Skip navigation
loopymaj
Currently Being Moderated

lost product key code

Oct 18, 2009 3:11 AM

can anyone tell me where I can find a product code for an Adobe photoshop elements 1.0.1? It came as part of a bundle of software for my computer.

Sadly, quite recently I had to reinstall everything, as the computer crashed; but in doing so, I now have no product key code to reinstall the software!

So I'll be interested in what there is I can do to fix the problem.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Dec 9, 2009 6:06 AM   in reply to loopymaj

If you registered the product from the registration screen, then you might find the serial number inside "Your account" on adobe.com, else I dont think there is any other option.

Barbara, do you have any clue?

Thanks & Regards,

Ankush

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 9, 2009 6:35 AM   in reply to loopymaj

Yes, if you registered it, the number should be in your Adobe Store Account information. Otherwise, it's usually on the paper sleeve the disc was in, but unfortunately, bundled copies use serial numbers sold in a batch to the reseller, so there's no other way to track it down.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 9, 2009 6:41 AM   in reply to loopymaj

You can also check the serial number under the Help Menu > About Adobe . . . .  You could find the serial number there. Other ways to find serial number:

If it's a boxed product, you can check it on the back cover of the jewel case or sleeve of the case or disc. Also, if you register your software online, then you can just sign in to your account and go to View Product Registration when you get to the Home page or Welcom Screen....

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 9, 2009 10:22 AM   in reply to Khaye2728

Khaye2728 wrote:

You can also check the serial number under the Help Menu > About Adobe . . . .  You could find the serial number there. Other ways to find serial number:

The problem with that is even if she has PSE installed on another computer the last four digits won't be displayed in Help<System Info....Serial Number. Besides, it sounded to me like the poster reinstalled his/her OS...

Hopefully, the poster registered it.

If it isn't registered but is on another computer, regedit (Windows application...on XP call it up using RUN) can be used to find the missing four digits. In regedit dialog, Edit<Find then plug in the numbers that are where Khaye2728 indicates in his post...Help<System Info...Serial Number. Note: This only works for the older versions of Elements...1 + 2 definitely.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points