• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

FM-9 Toolbar buttons do not execute multi-code commands

Explorer ,
Oct 22, 2009 Oct 22, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anyone of You encountered comparable problems with the new interface ?

Description:

If in customui.cfg a command is defined which Definition comprises more than one action code, then:

• The action is correctly executed when called from the menu
  • The action is correctly executed by the assigned key sequence (ESC, ...)
  • Only the first action code is executed, if the command is called from a button in a toolbar

Justification:

Since FM-6 users are happy with the Enhanced Toolbar provided by microtype.com - which I want to make available for FM-9 also (see http://daube.ch/docu/fmaker55.html).
Switching between edit-view and print-view is an action which is performed at least every half hour. The faulty behaviour requires to strictly use either the menu or the assigned ESC sequence.

Additional Information:

For example, in customui.cfg the following commands are defined:

*** Borders ON, Text symbols ON, others untouched
<Command EditingView
   <ReservedLabel Document &Edit View>
   <Definition \x3F1 \x3F2 >
   <Mode All>>

*** Borders OFF, Text symbols OFF, Graphics ON, others untouched
<Command PrintingView
   <ReservedLabel Document &Print View>
   <Definition \x4F1 \x4F2 \x3F8>
   <Mode All>>

The toolbar definition for the corresponding buttons contains this code:

<ACTION command="EditingView" tooltip="Edit View: Show Borders and Text Symbols">
   <images normal="P_HALFSP_18X18_R.png" rollover="P_HALFSP_18X18_N.png" dark_normal="P_HALFSP_18X18_R_D.png" dark_rollover="P_HALFSP_18X18_N_D.png"/>
</ACTION>
<ACTION command="PrintingView" tooltip="Print View: Hide Borders and Text Symbols; Show Graphics">
  <images normal="P_CUSTOMSP_18X18_R.png" rollover="P_CUSTOMSP_18X18_N.png" dark_normal="P_CUSTOMSP_18X18_R_D.png" dark_rollover="P_CUSTOMSP_18X18_N_D.png"/>
</ACTION>

Circumvention:

The desired function can be performed by using the menu item or the assigned ESC sequence.

PS: Adobe's bug reporting form an unreasonable demand: such a small input field! no real editing possible to distinguisch text and code...

Klaus Daube

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 22, 2009 Oct 22, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Klaus,

Thanks for reporting this. I haven't tried making modifications to the extent that you show, but based upon other feedback that has come through these forums, it further confirms a number of issues that the new OWL interface has in dealing with expected behaviour by users. I hope that the FM engineering team has figured out how to properly translate prior behaviours by now and that further patches (or the next version of FM based upon the 18-24 month release cycle) will fix these behavioural anomalies.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 26, 2009 Oct 26, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Klaus,

I tried doing the exact steps you had mentioned - and was able to successfully apply multiple commands through the toolbar icon in FM9 250 build. Multiple actions were executed both through the ESC key sequence and the toolbar.

Could you please try adding this in cmds.cfg under *** File Menu ***

<Command EditingView
   <ReservedLabel Document &Edit View>
   <KeySequence \!noc>
   <Definition \x361 \x362 >
   <Mode All>>

These 2 commands are to toggle borders and text symbols and they demonstrate that both commands are getting applied via shortcut as well as the toolbar (attaching the toolbar xml file I am using).

If the problem still exists, pls do mail me your .cfg and toolbar file.

Regards,

Amit Agarwal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 26, 2009 Oct 26, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Amit,

You use the toggle commands while I (and Shlomo) use the set ON/OFF commands - but the problem seems to be the same.

With your setup (User1.xml and your codes for customui.cfg) I observe the following (FM 9.0p250):

Before execution of menu, ESC sequence or button I have set manuly OFF both Text Symbols and Borders to have a clear situation.

1. Using the menu Edit View: Text symbols stay on, Borders are toggled - NOK
  2. Using the sequence ESC,n,o,c : both Text Symbols and Borders are toggled - OK
  3. Using button "Edit View": Text symbols stay on, Borders are toggled - NOK

I send You the files by e-mail

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 29, 2009 Oct 29, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

IMHO this problem can be circumvented by the method, Amit has found (according to off-line e-mail):

Place the command definition not into customui.cfg, but into cmds.cfg

In this case all three execution methods (menu, esc sequence, button) execute all codes within the command.

Amit accepts this as a bug and will take notice of my bug report (which i entered on Adobe's bug report page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines