• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CF9 licensing question

Participant ,
Dec 18, 2009 Dec 18, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I currently have a CF7 production server and I want to build a new server and upgrade to CF9. My question is if I can setup the new server and test my site using the trial version of CF9. When I'm ready to make the new version live will I be able to insert my new license key and I assume my old cf7 key to make the upgrade valid onto the new server?Is this the recommened procedure for upgrading to a new version of CF and moving to a new server at the same time?

I'm also understand that the CF9 license allows it to be loaded onto another server for use in redundancy. I would not have the old server running in production but waiting ready in case the production server goes off line for any reason. Is this within the limits of the license?

Any advice on this would be greatly appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Dec 18, 2009 Dec 18, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

http://www.adobe.com/products/eulas/pdfs/adobe_coldFusion_combined_20090811_0930.pdf

4.1.1 License. Licensee may (a) install the Evaluation Software on Computers within Licensee’s Internal

Network and (b) permit only Authorized Users to use the Evaluation Software (and electronic document,

content and other materials generated by or processed with the Evaluation Software) within Licensee’s

Internal Network for the sole purpose of determining whether to purchase a license to the Software and not

for any revenue generation, commercial activity or other productive business purpose. Licensee is not

permitted to use the Evaluation Software (including its output) directly or indirectly with any Production

Software or Development Software (or the output from such software).

2.3 Backup and Disaster Recovery. Licensee may make and install a reasonable number of copies of the

Software for backup and archival purposes and use such copies solely in the event that the primary copy

has failed or is destroyed, but in no event may Licensee use such copies concurrently with Production

Software or Development Software. Licensee may also install copies of the Software in a Disaster

Recovery Environment for use solely in disaster recovery and not for production, development, evaluation

or testing purposes other than to ensure that the Software is capable of replacing the primary usage of the

Software in case of a disaster.

Ken Ford

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation