Expand my Community achievements bar.

Preview Button is grayed out

Level 4

Good morning,

I am having a bit of a dilemma, Adobe Acrobat 9 pro was just loaded to my workstation and now I am unable to Preview the form in LiveCycle. I need to be able to test the forms. I have tried going to the Form Properties and selecting the Preview tab and making the recommended suggestions but, nothing is working! I have no idea why Preview PDF is grayed out.

By the way, some of the forms were created in LiveCycle 8.0

Any assistance will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

4 Replies

Level 10

Hi

Check that the "Display PDF in browser" option under Edit ... Preferences ... Internet is ticked.

Bruce

Level 4

That option is checked. I followed those instructions under Tech Notes. I am at my wits end!

Thanks anyway!

Level 7

I have experienced this same problem on other installations. To be honest I never found the cause. On some machines I had a previous version of the software and I thought that may have been the problem. The only solution I was able to find was to remove Acrobat and LC Designer. This by itself is not enough though. You have to go to the registry and remove Acrobat and LiveCycle there as well. I cannot tell you exactly what to remove, but be careful as you can mess up your registry badly if you are not sure what to do. I wish I could give you a better answer. Good Luck!