Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

WHY DOES ADOBE NEED SO MANY UPDATES?!!!!!

Jan 18, 2010 6:03 AM

Why the heck does adobe reader need to many ******** updates every ******** week!!!

I swear, as a student i have enough active programs already, i don't need more porgrams to ******** restart my computer everyday just because your stable platform of adobe sucks. The worst part about adobe's updates, are the following:

1) it is huge UPDATES (30mbs+), if I were to download the adobe reader from your site right now, it is less than the update package. Hows does that even make sense.

2) It feels the need to be important and restart your computer every time it updates.

3) Why does Adobe Reader even need so many updates, if there is constant client problems, than I think you should release a stable client all at once.

I will not use this PDF reader ever again. There is better PDF readers out there, that don't waste people's time on updates.

p.s. mounting a complain on this site also sucks. Has anyone tried to click on the product feedback page? it is like they don't want you to complain about their products.

Replies 1 2 Previous Next
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 30, 2011 12:44 PM   in reply to dsafdsfsdfds

I noticed the same issues...I could not find how to contact Adobe to ask why so many updates are required.  I know that in addition to the frequent updates I experience that any infrequent Firefox update will also require an Adobe update. I also have a ton of licensed software that allow me to manipulate adobe products that rarely require any updates of any kind. Lately it has reached a peak and I wish they would tell me why I need to update. I feel like the minor program I sometimes use has taken the place of the OS and Browser in hijacking the time it needs with manipulating the space put aside for it on my hard drive.  Do the adobe folks celebrate every update they put out with a kegger as incentive to put out even more or is the software so flawed the users need to update it weekly in order for it to function?  Really getting sick of this...to put this into perspective.  I am the kind of guy who can drive down the road from Florida to California with a car full of kids blowing kazoos when they arent complaining about the kid next to them saying or doing something to them every 3 minutes and it doesnt annoy me, I can spend 6 hours in the DMV and be sent home to get more documents 2 times in a row and it does not annoy me, I can sit through titanic with a row full of middle school girls crying in the row in front of me - no problem, I am the kind of guy who has never written a complaint about any piece of software in his entire life because he has never gotten to the point of wasting his time pounding out a description of the issue...Adobe's constant updates are starting to annoy me- and I am that guy!  So I am pretty sure it is annoying others.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 30, 2011 8:13 PM   in reply to dsafdsfsdfds

There were three Reader updates this year:

• 2011-04-21: Adobe Reader 9.4.4
    • 2011-03-21: Adobe Reader 9.4.3
    • 2011-02-08: Adobe Reader 9.4.2

I really don't think that's too many...

|
    Mark as:
    May 12, 2011 5:43 AM   in reply to Pat Willener

The list you have there is somewhat less than complete. Though the published DOT releases are as you say, there are numerous updates that occur in between them. I routinely deletel the *.log files from my %temp% directory so I have lost information prior to 24 March, but since then my AdobeARM.log file shows updates on:

1. 2011-03-24 22:01:45
    2. 2011-03-27 12:04:30
    3. 2011-04-01 19:33:54
    4. 2011-04-14 07:48:04
    5. 2011-04-17 10:46:42
    6. 2011-04-19 05:51:40
    7. 2011-04-21 14:27:00
    8. 2011-04-25 08:16:50
    9. 2011-04-28 18:03:12
    10. 2011-05-12 08:27:10

and, since the topic is Adobe updates, I'd include a comment about the numerous Flash updates as well. It almost seems I get prompted to update flash every time I boot up.

|
    Mark as:
    May 17, 2011 6:19 AM   in reply to LUIZ DASILVA

I too am having problems with updates, once or twice each week. Definitely more than the three listed by the previous poster. As well I am caught in the spin cycle of web sites telling me to call 1-800 numbers, and then you phone only to be told to visit the web site. Neither the phone menu or the web site have any clear path to a resolution. Customer service with most companies is a misnomer, there is no such thing as service.

Anyway, does anyone have any idea how to stop this?  One page on the Adobe site said I can go to "preferences" and stop updates, but I can't even figure out where to find Preferences. I'm not even savy enough to know if I can get by without Adobe, or what to replace it with.

|
    Mark as:
    May 17, 2011 6:31 PM   in reply to dsafdsfsdfds

Because Adobe is using their Adobe Download Manager...

