Expand my Community achievements bar.

SharedCollection supported in Flash/AS only?

Level 1

Maybe it's just a documentation issue, but I can't find anything listed in the docs/flashOnly/asdocs for SharedCollection.

In fact, this makes me want to know for certain if anything is left out of the AS only approach.  I mean, I'd love to jump into Flex but I'm just not sold on it.  Anyway, please the support between deployments (as, flex, air?).

Thanks!

1 Reply

Former Community Member

Hi Phillip,

The idea behind the Flash-Only SDK is that we basically took all our Flex codebase and threw away anything with mx in it. So, you'll see that most of the UI Componentry is gone (we just don't have bandwidth to support more than one UI Framework).

For SharedCollection, it's a bit of a toss-up. Technically, it's an implementation of ArrayCollection, which is an mx class. That said, we did create our own basic implementation of ArrayCollection for the flash-only SDK (for UserManager.userCollection, etc). We'll have a look to see if it makes sense to use that here, and maybe we'll be able to bring this class back from the dead.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention - we'll also be planning some more comprehensive docs for the Flash-Only SDK (it's been on our list for a while, but we're getting asked about it more often since the recent mobile announcements), and a better documentation home (online) for the collective set as well. Lots is underway, so your feedback is definitely timely.

nigel