comes tumbling down.

This is especially true when updating the system software for the computer.

I have not even installed any sort of plug-in, not even the most-popular EnFocus Pitstop, as I did not wish to upset the fragile nature of the Acrobat instllation.

And the only "slimmers" that I am familiar with are the imitation food products sold in the UK and Australia. But I gave up those long ago as I am too old to take on a serious slimming (diet) program.

Perhaps Adobe should just create an Acrobat 9.2 installer that contains the whole Acrobat program. The type of thing that would be sold on a DVD.

Then, those of us who have had problems could take the four or five hours that would be needed to download this large installer. (Or we could send Adobe $4.95 for shipping to have the DVD sent to us.) Then, we could easily strip off the original Acrobat program (with an uninstaller provided on the DVD) and then install the 9.2 version. And use our serial numbers as proof of ownership.

Of course one thing that I find amazing is that with the exception of Craig and Kirsten asking for log files, no one from Adobe has contacted us to beta test the 9.2 installers or even give complete system info. (If you want to contact me, just ask Lonn Lorenz or anyone on the InDesign team how to get in touch.)

It just doesn't feel like this is a high priority. Could it be that the team is so busy working on the next version of the product that they have forgotten about those of us who are still using version 9???

The Acrobat team does not have a good record when it comes to parity between Windows and Macintosh users. It would be disastrous if they felt that the only way to clear up this problem would be to recommend that we upGRADE to version 10.

Love,

Sandee Cohen

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 13, 2009 5:59 PM   in reply to monstrodude

If you used app cleaner and was able to install 9.0 without having to key in serial number you didn't remove everthing. If everything is removed it would have required to key in serial number.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 13, 2009 7:03 PM   in reply to Phillip Jones

Well this is all a ridiculous waste of time. Why can't Adobe just sort this out, put out a new and correct 9.2 update and save us poor users all a lot of time?

I am on MacPro, 10.5.8, already have 9.2 installed yet keep getting reminders about the update. When I try to install it through their auto update thinking they mean I need another update I just get the error message that everybody else is getting.

I have been onto Adobe several times and they keep telling me to do the same old thing and it never works. Why am I getting an update alert when I already have 9.2?

Adobe, sort it out!

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 13, 2009 10:57 PM   in reply to Phillip Jones

Thanks for the heads up.  Do you have a list of all the installed files from Adobe Acrobat Pro 9?  If so, please send them.  I would have thought that app cleaner would remove everything..

thanks David

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 13, 2009 11:37 PM   in reply to Kirsten Reshatoff

Hi Kirsten:

Okay..I tried one more time even though I was pretty sure it would be an exercise in futility..actually, this will be the last time I will do a reinstall unless you or someone capable at Adobe actually has a real solution for this preposterous and time consuming update issue.

Here's what I did.  I used the Adobe Acrobat 9 Uninstaller and cleaned off the latest installation I had done yesterday..that's about number 6 or 7..I've lost count.

I then searched for all Adobe files that had anything to do with installation.  I did leave some strange files with a .swtag extension located in some obscure place.  Hopefully, you'll know what these are Kirsten.  I am uploading a screenshot of those.

After the uninstall, I rebooted to make sure the system was clean.

For the enth time I did a reinstall that did require the serial number so that seems to be a pretty accurate sign that I did a complete install.

I then tried to do an update to 9.1.0.  I get the same message as I did on day one... I'm uploading that screen too.

I looked in /library/logs/Adobe and there were no failed update log files so that's another mystery.

According to what the other folks are saying on this blog, they are feeling the same thing I am.  That is that Adobe has a buggy, troublesome update protocol that simply needs fixing by someone competent in software design.  That seems to be lacking in Adobe Acrobat Pro 9.

I'm hoping Kirsten that you can provide a solid end to this folly as I have run out of patience.

thanks for your input...

Aloha, David

Attachments:

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 13, 2009 11:40 PM   in reply to Joel Blum

Nothing critical except the app is unsafe and has a critical security

deficiency...that would be great if there's a 9.2.1 fix..unfortunately,

using Adobe's ingenious update protocol you'll probably have to install

9.2.01, then 9.2.02, then 9.03 etc..it will then fail on 9.2.09

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 13, 2009 11:42 PM   in reply to Kirsten Reshatoff

Hi Kirsten..

please see my latest post.

thanks David

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 13, 2009 11:42 PM   in reply to T Clayton

Very accurate and on the money!

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 13, 2009 11:43 PM   in reply to Phillip Jones

see my latest post..thanks for the tip..I did yet another reinstall with the serial this time and still no joy.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 14, 2009 2:35 AM   in reply to monstrodude

I had a similar situation to Sandee - whilst teaching InDesign one-to-one when the Updater kicked in. I cancelled the update and explained there was a problem with the patch but the client then wanted to know about the patch, security and whether or not they should be using Acrobat or pdf files.

There is also a known bug on Dreamweaver CS4 where the paste special (with formatting) doesn't work on OSX. I get the feeling that Adobe are shelving the necessity to continue to develop on existing Suites, knowing they can charge for the upgrades; upgrades that are often built to fix the bugs in the software people have already paid a lot of money for. Now, this tactic has been used by Microsoft for years and is a significant part of the reason why I jumped shipped.

If I bought a kettle and it didn't work, I wouldn't expect to have to pay to upgrade it to a working one.

I too supplied log files and have tried countless times to unsuccessfully install this patch. I'm tempted to bill Adobe for the time I have wasted on this. They have identified that their product creates a security risk to their users' systems and they have a responsibilty to fix it. I didn't sign up to Beta test Acrobat and would like to see Adobe take this matter in hand and act with the integrity I should expect from a Company who has happily taken many thousands of £ off me over the years.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 14, 2009 7:23 AM   in reply to Sandee Cohen

Sandee,

I do understand that some users (including) you are have not used app slimmers and are still having issues.  We're analyzing the logs people on this forum have posted, trying to understand the errors.  We still have never reproduced this inside of Adobe (nor to any of the many customers in our beta or pre-release programs), so we believe it maybe something specific to some users's configurations.  Thank you to those who've sent log files to Kirsten and Craig during this investigation.

Pat

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 14, 2009 7:48 AM   in reply to Pat Wibbeler

How about this one:  two identically configured Macs; PPC, 10.4.11; 

1.8mhz; 2gb RAM.  One has CS4 installed; the other has CS3.  The CS3 

Mac has had Acrobat 9 installed as a stand-alone app.  The CS3 stand-

alone updated without a problem; the CS4 suite Mac will not update.  

(Both were at 9.1.3).

Bill Beard

Prepress Department

Keiger Printing Company

3735 Kimwell Drive

Winston-Salem, NC 27103

336.760.5880 - Fax

www.keiger.com

webeard@keiger.com

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 14, 2009 9:28 AM   in reply to Sandee Cohen

Sadly, I have to take back my earlier report of success in installing the Acrobat 9.2 patch on my Macbook Pro, OSX 10.5.8 -- via the AppCleaner route.

Initially it appeared to have worked, but yesterday when I tried to open Acrobat, I got the following message:

Licensing for this product has stopped working. You cannot use this product at this time. You must repair the problem by uninstalling and then reinstalling this product or contacting your IT administrator or Adobe customer support.

Aaaarrrggghhh!

In short: using AppCleaner proved not to be a solution because it did not completely remove all of the relevant files. I was not prompted for a serial number when I reinstalled Acrobat, and this may have caused the licensing snafu.

To make matters worse, I'm on the road, don't have my installation CDs or a record of the serial no. with me, so Adobe tech support will not help me — despite the fact that I have been put in this position by their unbelievably shoddy update system.

I don't know what lower circle of hell this is... but the idea of going through this all over again (which I fear is what they're going to propose when I call them from home) is inconceivable. I have WORK to do and can't spend any more time on this.

Adobe, please fix this Acrobat mess!

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 14, 2009 3:43 PM   in reply to monstrodude

Hi David T:

The missing log files are very odd.  I have a few more ideas:

Can you check the permissions on the ~/Library/Logs/Adobe folder for me?  You can do it in Terminal if you feel comfortable or simply do a Get Info on the ~/Library/Logs/Adobe folder, open the "Sharing and Permissions" section, and take a screenshot of it.  Hopefully it says "You can read and write".

I'm also wondering how you have your hard drive formatted...if you do a Get Info on that, does it say "Format: Mac OS Extended (Journaled)"?  I seem to recall an issue with the "Case Sensitive" format.

Do you have File Vault turned on in the Mac OS X Security Preferences?

I really hope we're getting closer to a solution on this.  I feel your frustration and I wish there was more I could do to help.

Thanks,

-Kirsten

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 14, 2009 4:04 PM   in reply to Phillip Jones

Philip is correct that AppCleaner doesn't remove all the files for Acrobat.  I'm not too familiar with it, but it seems like it only removes one file outside of the application folder.  Here's a list of some places to look for Acrobat files, if you wish to remove them manually:

/Applications/Utilities/Adobe Utilities

/Library/Internet Plug-Ins/AdobePDFViewer.plugin

/Library/Application Support/Adobe

/Library/Preferences

/Library/Printers/PPD Plugins/AdobePDFPDE900.plugin

/Library/Printers/PPDs/Contents/Resources/en.lproj/ADPDF9.PPD

/Library/Receipts

~/Library/Application Support/Adobe

~/Library/Caches

~/Library/Logs/Adobe

~/Library/Preferences

~/Library/Printers/Adobe PDF 9.0.app

~/Library/Receipts

/usr/libexec/cups/backend/pdf900

/private/etc/cups/ppd/AdobePDF9.ppd

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 14, 2009 4:17 PM   in reply to Kirsten Reshatoff

Hi Kirsten..

Permissions - ~/Library/Logs/Adobe- see attached

Permissions - HD- see attached

File Vault is not turned on - see attached

let me know what's next.

thanks David

Attachments:

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 14, 2009 4:21 PM   in reply to Kirsten Reshatoff

In addition look in Username > Library  > Application support > Adobe look for anything associated with Acrobat 9 and above

also look in Username > Library > Preference > Adobe,  look for preference and .plist files associated with Acrobat 9.x

Ideal way to find files are go to Finder  go to file menu  then choose Find File

type in search box first Acrobat, do a find remove all the items found. Then type in adobe and remove any items associated with Acrobat 9.

Leave your PDF's alone.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 14, 2009 4:31 PM   in reply to Kirsten Reshatoff

Kirsten,

Thanks.  Can you provide the specific list of all of the files?  I know that I can search through all of the locations, but it seems like it would be fairly straightforward to have a tech note detailing all the steps someone needs to go through to manually remove Acrobat without impacting the other CS4 apps.  Personally, I would like to see the specific list of all of the files that should be (and need to be) removed prior to manually uninstalling the application.

Todd

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 14, 2009 7:40 PM   in reply to monstrodude

Hi David,

Is it possible that your ~/Library/Logs/Adobe folder is owned by root?  Maybe that is why the log files are not getting created.  Can you try launching the Terminal (it's in /Applications/Utilities) and type the following:

cd ~/Library/Logs

ls -l

Also, are you running as an Admin or Standard user?  It should say in System Preferences under Accounts.

Thanks,

-Kirsten

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 15, 2009 3:17 AM   in reply to Kirsten Reshatoff

Your command line statement is not clear...

is this cd ~/Library/Logs (space or no space)

then: ls -l

OR

/Library/Logs ENTER then

ls -l ENTER AGAIN

OR ???

I'm running as Admin User

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 15, 2009 12:48 PM   in reply to monstrodude

Hi David,

Please type the first line with a space between "cd" and "~/Library/Logs" exactly as I have typed it in my previous post.  Then press Return.  Then type the second line with a space between "ls" and "-l" (lowercase L, not the number 1).  Then press Return again.

I hope this helps to clarify,

-Kirsten

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 15, 2009 5:20 PM   in reply to Kirsten Reshatoff

Okay Kirsten..here you go:

Last login: Tue Dec 15 01:11:54 on ttys000

rrcs-66-91-134-66:~ david$ cd~/Library/Logs
    -bash: cd~/Library/Logs: No such file or directory
    rrcs-66-91-134-66:~ david$ ls -l
    total 24
    drwxrwxrwx+ 25 root   admin   850 Dec 15 15:15 Desktop
    drwxrwxrwx+ 31 root   admin  1054 Sep 20 09:47 Documents
    drwx------+  6 david  admin   204 Nov 13 17:33 Downloads
    drwxrwxrwx+ 53 root   admin  1802 Nov 10 10:17 Library
    drwxr-xr-x   3 david  admin   102 Apr 24  2009 LimeWire
    drwxrwxrwx   5 root   admin   170 Apr 24  2009 Logitech
    drwxrwxrwx+ 13 root   admin   442 Apr 17  2009 Movies
    drwxrwxrwx+ 13 root   admin   442 Aug 12 09:31 Music
    drwxrwxrwx   3 root   admin   102 Apr 24  2009 Pando Packages
    drwxrwxrwx+  9 root   admin   306 Dec  3 08:45 Pictures
    drwxrwxrwx+  4 root   admin   136 Apr 15  2008 Public
    drwxrwxrwx+  5 root   admin   170 Oct 17  2007 Sites
    drwxr-xr-x@  3 david  admin   102 Jun  4  2009 WebEx
    drwx------   9 david  admin   306 May  6  2009 gnupg.macgpgsaved.09-05-06_16.05.57
    -rwxrwxrwx   1 root   admin     8 Oct 17  2007 loc.txt
    -rw-r--r--   1 root   admin    53 Sep 16 07:18 log
    -rwxrwxrwx   1 root   admin    34 Oct 17  2007 tmp1.txt
    rrcs-66-91-134-66:~ david$

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 15, 2009 5:22 PM   in reply to monstrodude

Hi monstrude,

I am getting all the emails you sent to Kirsten. Am not sure why!