...as an advertisement platform.  If you've watched it download then you'll notice that they're trying to get you to also download their "partner" products.  In other words, Adobe makes money when you download something from one of these other providers.  It's the same as that checkbox for the Google Toolbar on their download page.  Presumably Google pays people, say, $1 if you install the toolbar for them.

So if a million people install the Google Toolbar from their routine of downloading/upgrading an Adobe product then that's a million dollars for them.  And so the more versions they make in a year...

|
    Mark as:
    May 19, 2011 12:21 AM   in reply to LUIZ DASILVA

LUIZ DASILVA wrote:

and, since the topic is Adobe updates, I'd include a comment about the numerous Flash updates as well. It almost seems I get prompted to update flash every time I boot up.

Yes, there have been quite a few Flash Player security updates this year:

• 2011-02-08: Flash Player 10.2.152.26
    • 2011-02-28: Flash Player 10.2.152.32
    • 2011-03-21: Flash Player 10.2.153.1
    • 2011-04-15: Flash Player 10.2.159.1
    • 2011-05-12: Flash Player 10.3.181.14

If you get FP updates more often than that, please post your FlashInstall.log file in the Flash Player forum.  Someone will be able to help you find out what's going on.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 16, 2011 5:45 AM   in reply to dsafdsfsdfds

my suspicion is it's a marketing ploy...anything that keeps "Adobe" on the front page of your thoughts is good advertising...I mean, NO ONE could have such horrible software that it needs daily mass updates - could they?

;-)

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 16, 2011 6:06 AM   in reply to dsafdsfsdfds

I guess I should be clear in stating that when Adobe does an update, I do not know if it is for reader or for flash.  I just know that they are frequent, they take a long time, they make me reboot, they make me think that adobe is of the opinion that my pc exists to carry their software which they update and change as they see fit. When using their software I have never felt that they really had me in mind as an end user yet I process documents with their software all day long since it is a common file type that I can send to customers whether it is a cad drawing or a powerpoint presentation.  The deal is that from the last 25 years of working with software there is this critical point where the software becomes so tedious and self serving that a simpler solution pops up that might not have EVERY bell or whistle available but is preferable to the mainstream choice. Think...Netscape, think Lotus 1,2,3- I believe even AOL's demise is from that angle.  MS Word aint everything but they seem to be in touch with making their software easy to use, and constantly improving the product in a way that is noticeable and saves man hours when all is said and done.  For me PDF files just get harder and harder to manipulate and use.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 16, 2011 6:08 AM   in reply to johninlongmont

Great marketing when they annoy you so bad you delete their product and use

a competitor's. Now if I could only get rid of Flash Player too, I'd be

really satisfied.

leroy

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 16, 2011 7:07 AM   in reply to niftyswell

This is exactly why I stopped using Norton AV. They just carry on business

as if we, the end user-- and our computers-- have no other options. Norton

has started running commercials on TV, coud this be an indication that

they've lost way too many customers?

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 16, 2011 6:47 PM   in reply to dsafdsfsdfds

It is so frustrating to have to wait for updates.  I've had two updates this week.  Why?  It makes me very uneasy to be using a program which needs updating all the time. Why can't Adobe get it right the first time?  And what is the update going to do for me anyway?  It just slows my computer down, then it wants to re-start when I am using the computer for other things.  Adobe!  I wish you'd get your act together, there are other options.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 16, 2011 11:02 PM   in reply to Fergophone

The recent slew of updates are intended to amend critical security vulnerabilities in Adobe Reader. Per the latest security bulletin APSB11-16 (http://www.adobe.com/support/security/bulletins/apsb11-16.html):

"Critical vulnerabilities have been identified in Adobe Reader X (10.0.1) and earlier versions for Windows, Adobe Reader X (10.0.3) and earlier versions for Macintosh, and Adobe Acrobat X (10.0.3) and earlier versions for Windows and Macintosh. These vulnerabilities could cause the application to crash and potentially allow an attacker to take control of the affected system."

You do not have to update Adobe Reader if you do not want to (indeed, it is a trivial thing to disable the Adobe Updater program). However, you then leave yourself open to attack by using an unsecure version of the Reader software.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 17, 2011 12:04 PM   in reply to dsafdsfsdfds

STOP THE ANNOYING UDATES!

IT GOT UPDATED JUST LAST WEEK!

HERE'S A THOUGHT ABOUT NOT HAVING THOSE SECURITY HOLES IN IT:

DON'T SOME SOMETHING OUT THE DOOR EVERY 2 WEEKS AND MAYBE YOU CAN TEST IT FIRST TO AVOID THE PROBLEMS!

THE SECURITY ISSUE IS A SCAM

ADOBE IS USING THE UPDATE FUNCTION AS AN ADVERTISING FUNCTION

ADOBE MARKETERS JUST CAN'T RESIST BUGGING CUSTOMERS ABOUT THEMSELVES

WHEN 99% OF PEOPLE JUST NEED SOMETHING TO READ SIMPLE PDF FILES

WE DON'T NEED ALL THESE UPDATES!!!!

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 17, 2011 12:40 PM   in reply to SLKSLKS

SLKSLKS wrote:

WHEN 99% OF PEOPLE JUST NEED SOMETHING TO READ SIMPLE PDF FILES

WE DON'T NEED ALL THESE UPDATES!!!!

Well then there are other readers you can use.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 17, 2011 6:50 PM   in reply to JustinCase.ftw

JustinCase.ftw wrote:

Because Adobe is using their Adobe Download Manager...

...as an advertisement platform.  If you've watched it download then you'll notice that they're trying to get you to also download their "partner" products. In other words, Adobe makes money when you download something from one of these other providers.  It's the same as that checkbox for the Google Toolbar on their download page.  Presumably Google pays people, say, $1 if you install the toolbar for them.

So if a million people install the Google Toolbar from their routine of downloading/upgrading an Adobe product then that's a million dollars for them.  And so the more versions they make in a year...

Someone flunked Business 101.

Adobe DOESN'T make money when you download something from one of their partners, and Google/Yahoo/McAfee/Symantec are not Adobe Partners.

In case you're brand new to the world of computing and business... Server space and bandwidth COST MONEY. With billions of people worldwide using Reader and Flash Player *because nobody else makes anything better) Adobe has tens of thousands of downloads every hour for these two alone. Since they're FREE, that server space and all that traffic are costing plenty. In exchange for allowing an optional download of some other product, Adobe gets the cost reimbursed by the vendor to maintain the servers and update the updates, as well as pay for the traffic.

I know that doesn't say anything about why there are so many updates, but Adobe isn't the Lone Ranger on this. Every Wednesday, without fail, since April of last year when I installed Windows 7, I have had to download between 4mb and 180 mb of updates. There have been nearly twice the size in updates as Windows 7 Ultimate is in a DVD-DL. Not to mention the *******' madatory restart nearly every single time. And it takes fifteen minutes to shut down as it "prepares" the updates, then another fifteen to "optimize" them on the reboot. It's a good time to go and make breakfast, read the paper, and take a shower.

I'll take a reader update that doesn't suck up an hour of my day... any day.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 18, 2011 7:56 AM   in reply to 370H55V

Okay, without realizing it you just validated several points this forum was making.  Every week without fail microsoft has updates...does not help your cause.  They are losing market share for this very reason and people are scrambling to other formats. My I-software (Apple) updates about once a month or less.  Comparing a reader and a flash player to an operating system in terms of updates is insane..it is like saying I have to service my car once a week (usally for different components out of the hundreds the OS covers) so what is the big deal if I also have to service the radio EVERY SINGLE WEEK, as well?

Meanwhile, Microsoft is facing way more competition that it has seen since 1995 in terms of OS and application choices and you would be nuts to say that does not have anything to do with their attitude they own your pc just like adobe does and push updates every other week.  Even Apple hypocritically has an issue with the way Adobe hi jacks their pc, grabbing gobs of process, memory, and priority as if Adobe was the reason you got a tablet.  Since this is an Adobe forum I will not get started on what Quicktime does...

So the defenders of these updates say they are not due to:

Advertisement potential

Lucrative partner installations

Security concerns

Poor design

So what are they due to?  If it is a money losing proposition then they should come up with a less frequent and less obtrusive way of updating it that does not involve having to opt out of partner installations and allow the downloads to take place at non peak times during the night when bandwidth is plentiful..then allow the installations to take place during idle time without impacting the end user,  Right?

