Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Activation server (adeactivate.adobe.com) service disruption

Dec 23, 2009 4:57 PM

The Activation server wil be unavailable tomorrow from 9 am until 10 am PST (-7:00).  I will post confirmation when the server is back up again and apoligize for the inconvenience.

--

Jim Lester

Adobe Systems

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 6, 2010 1:52 AM   in reply to Jim Lester

Hi Jim,

I've apparently reached a limit on activations (new computer etc) and now, when trying to install ADE on my new laptop, I'm getting this message:

E_ACT_TOO_MANY_ACTIVATIONS http://adeactivate.adobe.com/adept/Activate 882:4882:7882 urn:uuid:e5dd014d-fed8-430a-965c-4a2cd857be49

Who do I contact to get my activations reset? This is causing a big headache and is preventing me from using my Sony PRS300 Reader.

Rgds,

Kurt

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 8, 2010 8:14 AM   in reply to Jim Lester

Don't bother going through Sony.  They just have to put in a web ticket with Adobe too.  Going on 4 days now waiting for more activations

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 8, 2010 8:20 AM   in reply to VixenBC1

Although it might be a good idea to call them anyway.  Maybe if Sony knows what a problem Digital Editions is, they might have more pull to get this issue resolved than us poor saps.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 8, 2010 8:40 AM   in reply to VixenBC1

I just think Adobe isn't prepared to deal with customer service for this type of product.They're simply too big and this product is too insignificant as a revenue stream. I submitted a ticket on Wednesday but have had no response. Just another example of how DRM is irritating to good customers. Doubly so when there are two companies you have to deal with. I wonder if Amazon is any better.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)