Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

"An unspecified error occurred while performing a conform action on the following file:"

Nov 4, 2009 6:00 AM

Has anyone else gotten this error in any of their projects?  I've searched around Adobe support pages and elsewhere on the internet, but have found nothing.

It comes up in the events window and I can't even read what file it's talking about because it's on the next line, but the error message only shows one line and I haven't figured out a way to expand it.

I'm not even sure if it's causing any problems, or not (the project seems to work ok).  This message shows up twice, as a red circle with an 'X' in it, but I also get the following message numerous times referring to a large amount of my .avi files:

"File importer detected an inconsistency in the file structure of filename.avi.  Reading and writing this file's metadata (XMP) has been disabled."

That message shows up as a yellow triangle with an '!' in it.  Since I haven't been able to turn anything up about these messages, I figured I'd ask here and see if anyone knew what was going on, how to fix the problem or if I should even worry about them.

Thanks.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 4, 2009 6:07 AM   in reply to Webshark2000

From what video camera does your source material come and what codec is used (use Gspot to figure that out)? Could it be that the audio is AC3? How did you capture or ingest?

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 4, 2009 6:38 AM   in reply to Webshark2000

Paul,

Your thread header says 'a conform action'. This usually implies an action while 'conforming' the audio to 32 bits for editing, hence my question about AC3. I would look at the consistency of the separately made audio files.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 4, 2009 7:58 AM   in reply to Webshark2000

I know the second error message with the yellow triangle is fairly harmless.  I get it all the time.

Is the main error message in red actually causing an issue, though?

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 2, 2011 3:53 AM   in reply to Webshark2000

I am having this problem now when i use dynamic link from Premiere to after effects. I copy the footage from premiere then paste into after effects, i add alittle text maybe some light rays etc save it then go back to premiere. Then i get this message "An unspecified error occurred while performing a conform action on the following file C:\Caches\Media Cache Files\text comp 1 48000.cfa." does anyone have any idea as to what this is? i have had a few problems using the dynamic link from premiere to after effects problems such as Premiere freezing, not playing the after effects comps back in real time, crashes etc. Its as if the 2 programs dont like the dynamic link.

Im running Master Collection CS5 & CS 5.5 on running on a 24gb ram, Intel Core i7 950 @3.07GHz PC with a NVIDIA GeForce GTX470 graphics card.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 2, 2011 1:39 PM   in reply to Webshark2000

Thanks for that ill have to try it, it just means alittle bit more work. Also

not sure if this is releated but it feels like it could be. Ive been working on this project for a while, im using cs5 and im having to convert all my canon XF-300 footage to AVC intra class-100 720 because of cs5 having a bug that makes mxf files from the canon use all the ram and basically makes editing a nightmare. Any how like i said ive been working on it awhile now but ive just started to do the after effects dymanic link for a few tex effects etc. Ive noticed that premiere has started to not close properly and instead of closing straight down the screen goes white and says premiere has crashed. will this have something to do with the dynamic link? ive made all the after effects links offline and it seems to help alittle but its very unpredictable to be honest.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 3, 2011 3:54 AM   in reply to harebrainedfilms

Does anyone know what settings are best used to export an after effects composite thats HD so i can edit it in Premiere? As the dynamic link is nothing but trouble im wondering what the best settings are, My files are already converted to AVC Intra class 100 from Canon MXF files. So instead of doing the dynamic link im planning on doing my after effects work then exporting but im looking for what settings are going to work best.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 4, 2011 8:35 AM   in reply to Webshark2000

Cheers for that, now where is that codec? is it an external download codec or is it part of adobe's export codecs.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 4, 2011 9:19 AM   in reply to harebrainedfilms

Lagarith Lossless is a free download from this site: http://lags.leetcode.net/codec.html

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 10, 2011 7:34 AM   in reply to Webshark2000

Thanks for the advice. Just one last quick note what sort of settings are you guys using for the

Lagarith codec? i exported a 25 second clip the other day and it came to almost 2Gb. So im wondering what sot of settings i should be using to get the best quality.

cheers

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points