The problem is the bean counters will push for these right up until they start to lose market share and then it will be too late.  I worked at a semiconductor company that put off a technology rollover in order to make more profit on the current chip because they enjoyed the lions share of business. As an engineer I stood up in front of over 400 people and told them what would happen since I was a tech transfer guy- they said since we are the leader in the business everyone would still be catching up in a year.  One year later they were out of business...sure the stupid people kept buying the chips for a while until it became clear the cool smart people knew what was better.  Adobe is going to get rolled the same way AOL was where you had to opt out of ads just to find out what the weather was going to be like for the day every time you logged on. Already, I see glimmers of 'uncoolness' settling around their 'sell out' ways.  Soon they will enjoy less share for these components and before long these will be spun off or shut down while the bean counters move on to shut down another innovation.

I will bet you money there are apps people right now telling the accountants to hold off on the flamboyant updates because they are plugged in and hear the noise, but all the accountants see are the $$ signs and the $ signs can't be wrong right?  Greedy idiots and their golden parachutes only thinking about the profits for the next dividend.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 18, 2011 9:41 AM   in reply to niftyswell

I like what Leroy-514 had to say. What do you all recommend to replace Adobe Reader?

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 18, 2011 12:57 PM   in reply to rjl-1

rjl-1 wrote:

I like what Leroy-514 had to say. What do you all recommend to replace Adobe Reader?

FoxIt PDF reader. If you're one of the few, the wise, the Mac OS X users, Preview uses PDF as its native format. You can do nearly as much with it as you can with Acrobat Pro.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 18, 2011 6:48 PM   in reply to 370H55V

I_Know_Nothing_at_all wrote:

FoxIt PDF reader.

Foxit comes bundled with spyware; not something I would recommend to anyone.  There are several alternate PDF readers available without malware.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 18, 2011 7:19 PM   in reply to Pat Willener

Never used FoxIt myself, but then I've never had problems with Reader or Acrobat, or updates.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 19, 2011 2:47 PM   in reply to SLKSLKS

Acrobat and Reader X release notes

If you have trouble opening a note, right-click the release note and save the file to your desktop.

DateRelease           
    Notes
    Release           
    Type
    Focus
    Jun 14, 201110.1QLatest release.  This is a major update that provides security fixes, feature updates,  and major enhancements such as Protected View for Acrobat.
    Apr 21, 201110.0.3OOCThis patch fixes a vulnerability and provides an updated Flash player.
    Mar 21, 201110.0.2OOCThis patch fixes a vulnerability and provides an updated Flash player.
    Feb 8 201110.0.1QNumerous security fixes as well  as improvements to Protected Mode, QTP support, Flash, and support for  SCCM via newly released SCUP catalogs.
    Nov 201010.0MajorA phased release with new  features:  Nov 15 - Acrobat EFGJ, Nov 18 - Reader EFGJ: Nov 18, Dec 12 -  Acrobat and Reader for all other languages.

Acrobat and Reader 9.x and 8.x release notes

If you have trouble opening a note, right-click the release note and save the file to your desktop.

