Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Please help me out - process cannot be initiated via email

Oct 26, 2009 11:18 PM

Please help me in sorting out the below two issues

1. I cannot invoke process through email

2. The reject action associated to the HOD user action is not working fine, the impact happed because of this reject action is that - multiple blank forms are getting multiplied in the to do list of next user.

Providing you the summary of usecase and attaching the screen shots of my lca file for your review - please help me friends.

Summary of Usecase:

An employee fills up (online or offline whichever is suitable for him/her) and sends an Expense Reimbursement Form to his/her Head of Department (HOD) for approval. Employee can also use Adobe Livecycle Workspace to fill up the said form. Both the English and Arabic versions are incorporated for the ease of readability. HOD has rights to approve or reject the said form. In case of rejection, employee will be notified through email. If HOD approves the form, it then redirects to Accounts Department for reimbursement. After the operations of Accounts Department like valuation of expense etc., the form then redirects to Administration Department for further processing like cheque no. entry etc. The employee will be notified through email to collect his/her cheque from concerned department. Also an SMS notification regarding the status of the application will be send to the employee.  Once the entire process is completed  all the data will be pushed into the database and it can be used for future reference.

Thanks,

Vinod

Attachments:

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Oct 27, 2009 12:05 AM   in reply to VinodChattergee

Hi Vinod,

As you have mentioned that you are unable to invoke process through email. Are you getting any exceptions while invoking? Is the process initiated at all? And lastly I could not understand why are there two input variables. My asumption here is that you are expecting a pdf via mail from the user, so why do you have the varXML as input variable.

Secondly as per the use case "In case of rejection, employee will be notified through email." but in the process diagram the rejection brach leads to assign task (Employee).

Also what do you mean by "multiple blank forms are getting multiplied in the to do list of next user", who is next user here?

Thanks

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 27, 2009 1:08 AM   in reply to VinodChattergee

Hi Vinod,

Thanks for the information.

Seeing the process diagram I dont see any reason as to why the HOD queue is getting multiple empty forms. Could it be that these blank froms in HOD queue are not because of rejection but because of email initiation?

Can you try following steps.

1. Clean up all HOD's tasks.

2. Go to workbench and start process recording.

3. Initiate the process from workspace.

4. Run the rejection flow once again.

Have a look at the process recording, this will give a fair idea as to where these empty forms are coming from.

Thanks

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 27, 2009 1:33 AM   in reply to VinodChattergee

did you actually complete the task that was assigned to HOD?

Recoding would only progress once you complete the flow.

So the steps would be like this

1. switch on the recording

2. start a new process

3. complete the task assigned to HOD (reject).

4. then complete the task assigned to employee (correct the form information)

5. after this you would get a task assigned to HOD again and your problem (mutiple forms) would have reproduced by now.

At this moment you check the recording and follow the green path.

Thanks,

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 27, 2009 2:42 AM   in reply to VinodChattergee

Hi Vinod,

I am not sure as to why this is happening, but can you try a work around, "Populate Form" is the start activity of your process, Add a dummy operation prior to "Populate Form" and make that start activity.

Dummy Activity (Start)  -> Populate Form -> HOD AssignTask

My assumption here is that maybe the system is getting confused with the start activity.

Thanks

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 27, 2009 5:34 AM   in reply to VinodChattergee

You don't want two input variables for your process. I understand you want to start it from workspace or email so what I would suggest is to create a separate process with one input variable of type xml for the process that receives an email and when you get the email properly call a subprocess that is in fact you main process.

That way the main process is only called with one input variable and the invocation mechanism (email or Workspace) won't be confused as to which variable should contain the data when the process is being invoked. In your case when you use email, it might not know where to put the attachment data (in which input var).

Jasmin

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 28, 2009 11:53 PM   in reply to VinodChattergee

Hi Vinod,

You can retrieve the information about the user initiating the workflow using the email id of the invoker. Steps involved would be following.

1. Get email id of the invoker.

2. Use find user service to get user details.

3. Assign the rejected task to user retrieved in step 2.

Thanks

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points