Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Acrobat 9 does not scan correctly in Windows 7

Dec 12, 2009 12:21 PM

I have tried numerous settings in Acrobat 9 to get it to scan correctly, but the pages come out skewed.  It works okay in B&W, but Grayscale comes out with the text skewed (see sample attached).  I have the latest update and I even ran the repair tool, but I can't seem to find the problem.  It worked okay in Windows XP.

Any solutions?

Attachments:

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Dec 12, 2009 12:43 PM   in reply to William Boswell

Acrobat doesn't scan at all. This is a driver issue. The driver may have issues with Windows 7 or Acrobat 9 may have issues communicating with the scanner driver under Windows 7. I'd recommend contacting your scanner company AND posting the problem here:

https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform

That way if there is something Adobe can do to address the problem they will.

In the meantime, you can see if there are updated drivers from your scanner company.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 2, 2010 11:54 PM   in reply to William Boswell

So, to understand the issue better, I need a little bit of help. Please try scanning with TWACKER which is an application for testing TWAIN datasources. what you need to do is:

1. Download TWACKER (Twack_32.msi) from http://www.twain.org/downloads.shtm

2. Install it.

3. Go to <Program files>\TWAIN Working Group\Twacker 32 and invoke Twack_32.exe.

4. Go to File menu > Select Source.

5. Select your Scanner's TWAIN driver (not the WIA driver) and Click OK.

6. Now, invoke File > Acquire menu.

7. Does it give the same output.

If the output through this application is also the same, then in all likelihood it is driver's issue.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 5, 2010 9:52 PM   in reply to William Boswell

Thanks for trying these steps!!

From your description it seem the TWAIN driver is either not installed at all or not installed properly. Do you see the TWAIN driver list in the Acrobat's Scanner dropdown list (File > Create PDF > From Scanner > Custom Scan)? If not, then it is definitely the scanner driver issue. I checked on HP website and found Win7 specific drivers http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/DriverDownload.jsp?pr odNameId=1140780&lang=en&cc=us&prodTypeId=18972&prodSeriesId=1161389&t askId=135

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 6, 2010 6:13 PM   in reply to Ravish Sharma

I agree that is probably a driver issue. Also check your version of AA9 (I am at 9.4.1 I think). I used AA9 in Win7 this weekend to scan from an HP C5280 and it worked fine.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 10, 2011 7:33 AM   in reply to William Boswell

I have the same problem with HP 3055. But I don't believe it is a driver problem, because I can scan using windows Fax and Scan utility. Which levaes me to believe that there is an issue with Acrobat 9 in Win7 environment. Any ideas on how to resolve the issue.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 10, 2011 8:02 AM   in reply to skipwood

I run Acrobat 9.4.1 on a Windows 7 Pro 64-bit machine, and it scans just fine from my Epson V30 scanner. You should try to make sure you scanner driver is updated to the latest level for your Windows 7 environment.

Many years ago during my Windows 98 days, I had a HP scanner and had severe driver problems. I tried in vain to get some answers from HP but none came. I therefore swore I would never buy another HP product again and purchased an Epson scanner. I have been happy with Epson scanners ever since.

Ken Friedman

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points