DateRelease           
    Notes
    Release           
    Type
    Focus
    Jun 14, 20119.4.5, 8.3 (PDF)QLatest release.  Provides security  and bug fixes as well as enhancements to features  like collaboration, browser integration and support, signature and forms  workflows, etc.
    Apr 21, 20119.4.4 (PDF)OOCThis patch fixes a vulnerability and provides an updated Flash player.
    Mar 21, 20119.4.3 (PDF)OOCThis patch fixes a vulnerability,  provides an updated Flash player, and fixes some bugs which improve  printing and other features.
    Feb 8 20119.4.2, 8.2.6 (PDF)QNumerous security fixes as well  as improvements to navigator and portfolio performances, Flash, and  patching in enterprise environments.
    Nov 16 20109.4.1 (PDF)OOCSecurity patch containing several fixes, including those fixes addressed here.
    Oct 5 20109.4, 8.2.5 (PDF)QEnhancements to PDF Creation,  roaming profile workflows, and a Flash player update as well as numerous  bug fixes. Several security fixes are included as described here and here.
    Aug 19 20109.3.4,  8.2.4 (PDF)OOCSecurity patch. See the security bulletin.
    June 29 20109.3.3, 8.2.3 (PDF)QEnhancements for security  (including a zero-day fix), performance, bug fixes, improved browser  support, and Updater improvements.
    April 13 20109.3.2 (HTML)QEnhancements for security, JS trust, and more. The Acrobat/Reader Updater replaces the AUM retroactively to 9.2 and  8.1.7.
    April 13 20108.2.2 (HTML)QEnhancements for security, JS trust, and more. The Acrobat/Reader Updater replaces the AUM retroactively to 9.2 and  8.1.7.
    Feb. 16 20109.3.1 (HTML)OOCSecurity patch
    Feb. 16 20108.2.1 (HTML)OOCSecurity patch
    Jan 12 20109.3 (HTML)QImprovements to enhanced security, cross  domain access, security warnings, and more.
    Jan 12 20108.2 (HTML)QImprovements to enhanced security, cross  domain access, security warnings, and more.
    Oct. 13 20099.2 (HTML)QFixes several security  vulnerabilities and  improves prepress, preflight, PDF viewing,  redaction, collaboration, forms, 3D,  and more.
    Oct. 13 20098.1.7 (HTML)OOCAddresses several security  vulnerabilities.
    July 31 20099.1.3 (HTML)OOCFixes a security vulnerability.
    June 16 20098.1.6 (HTML)OOCUnix only. Addresses several security  vulnerabilities.
    June 9 20099.1.2 (HTML)QImproved security, browser support, and  performance.
    June 9 20098.1.6 (HTML)OOC Addresses several security  vulnerabilities.
    May 12 20098.1.5 (HTML)OOC Fixed two security  vulnerabilities.
    May 12 20099.1.1 (HTML)OOC Fixed two security  vulnerabilities.
    Mar 18 20099.1 (HTML)QImprovements in stability, forms/XFA,  portfolios, hosted services, security, and digital signatures.
    Mar. 1 20098.1.4 (HTML)OOCAddresses a buffer overflow security  vulnerability. Reader on Linux and Solaris release date is March 24.
    Nov. 4 20088.1.3 (HTML)OOCFixes security issues and provides  improvements forms, 3D, rendering, and digital signatures
    9.0Major
    June 23 20088.1.2 SUI (HTML)OOCWindows and Mac OS only:  Addresses a buffer  overflow security vulnerability. Reader on Linux and  Solaris release date was  August 17.
    Feb 7 20088.1.2 (HTML)OOCFixes security issues and provides  improvements for forms, 3D, JS, rendering, and more.
    20088.1.1 (HTML)OOCFixes security issues and provides  improvements for forms and other features. Removes Kinko's button.
    20088.1Q
    8.0Major

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 20, 2011 12:55 AM   in reply to dsafdsfsdfds

I totally agree with your complain about the update everyday ..It always takes a couple of time to have updated ...would it be ok to make the process more simply ?

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 20, 2011 7:41 AM   in reply to niftyswell

If you refer to the list above, it seems that the shortest time between any updates was at least a month (if not two). That's hardly "every day".

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 20, 2011 10:00 AM   in reply to dsafdsfsdfds

I'm sorry but I've been an Adobe reader fan for a number of years but the signs are now very bad. It seems they are calling their users liers we don't say it happens every week because we imagine it. I've been in the IT business for 25 years and this is a real problem not imaginary.

This issue alone has been going on for a year or so which means Adobe either don't take it seriously of just don't care. I think it's the latter as I've had problems with PDA versions not even being acknowledge as existing on their own site. I had to make rude remarks on the forum where people were complaining and being ignored. Only then did I get sent a link. I had by then decided not to use PDF as a format. After all if the creators of the format won't support it it must be a dead format.

I plan to disable the updater and avoid using reader as soon as I can.

I have a laptop running Windows 7 that's been complaining about an out of date flash player for a year. The update completes succcessfully just like Reader and then it says it needs updating. I guess they only care for MAC users.

Shame but I guess like Microsoft they have little time left before they become a pointless company and perhaps this is their first acknowledgement of their demise.

RIP the PDF format.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 20, 2011 10:15 AM   in reply to dsafdsfsdfds

If anyone's interested, I just got hold of a Pentium (166mHz) with Windows 95 on it, a whopping 2Gb hard drive, CD (No DVD or burning) Drive, 64Mb of PC100 SDRAM and it has Adobe Acrobat Reader 2.

Since it has a 1400 BAUD rate modem, and I have no land line phone it's impossible to update it.

$100 with13" CRT monitor.

Any Takers?

