Skip navigation
zjimbo
Currently Being Moderated

Can I update to CS4.1....

Dec 1, 2009 6:15 AM

without doing any damage to my projects? They are all original CS4 projects. I am running Vista 64 bit.

The last time I upgraded from CS3 to CS4 I had a lot of problems with my projects. Some titles were missing and the lead in to the next clip was shortened. It was a mess. Many of the titles were without an image and they would not move when I slid all the clips to the right. They got covered up.

I had to replace them with the origional tille to get them working

I ended up redoing all my current projects in CS4 just to save the hassle.

Just want to see if updating to CS4.1 would be a mistake.

Thanks again for all the past help.

I am slowly working my way to completing my projects. I have a post about Encore not reconizing my DVD player and I am working on that. When I get that fixed I will have all the problems taken care of.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Dec 1, 2009 6:36 AM   in reply to zjimbo

Yes.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 1, 2009 8:10 AM   in reply to zjimbo

You should update to 4.2 instead...and no, it hasn't damaged any of my projects started before updating.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 1, 2009 8:16 AM   in reply to zjimbo

I would have agreed with the others that an update won't affect your current projects, but then I would have said the same for the CS3>CS4 update.  I had no such issues as you describe.  I can't think of any reason for you to have had those issues.  So it makes me wonder what is different about your system that would cause such problems, and will that also affect the newest update?

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 1, 2009 4:50 PM   in reply to zjimbo

I went from 2.0 on XP 32 to CS4 on Win 7 64 and had few problems opening up my older projects.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points