Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Adobe Story Updated - Check out the latest features!

Nov 30, 2009 10:06 AM

Check out the latest updates to Adobe Story: http://www.adobe.com/go/adobestory

A new build has been posted and the improvements include:

-            Tagging

-            Smart type options for Character elements

-            Keyboard Shortcuts

Tell us what you think of Adobe Story by clicking the link below:

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?sm=GmlrDsH9X6HEnk89LT5nWw_3d_3d

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 30, 2009 3:15 PM   in reply to Srinath(Adobe Story Team)

I'm very pleased with all of this, and I really really want to make the switch to Story, but until the page mores and continueds situation is ironed out, I can't use it - not even out of preference; it's just that nothing I write on Adobe Story would be accepted formatted that way.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 3, 2009 6:11 PM   in reply to Srinath(Adobe Story Team)

Is there Chrome support on the books? Not a dealbreaker, as I'm fine with using Firefox for Story, but Chrome's certainly my primary browser.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 3, 2009 8:31 PM   in reply to whiskeyriot

Not for now. It adds another platform for us to test on and seems unnecessary to support right now.

Happy to know that this is not a deal breaker for you.

--Anubhav

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 5, 2010 11:23 PM   in reply to Srinath(Adobe Story Team)

I am probably one of the few people who was driven here by the chance to keep my laptop running in Ubuntu Linux (9.10) and still have access to some sort of accurate screenwriting tool.  I have just today in fact received a very nice note from the folks at FinalDraft stating that Linux is likely never going to be in their future even though it seems like  asimple matter as it actually installs seemingly correctly using Linux and WINE (latest as of this date) but, it will not accept the registration info which is prompting the few Linux users I know interested in screen writing to use alternate and rather poor methods (like Celtx) that simply are cludgy or only work occasionally correctly if at all.  There are templates for OpenOffice but they aren;t perfect and have yet another learnign curve.  All this brings me here.

The point of jumpint into this thread in the forums is that although I was able to manually install AIR using help from another link, and it did seemingly later update itself, I am unable to install the desktop version as the installer fails for me.  It opens a new html doc and asks about installing Story, attempts a download and then after the download seems to complete, it fails.

My question is then, why not just toss a package out there we can access without going through all the installer and download manager hassles.  Give me a link that works please and I will download it and install it myself.

As of now, I have inported and adjusted and tagged a short 12 page script ( I work in experimental narrative short films) but I must have internet access for this to work for me.  This means I cannot fully test the application as I am unable to test it offline.  This is due to downloading and I believe, updating issues.

There is a lot of talk in other areas about feature sets, font types for editing vs printing and other "tools".  To be honest with you, I am happy to use it as it is right now with nothing else added or needed from my end.  This is working for me on Linux and is my only option.

Thanks,
    Sean

(PS, I'm willin got beta test for Ubuntu 9.10 Linux)

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 7, 2010 8:27 PM   in reply to DeepBlueEdit

Hi DeepBlueEdit,

You should be able to download the AIR app directly from the following URL:

https://story.adobe.com/AIR/AdobeStory.air

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 7, 2010 10:37 PM   in reply to DeepBlueEdit

Sean.

Does the install start or it just fails silently?

As of the online offline experience, just for the first time, Adobe Story would like you to go online so that we can fetch any of your existing scripts from the server and validate your ID. The other reason we prefer you to be online is so that your scripts are synced to the servers and are available for collaboration (if you want to).

That said, you should be able to import a non PDF script and tag it in Story without ever going online.

--Anubhav

Anubhav Rohatgi

Product Manager, Adobe Story.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 8, 2010 6:11 AM   in reply to Pankaj-Adobe Story Team

I found that there is no true clean uninstall but after a bit of searching I was led to manually removing /etc/opt/Adobe* and /var/opt/Adobe* but this needed to bu done as root using sudo rm -rf Adobe* as subfolders are locked. After that, the AdobeAIRInstaller.bin could be installed by doing a chmod +x AdobeAIRInstaller.bin first followed by sudo ./AdobeAIRInstaller.bin

All that was just to reinstall AIR. After that, AIR was listed as a working application in my program menu and when I right clicked the Story package, it then asked if I wanted it to be installed by AIR. After saying yes, it worked fine.

The moral of this story is, many application designers fial to make uninstall scripts which are very helpful to those of us that don't want to be geeks and drill into our system workings especially as root. Please make a clean uninstall script or write up a method to remove the apps involved and make it easy to find. I spent a good hour plus trying to figure all this out and 1 minute running an uninstall script would have been much better.

Still love it so far. Working on my next experimental short using it right now. Thanks.

Sean

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 8, 2010 8:55 PM   in reply to DeepBlueEdit

Sean.

I'd love to know more about your work. Can you email me at anubhav at adobe dot com?

--Anubhav

Anubhav Rohatgi

Product Manager, Adobe Story.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 23, 2010 12:35 AM   in reply to AnubhavRohatgi

Here's a quick link on MORE and CONTINUED and CONT'D from screenwriter John August: http://johnaugust.com/archives/2010/contd-vs-continuous

Hope it helps!

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)