Skip navigation
AnthonyGRQ
Currently Being Moderated

Adobe Flash Media Live Encoder 3 - Video Hardware Acceleration Warning

Nov 8, 2009 8:39 PM

I have been looking for an answer for this error for a few days without any luck.

I just loaded the Adobe Free Encoder 3 and the Flash Media Server (Free Version) on a Dell PowerEdge 1950 running Windows 2003 server standard edition with Service Pack 2.  The computer has an Intel Pentium III Xeon 2.66GHz Quad core processor with 4GB RAM.  I am using an Osprey 240 video capture card.

The computer was previously running Windows Media Encoder and it was working fine, but I needed to upgrade to a flash stream.

Whenever I start the Adobe Flash Media Live Encoder I get the following error:

"The video card's hardware acceleration level is set too low.  Open the Display Properties, Settings tab and click Advanced, then select the Troubleshoot tab and increase the Hardware acceleration setting.  Then restart the application, etc...

I did as instructed and it did not work. I also tried changing the display settings to lower and higher resolutions.  I also updated the video card to the latest drivers.  I double checked the hardware requirements.  http://www.adobe.com/products/flashmediaserver/flashmediaencoder/syste mreqs/ and it looks like I'm ok.

I also checked the approved hardware list http://www.adobe.com/support/documentation/en/flashmediaencoder/FMLE_D eviceMatrix3.0.pdf.

The Osprey 240 is not listed, but that seems to be working fine.   

I'm thinking that the internal video card that I have may not be compatible with the Adobe Encoder.  The video card that I have is an ATI ES1000 embedded video that has only 16MB of RAM.

I have the latest version of DirectX - I ran DxDiag and it shows that I'm running DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904),  Under the Display tab it says that the DirectDraw Acceleration, Direct3D Acceleration and AGP Acceleration are not available.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Anthony

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points