You'll never have a problem with updates... ever again.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 20, 2011 10:45 AM   in reply to ~graffiti

If you refer to the list above, it seems that the shortest time between any updates was at least a month (if not two). That's hardly "every day".

well, then that list is BS...I have frequently gotten updates on sequential days...so have many others reporting on this thread

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 20, 2011 11:12 AM   in reply to dsafdsfsdfds

well at least they are trying to keep thier product up to date and running smoothly!

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 30, 2011 7:44 PM   in reply to LUIZ DASILVA

My log, as of today, when there was a time-consuming update that didn't need a restart, includes updates on the following dates:

[2011-06-30 00:18:49] Adobe ARM 1.5.5.0 logging finished.

[2011-06-30 20:18:41] Adobe ARM 1.5.5.0 logging finished.

[2011-06-30 02:00:32] Adobe ARM 1.5.5.0 logging finished.

[2011-06-29 22:15:27] Adobe ARM 1.5.5.0 logging finished.

[2011-06-28 09:54:40] Adobe ARM 1.5.5.0 logging finished.

[2011-06-27 09:31:27] Adobe ARM 1.5.5.0 logging finished.

[2011-06-22 21:37:01] Adobe ARM 1.5.5.0 logging finished.

[2011-06-19 09:14:14] Adobe ARM 1.5.5.0 logging finished.

[2011-06-18 10:53:14] Adobe ARM 1.5.5.0 logging finished.

[2011-06-17 11:53:52] Adobe ARM 1.4.7.0 logging finished.

[2011-06-16 09:34:22] Adobe ARM 1.4.7.0 logging finished.

That's only the entries that indicated a completed update.  Not every single day, but several consecutive days in each group.

This issue occurs FAR TOO OFTEN and the problem is NOT resolved.

Adobe updates occur almost every day.  Norton Internet Security definitions updates are generally less frequent and occur in the background.

Windows Updates are usually about weekly and generally shut down the computer once or twice a month.

Who says Adobe doesn't have a problem or the problem is solved?  Adobe - LISTEN PLEASE to the numerous complaints about these all too frequent updates.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 1, 2011 8:47 AM   in reply to MartinWill2

MartinWill2 wrote:

My log, as of today, when there was a time-consuming update that didn't need a restart, includes updates on the following dates:

[2011-06-30 00:18:49] Adobe ARM 1.5.5.0 logging finished.

That isn't Adobe Reader. That is a download manager that is being updated. Yes, it manages Reader/Acrobat updates but the software itself (Reader) isn't being updated at all from what I can see.

Not that that excuses things, just pointing out that it isn't Reader.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 1, 2011 10:54 AM   in reply to ~graffiti

To clarify-

ARM is not download manager - it is Adobe Reader and Adobe Acrobat updater.

The log just shows that Updater has started, checked the availability of updates and exited.

On a side note-

Adobe spends a tremendous amount of effort and money to keep Users (of FREE product) secure.

All that User needs to do is to spend less than a minute to install the update or disable automatic updates and check for updates at will.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 3, 2011 8:12 AM   in reply to LeoAdobeX

Thanks for the correction Leo. I guess I was thinking it managed the downloads/updates specifically for Reader/Acrobat.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 5, 2011 2:56 AM   in reply to dsafdsfsdfds

Is it so hard to update your software? Updates improve your abilities to work with program, aren't they?

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 5, 2011 7:00 AM   in reply to Keliones Indija

Go ahead spend your time updating your software.  Personally, I have not seen any improvements from these updates. I have witnessed the FLASH revisions and updates render my mobile devices, linux stations, and media players obsolete for viewing simple videos because the makers of these devices want you to buy the next device while Flash wants their publishing base to upgrade, as well.  So don't tell me it is about improving the product, we all know better.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 5, 2011 8:16 AM   in reply to ~graffiti

The whole point is that Adobe Reader continues to search for and update

itself (using a popup titled "Adobe Reader Updater") almost every time I

turn on or try to use my computer, and occupies five minutes or more

doing so, some of the time requiring a restart, which costs me another

10-15 minutes to get back to where I was.  If I charged you back $15 for

my wasted time each time you did this I'd be earning tens of thousands

of dollars a year.   Yesterday's update was five minutes but didn't

require a restart.  Maybe I should keep a log and sue Adobe for every

time you interrupt my work!  That's how upsetting these updates are. 

Class action lawsuit, anyone?

