• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to hatch diagonal lines in Illustrator

New Here ,
Oct 19, 2009 Oct 19, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How to hatch diagonal lines in Illustrator?

I want to make a ground level indication, but I dont know how to do it.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apply a pattern fill. There are various of them included with AI. Just open the respective additional swatch library. To rotate them, use the rotate tool's panel dialog and chose to only transform the fill, not the object.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the information. I am wondering which swatch library I have to use.. I cant find one that seems suitable for line hatches.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Patterns --> Basic?! Works for me. If you need the hatching to be according to DIN, ISO or local construction rules, you may need to adjust it or build your own ones, though.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok it works now.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 28, 2018 Jan 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the similar question. I export a rhino linework to the illustrator, and I want to hatch some part of the line work. all the lines are touching each other but the hatching doesn't fill up the whole area. What should I do?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 28, 2018 Jan 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version of Illustrator are you using?

Can you show some screenshots that illustrate your request?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 04, 2020 Apr 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How to "apply a pattern fill" ? How to "use the rotate tool's panel dialog"? Where is it? This answer is useless because it says the things I want to do but not how exactly how to do them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 04, 2020 Apr 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines