Skip navigation
CruiseExpertBob
Currently Being Moderated

Acrobat Pro 9 - Form Return as pdf instead of xml?

Jan 15, 2010 8:30 PM

I have designed

a fillable form as an overlay on an

existing pdf.

Everything is fine except when my client cl

icks on the Return By Email bu

tton it is returned to me as an xml

file but I want it returned as a pdf.

How can I fix this?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 16, 2010 6:23 AM   in reply to CruiseExpertBob

Is the form to be distributed to many folks? If so, enabling the PDF submission may be a license violation (check sec 15 for the limits). However, you have the same result if you simply open the form and import the XML data into the form. The result is identical to getting the full PDF and has no license restrictions.

Since you are apparently using Designer for the form, further questions about the form should probably be asked in the LiveCycle forum.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 16, 2010 11:46 AM   in reply to CruiseExpertBob

In Acrobat you need to enable extended reader rights. However, I do not know if this works for Designer forms. Check in the Designer forum.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 16, 2010 6:47 PM   in reply to CruiseExpertBob

You will have to go to Designer (the reason you should inquire in the LiveCycle forum) and check the options in the submit button. I find Designer a bit of a pain to use because they default to many things that I would not use (bad practice like e-mail), yet it is not real clear about how to modify. I guess it is just that I am used to Acrobat forms and have not played with Designer enough. Anyway, in Designer, check the properties of the submit button. I may check AA7 in a bit to see what is there.

In my earlier post, I was suggesting to just live with XML. It is easily imported to the form PDF to give the same result as if the form had been sent with completed fields. May be a lot simpler in the long run.

Additional info: I went to Designer 7 and selected the submit block properties. On the object field I selected button, not e-mail or http submission. This adds a submit tab. Under that tab you have a choice of selection type. I assume that Designer 9 is similar. You have to set the URL to mailto: (do not put in space between the ":" and the address) if you want e-mail submission, but be careful with e-mail submission as it fails for many folks due to their e-mail client setup. You will then have to go back to Acrobat (I think) and activate Reader Rights, but this activation is where you have to be careful about the use in terms of the license restrictions.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 19, 2010 6:53 PM   in reply to CruiseExpertBob

Sounds like I finally read a question fully and gave a useful answer. I often scan and miss an important part of the problem. Glad you are happy with the result. I learned a bit along the way! Bill

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points