Skip navigation
davedillon
Currently Being Moderated

PDF CANT OPEN

Nov 11, 2009 3:05 PM

I NEED HELP. I CAN'T OPEN MY FILES ESPECIALLY MY EMAILS. I DOWNLOADED THE ADOBE READER 92, AND ALL OF A SUDDEN I CANT OPEN ALL MY FILES.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 11, 2009 6:04 PM   in reply to davedillon
    1. Please don't post in all-CAPS!
    2. Give some details, i.e. your operating system.
    3. What means "CANT" - what happens when you try?
    4. You mention that you have "downloaded" Adobe Reader; have you actually installed it?
    5. How do you expect emails to open with Adobe Reader?  What is your email client?

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 12, 2009 5:35 AM   in reply to davedillon

If you choose the option manually select from the list - it should give you a list of programs (one of which should be Adobe Reader) if this is not on the list manually browse to the location of it depending on which version you have installed (for example c:\program files\adobe\reader 9.0\reader\acrord32.exe) would be for version 9.

If you cant find the acrord32.exe in any folders under c:\program files\adobe then you have not got acrobat reader installed!!!

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 12, 2009 6:01 AM   in reply to davedillon

Yes they are the same.

Have you tried manually browsing to find the acrord32.exe as in my previous post?

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 13, 2009 12:54 AM   in reply to davedillon

When you select manual select the program from the list you will be displayed a dialog similar to the one attached (this was from an xp machine - although the vista one wont be to disimilar) notice the BROWSE button.

Attachments:

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 13, 2009 6:00 AM   in reply to davedillon

Dave

I think we have tried everything we can there.

I would use an offline installer for adobe reader there is one http://ardownload.adobe.com/pub/adobe/reader/win/9.x/9.0/enu/AdbeRdr90 _en_US.exe

Save it to your desktop and directly install it from there.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 13, 2009 7:14 PM   in reply to davedillon

I have a different but similiar problem. I have windows xp and adobe reader 8. I cannot open pdf attached files from my email. It wants to open in the web browser but says it can't. If I save them, I can then open them in adobe if I select it. I don't have that option opening them as the pdf attachment. I recall having a popup option to select with an "apply" butten that I erroneously selected internet and hit the apply button. Now I cannot find where I can undo it.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points