lajka3
Currently Being Moderated

clicking on process just opens a process designer blank window

Jan 14, 2010 1:21 AM

hi,

i am using a trial version of livecycle workbanch version:

Adobe LiveCycle Workbench ES2
Version: 9.0.0.0.20091021.2.223388

yesterday i sucessfully imported some sample application and could open and edit a process.

today when i click on the same process nothing happens just a gray blank process designer window opens.

no errors, no logs.

any ideas?

Attachments:

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 14, 2010 6:40 AM   in reply to lajka3

Windows 7 is not listed as a supported platform, so yes that might be the problem.

See section 1.2.2 in http://help.adobe.com/en_US/livecycle/9.0/install_dev_enviro.pdf

scott

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 26, 2010 8:49 PM   in reply to lajka3

I'm having the same problem. I've been using Workbench ES2 and ES2 SP1 successfully on Windows 7/64bit for months, and now whenever I try to open a process, I get a blank screen. We have Workbench ES2 SP1 still successfully running on other Windows 7 machines.

I have reinstalled Workbench ES2 numerous times - both with and without SP1 - to no avail. Cleaning and reinstalling Windows on this machine is not currently an option. After uninstalling Workbench, I make sure to delete the C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe LiveCycle Workbench ES2 directory, as well as the directory under Users/AppData/Remote.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 27, 2010 3:00 AM   in reply to lajka3

Turns it out was due to the fact I had 'localhost' pointing to a different machine in my hosts file.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 24, 2011 4:49 AM   in reply to lajka3

if your local regional setting (from control Panel) is different from English this problem has occured.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 24, 2011 6:06 PM   in reply to lajka3

i have the same problem. After installation, it works and the process designer become blank window after removed users admin right. I tried reassign admin right to the user the process designer works again. Try to assign admin right to the user should resolve the problem.

But I have a question, is it possible for a user to use process designer without assigning admin right to him?  Normal user do not have admin right on company's computer, but they will need to use process designer. Please help to solve the problem. Thanks.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 28, 2011 8:04 AM   in reply to lajka3

I've seen this issue when multiple persons are working on the same application. Synchronizing the local application (right-click) helped me. Alternatively, delete the local copy and get it from the server again.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 10, 2011 12:19 PM   in reply to lajka3

I solved this problem by right-clicking the LiveCycle Workspce shortcut and clicking "Run as Administrator...".

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 13, 2011 6:56 PM   in reply to zig84

how about if the user is not administrator of the computer and he doesn't have the admin password? how can a normal user run the process designer?

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 9, 2011 6:14 AM   in reply to hkho

We are seeing the same problem now also.

We dont have Microsoft Office installed so Groove would not be the problem.

I have tried running as adminstrator and it is doing the same thing.

I have tried on a windows server 2003 as well as a windows 7 box so that wouldn't be the issue there either.

All my Languages are set to english also.

Did anyone ever find out a resolution to this problem?

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 9, 2011 7:30 AM   in reply to bruce.jackson

Adjust your JVM heap size and try again. This has happened few times when

the system's available memory is low.

Nith

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 9, 2011 11:40 AM   in reply to $Nith$

I tried doing that and my heap size is set at 2048 which should be plenty sufficent enough.

Contacted Adobe support and they agree this is a bug and opened up a bug ticket.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 19, 2012 9:14 AM   in reply to bruce.jackson

Hi Bruce,

Can you please let us know if there were any updates from Adobe on the mentioned issue or can you please share the bug ticket number. Our Adobe LiveCycle developers are facing the exact similar issue and would appreciate any kind of help in this regard.

Thanks, Swarup.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 19, 2012 9:55 AM   in reply to swsarkar

The only way we ended up correctly this is to switch to ADEP.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 19, 2012 10:01 AM   in reply to bruce.jackson

Thanks a lot. I will contact our Adobe support to see if they have any fix for this or else will have to consider moving to ADEP.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points