Skip navigation
pelechin
Currently Being Moderated

can't print pdf file from internet explorer

Jan 13, 2010 10:53 AM

Hello, I have tried numerous things, even reinstalling Adobe, and recreating a user profile, to be able to print a pdf file from IE7.  Here's what happens/doesn't happen: the pdf file opens in Adobe 8.1 Pro, I select the print icon, choose the printer, the print progress bar pops up and the disappears very quickly, the printer icon appears in the taskbar very quickly, and nothing comes out of the printer.  The printer doesn't even indicate it received any data, even though the print spooler says the file was sent to the printer.  I have tried this printer from other computers and it works fine.  Any suggestions would be much appreciated.  Thanks.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 13, 2010 2:40 PM   in reply to pelechin

Try deleting the printer and then re-installing the printer driver from scratch.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 14, 2010 2:49 AM   in reply to pelechin

Save the file on your desktop or in your download directory, open it with adobe acrobat reader then print it.
    I've got the same issue, apparently IE7 is having an hard time dealing with PDF files...

Jin

http://exonerationfiscale.com

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 18, 2010 10:10 AM   in reply to pelechin

Have you tried deleting temp files in IE and on your hard drive?

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 18, 2010 11:11 AM   in reply to LoriAUC

Have you tried using the print button on the plug-in rather than the browser file>print button. The latter will NOT print the PDF. You have to use the print button on the plug-in.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points