I made one post to the forum re Acrobat updates, but didn't think I'd 

get all the responses which I don't think are addressed to me...

Judy

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 15, 2009 5:36 PM   in reply to monstrodude

No, you forgot the space between "cd" and "~/Library/Logs"

-Kirsten

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 15, 2009 6:21 PM   in reply to monstrodude

Wait, why is everything owned by root?  Your Desktop folder, your user Library, your Documents folder...

Perhaps you need to repair disk permissions using Disk Utility?

-Kirsten

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 15, 2009 6:28 PM   in reply to Kirsten Reshatoff

Kirstin

I am getting all the emails you sent to the forum. Am not sure why!

I made one post to the forum re Acrobat updates, but didn't think I'd 

get all the responses which I don't think are addressed to me...

Judy

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 16, 2009 1:16 AM   in reply to Kirsten Reshatoff

Hi Kirsten:

I ran disk utility on both of my internal boot up drives and I cannot clear all of the permission problems on either disk.  I also tried booting up with Disk Warrior...latest and the fix file permissions is greyed out.

You have any suggestions on how to fix this without reinstalling the system?

Please advise.

thanks David

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 16, 2009 3:43 AM   in reply to monstrodude

Perhaps take a look at this Apple KB article:

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT2963

From the 6th paragraph or so:

"Note: In Mac OS X 10.5 and later, while started up ("booted") from the Mac OS X 10.5 installation disc, a user's home directory permissions can be reset using the Reset Password utility."

Todd

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 22, 2009 2:03 AM   in reply to Kirsten Reshatoff

Hi Kirsten:

I followed your suggestion to investigate any permissions issues with my user folder.  I called Apple and told them all of the problems that I was having with upgrading Adobe Acrobat.  I was having some other issues like not being able to start up from several Leopard system disks.  After quite a long time of troubleshooting, the Apple Product Specialist recommended replacing the MacPro's Motherboard and ram (10gb).  Today, the Apple Technician came out and did just that....replaced the motherboard and ram.  After installing the new parts the computer worked seamlessly.  The technician checked all of the permissions and verified that they were perfect.  He even went the extra step of resetting all of the permissions to the defaults.

After all of that work making my computer 100% verified and certified working the way it should, I was still unable to update Acrobat Pro 9.0.0 to 9.1.0.

The technician said I am not alone in having this problem as he had gotten similar feedback from other users.

The bottom line is simply there is a serious issue in being able to update Adobe Acrobat Pro 9.  While Adobe provides a small bit of lip service in trying to remedy this now documented real problem in it's software, the fact is that Adobe is unable to fix the issue.

I have spent enough of my valuable time troubleshooting the problem and will now stay with Version 9.0.0.  Of course, I'm at the mercy of the hackers out there since Adobe Acrobat 9.0 is also seriously security flawed by Adobe's own admission.  I'm hoping it doesn't become a problem.

I'm also hoping that in its infinite wisdom, Adobe will be professional enough to come up with a solid, functional updater in some future version of this flawed semi-professional software as I'm sure they would like to avoid a class action lawsuit from the growing number of disgruntled and unhappy normally loyal Adobe customers.

Since I have spent many thousand of dollars purchasing original versions and upgrades for Photoshop, Acrobat, CyberStudio, Flash, Dreamweaver and other Adobe software I feel extremely disappointed and cheated by this incredibly frustrating situation.

You can bet that my previous habits of always updating to the latest Adobe is now under review.  Before I purchase any further Adobe products or upgrades, I will be certain to research their efficacy and reliability.

Since I am not going to bother trying to upgrade any longer, I would appreciate it if Adobe sends me a working copy of Adobe Acrobat 9.2 on CD.

Short of that, I am completely writing off this unrewarding learning experience and chalking it up to simply being "Adopeied".

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 22, 2009 5:42 AM   in reply to JatinderPal Singh

I am repeating my suggestion to Adobe that I made in an earlier posting. But since it was buried in a longer post, I think it desrves its own entry.

In order to help those who are unable to upgrade from 9.1 to 9.2, I suggest that Adobe create an Acrobat 9.2 installer.

This DVD would then be sent, for a nominal shipping charge of $4.00, to anyone who requests it.

The user would then use the "Uninstall Acrobat" script on the disk, and then reinstall Acrobat using the 9.2 installer. There would be no need to update through 9.0 to 9.1 to 9.2.

I am almost positive that such an installer exists as this is how Adobe employees customarily get the latest versions of the product.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 22, 2009 6:04 AM   in reply to Sandee Cohen

I have also made this suggestion several times above.  It seems that no one really wants to consider this, though...

Todd

|
    Mark as:
Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points