Skip navigation
vejoe
Currently Being Moderated

could not complete your request because the result would be too big - cs3

Dec 21, 2009 10:49 PM

I exported 1.32 minute of quicktime movie file from FCP into photoshop CS3 about five weeks ago.  Since then I've been diligently working on each individual frame.   I've about 10 seconds left to the end of file.  Unfortunately, I turned off my mac two nights ago and I can no longer open the file. The message says "could not complete your request because the result would be too big".  The file size is 1.16 GB and saved as .psd.  I'm working on Mac OS X 10.5.8.  Any suggestion or solution would be appreciated.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Dec 21, 2009 11:20 PM   in reply to vejoe

How are You set for RAM and Scratch Discs?

Have You tried optimizing Your Performance-Preferences yet?

As with all unexplainable Photoshop-problems You might try trashing the prefs (after making sure all customized settings like Actions, Patterns, Brushes etc. have been saved and making a note of the Preferences You’ve changed) by pressing command-alt-shift on starting the program and/or starting as a new User.

Other than that System Maintenance (repairing permissions, purging PRAM, running cron-scripts, etc.) should not do any damage either.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Dec 22, 2009 11:50 PM   in reply to vejoe

Well, the technical side is not my forte, either.

But in the Performance Preferences there is a field for Scratch Disc – the preferred primary Scratch Disc should be a dedicated internal one, maybe You should check this out:

http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/404/kb404440.html

But I read somewhere that the warning might actually indicate that the file is corrupted, in which case: How often do You back-up?

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points