Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Possible fix for Windows 7 lockup issue

Nov 21, 2009 10:16 PM

I applied this patch and everything is working fine now. Encore even retrieves the system info!

http://kb.roxio.com/search.aspx?URL=/content/kb/General%20Information/ 000070GN&PARAMS

Not sure why Encore is working now. This patch is to the Roxio PX engine and I have no Roxio software installed.

Previous posters have stated this is a 32-bit fix but I am running Windows 7 64-bit and it appears to have fixed the lockup problem.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 22, 2009 8:15 AM   in reply to LeBozo

I've not paid attention to WHAT, but I do know have read that Adobe did not write all of Encore, they license part(s) from another company

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 22, 2009 9:42 AM   in reply to LeBozo

LeBozo wrote:

I applied this patch and everything is working fine now. Encore even retrieves the system info!

http://kb.roxio.com/search.aspx?URL=/content/kb/General%20Information/ 000070GN&P ARAMS

Not sure why Encore is working now. This patch is to the Roxio PX engine and I have no Roxio software installed.

Previous posters have stated this is a 32-bit fix but I am running Windows 7 64-bit and it appears to have fixed the lockup problem.

But you do have the PX Engine installed - it is an integral component of the burn engine in Encore.

This is why installing certain Roxio software can seriously interfere with Encore's Processes.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 23, 2009 10:20 AM   in reply to Neil Wilkes

Neil,

Does this patch have anything to do with the issue of Encore freezing (requiring a reboot) when attepting to open an existing projectwhen using Win 7 64 bit?  This issue is also being reported by many but I am wondering if it has roots in the patch.  I just don't want to apply a patch where it may not pertain to the particular issue I and others have encountered and reported.

Can you please provide some insight to this patch and your experience as to a possbile fix to the issue I have mentioned.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 23, 2009 11:12 AM   in reply to jkb242

Make a full image of your hard drive to a USB hard drive... I use http://www.terabyteunlimited.com/image-for-linux.htm

Apply the patch and see if it fixes your problem... the worst that can happen is that you have to go to your USB hard drive and restore

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 23, 2009 1:54 PM   in reply to LeBozo

I have been having issues with encore as well. When I tried to import wav file as asset, win 7 froze forcing me to restart system. I thought it might be corrupted wav file so I tried another, same thing. Then I thought maybe the project, so I made a new project and tried and every time, it locked up windows 7. After reading in here about everyone else having trouble, I decided to finish my project in xp.

Hopefully there will be a fix, or  maybe Adobe will sit on it til cs5. That would be wrong though in my book. What good is Encore if you can't use it?.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 23, 2009 2:39 PM   in reply to LeBozo

LeBozo-----and all who are following this thread-----

I applied the patch that LeBozo found and who reported it worked for him.  My initial finding is that it has fixed the problem--or so it seems thus far.

Prior to seeing LeBozo's message this AM, I loaded one project in the subject OS and it loaded fine-  I close it and opened anoher and the system froze.  this project opened yesterday  adn Satruday a few times without failing and on one or two other ocassions it froze.  As I reported initially, my system freezing with the subject OS has been erratic but has always happened when opening a project.  On a few more rare ocassions, I have expereiced it freezing while working on a project.

I restarted after the system froze and installed the patch--rebooted and open the same two projects again and both opened fine.  System info worked fine but until today, I was unaware that it was assoicate with the program freezing.

Over the next several days will be the real test. If the OS does not freeze again, I have to report complete agreement with LeBozo as this being a possible fix for SOME issues but maybe not all but hopefully for the widely experienced one.  As LeBozo points out, there are simply too many combinations of installed software and and hardware to pin this down any closer.  Possibly yet another set of conditions will be unearthed with this OS, but hopefully, Adobe is working now on more Win 7 64bit testing--not necessarily a lot of comfort to others with issues that are not fixed by the patch found by LeBozo.

Much thanks Lebozo for offering this info and patch--hopefully I can confirm a true fix in the next several days.

Happy Thanksgiving to all !

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 24, 2009 6:35 AM   in reply to LeBozo

Well I have to add my thanks to Lebozo for the tip as well. I applied the patch (in Win7) while ago, and now I am transcoding my project! The transcode failed in XP, so I am back in Win7. So far so good. Before the patch, Encore would lock up the system forcing a reboot. Looks like this should be Adobe's next update to Encore for all the masses.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 27, 2009 6:45 AM   in reply to LeBozo

Hi,

I also have the same issue, I have applyed the patch but it still have a lockup issue

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/531138?tstart=0

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 27, 2009 8:06 AM   in reply to MattscottC

Matt,

Try to be more specific as to your exact conditions when this happens.

Sent from my iPod

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 27, 2009 8:33 AM   in reply to jkb242

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers