Skip navigation
DarvinAtkeson
Currently Being Moderated

Mouse wheel only goes up?  in Bridge (Photoshop CS4)

Jan 3, 2010 9:14 PM

I'm experiencing a problem with Bridge (CS4) where the mouse wheel only scrolls upward.   Trying to scroll down causes erratic behaviour.   If you scroll in normal speed it always returns to the top.  If you spin the mouse wheel down fast, Bridge will scroll down some then move back up a little.   No problems in any other Adobe product such as Photoshop CS4. 

Has anyone duplicated this behaviour?

Any solution?

NOTE:  WACOM tablet mouse works correctly.

Regards,

Darv

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 3, 2010 11:50 PM   in reply to DarvinAtkeson

sounds like a dying scroll wheel to me. Bridge shouldn't be using any special code to implement the scrolling behavior, try scrolling in Explorer, it should behave the same way

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 11, 2010 9:24 AM   in reply to DarvinAtkeson

I have a Logitech G9 and a Microsoft Wireless Laser Mouse 5000 plugged to my PC.
    I have this issue to, but it is only affects the Microsoft Mouse. Maybe it is a problem with IntelliPoint software, what causes it.
    : )

The Logitech mouse's wheel is working perfectly.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 25, 2010 1:53 AM   in reply to DarvinAtkeson

Same here. When using a Microsoft Wireless Laser Mouse 6000, I can only scroll up (or left in filmstrip view). Using a Logitech mouse scrolling works OK. I have been using the Microsoft Mouse for several years on Windows Vista x86 and the scrolling has been working OK in all applications including Bridge CS4 (and Photoshop CS4, Lightroom 2.6 and so on). It is only when using Bridgde CS4 on Windows 7 x64 that I have problems with the scrolling (again scrolling works OK in Photoshop CS4 x86, Photoshop CS4 x64, Lightroom 2.6 x64 and so on).

Update: I just checked and the scrolling actually works in the side panels. It is only the film strip and in the light table that scrolling is defective.

Seems to be some kind of bug in Bridge CS4 when running on 64-bit Windows?

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 2, 2010 4:11 PM   in reply to jjohanson

Same problem here.  I have the Microsoft Wireless Laser Mouse 6000.  The scroll wheel worked fine in CS4 Bridge under Windows Vista x64.  After I changed to Windows 7 x64, the scroll wheel will only pan the thumbnails to the left while in Bridge's Film Strip mode.  If I reverse the sort order of the files, the mouse scroll wheel still scrolls only left.  I always use Film Strip mode and am accustomed to using the scroll wheel a lot.  Sure wish this would get fixed.  I wonder if it's an Adobe problem or a Microsoft problem.  I’m guessing Adobe because the only program that has a problem is Bridge and, even then, only in horizontal film strip mode.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 15, 2010 3:28 PM   in reply to DarvinAtkeson

I had the same problem until I downloaded the Windows 7 64bit drivers from

http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/download/download.aspx?category=MK&t ype=Mouse&sku=QVA-00001

Pablo

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 15, 2010 5:13 PM   in reply to SaintPablo

SaintPablo,  Perfect!  Working now.  I had incorrectly assumed that Adobe was the culprit since I only had trouble with the mouse wheel in Bridge.  The MS driver update solved the issue.  Super.  Thanks again,  Mardon

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 14, 2010 9:20 AM   in reply to SaintPablo

Yay! Downloaded the 64-bit driver for Windows 7 and solved my nagging problem with my Wireless Optical Mouse 2.0.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points