Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Live Effects on images that crossover gutter.

Jan 15, 2010 10:48 AM

I have a 156 page job with facing pages that was created in Indd CS4. It has many instances where images are placed which crossover the gutter. The images have some transparency effects applied. Basic Feather and/or Inner Glow, so the outside perimeter of the image fades to paper. When we print or export pdfs as single pages it breaks the image at the gutter and then applies the effects to both the left and right hand halves of the image adjacent to the gutter so when impose for print there is a white feathered area running vertically through the gutter.

The solution is NOT to print in spreads. If this was a simpler job I could do that. This is a fairly complicated imposition and the pages are in 32 separate files. Anyone know a setting to keep the live effects from applying to the center of the image when single pages are created?

Thanks in advance for any and all help.

Clark

Color Press

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 15, 2010 10:56 AM   in reply to Clark Steve

What settings are you using for export to PDF?

Are you patched to 6.0.4?

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 15, 2010 10:59 AM   in reply to Clark Steve

Does it help any to copy the image, then set the spread so it won't shuffle, drag it apart to get independent pages and paste in place on the side that loses the image?

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 19, 2013 6:34 PM   in reply to Peter Spier

Had exactly this happen today with CS5.5 (7.5.3). Is this the latest version??

Maybe it's time to upgrade to CC.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 20, 2013 2:35 AM   in reply to Camst4

7.5.3 is that last patch version for CS5.5. I don't think this is something that is going to change if you upgrade, though. Did you trie any of the solutions offered above?

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 20, 2013 7:14 PM   in reply to Peter Spier

Oh I got around it easily enough. Just cropped it down in Acrobat.

But still... See images below. Exported with bleed & without bleed.

PDF_with_bleed.jpgPDF_without_bleed.jpg

Though today, found a solution! Simple enough - just fill those image boxes white (& extend the boxes further out so no shadow in the bleed).

Wtf? Even with images bleeding off, the shadow snaps to the trim box when exporting a PDF with no bleed!? And all it takes is a fill of white instead a fill of none....

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points