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 5, 2011 8:19 AM   in reply to LeoAdobeX

How does one disable automatic updates?  Explain!

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 22, 2011 5:17 AM   in reply to dsafdsfsdfds

Yeah ,the updates are insane it is why i am here . But i installed pinnacle studios and it came with a liscenced adobe reader and it has options and you can turn off the updates . So i tried a " trial " version of adobe cs5 master suite and it too offers full options , including updates . So they want you to spend money to stop the annoyance , mental extortion . IT IS NOT ACCIDENTAL OR NEEDFULL . Crummy business model , reminds me of at*t tactics.

Bleah

Remember AOL used to "update" when you logged off,lol . spying on you . I highly suspect they are doing the same, some sort of data mining to be sure , yeah class action sounds good ,,, where do i sign up .

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 25, 2011 8:32 AM   in reply to LUIZ DASILVA

Yes.  This is point.   Thanks for the post Luiz.   

Incidentally, as I was reading this post, my Adobe Updater popped up wanting to patch my system again.

What did Steve Jobs say again when the Ipad was Flash-less?  Something like  "If only Adobe would write less buggy software."

Since there are so many complaints about Adobe patching their bugs accross the internet, and so little improvement over the years.   I suggest it is not the developers at Adobe.    I suggest it is a core leadership problem that needs to start at the CEO and their board.   They need a major shift to being customer focused and focused on the customer experience.

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 17, 2011 8:48 AM   in reply to dsafdsfsdfds

Today I was greeted with yet another update request for Adobe Reader on my work windows 7 box. This is plain nuts. I updated it 3 times already last week. And none of the updates said that they failed yet it again is asking me to update. Here is the log of the last 2 months of this madness:

[2011-09-01 10:28:54] Adobe ARM 1.5.5.0 logging started.

[2011-09-01 10:28:54] Command Line: /PRODUCT:Reader /VERSION:9.0 /MODE:2

[2011-09-01 10:28:54] ProductCode: {AC76BA86-7AD7-1033-7B44-A93000000001}

[2011-09-01 10:28:54] ProductName: Adobe Reader 9.3.4

[2011-09-01 10:28:54] ProductVersion: 9.3.4

[2011-09-01 10:28:54] ProductRegistry: SOFTWARE\Adobe\Acrobat Reader\9.0

[2011-09-01 10:28:54] ProductInstallDir: C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Reader 9.0\

[2011-09-01 10:28:54] UAC Patching is found enabled

[2011-09-01 10:28:54] Found CommandLine preference AUTO_DOWNLOAD.

[2011-09-01 10:29:02] ArmUpdate record found.

[2011-09-01 10:29:02] Newer version ARM Update is not available.

[2011-09-01 10:29:02] New file object: AdbeRdr940_en_US.msi

[2011-09-01 10:29:02] New file object: AdbeRdrUpd942_all_incr.msp

[2011-09-01 10:29:02] New file object: AdbeRdrUpd945_all_incr.msp

[2011-09-03 12:15:14] Adobe ARM 1.5.5.0 logging started.

[2011-09-03 12:15:14] Command Line:

[2011-09-03 12:15:14] ProductCode: {AC76BA86-7AD7-1033-7B44-A93000000001}

[2011-09-03 12:15:14] ProductName: Adobe Reader 9.3.4

[2011-09-03 12:15:14] ProductVersion: 9.3.4

[2011-09-03 12:15:14] ProductRegistry: SOFTWARE\Adobe\Acrobat Reader\9.0

[2011-09-03 12:15:14] ProductInstallDir: C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Reader 9.0\

[2011-09-03 12:15:14] UAC Patching is found enabled

[2011-09-03 12:15:15] Automatic preferences not provided with command line and not found in Registry - using default ARM preference AUTO_DOWNLOAD.

[2011-09-03 12:15:29] ArmUpdate record found.

[2011-09-03 12:15:29] Newer version ARM Update is not available.

[2011-09-03 12:15:29] New file object: AdbeRdr940_en_US.msi

[2011-09-03 12:15:29] New file object: AdbeRdrUpd942_all_incr.msp

[2011-09-03 12:15:29] New file object: AdbeRdrUpd945_all_incr.msp

[2011-09-03 22:42:11] ARM returns ERROR_SUCCESS

[2011-09-03 22:42:11] Adobe ARM 1.5.5.0 logging finished.

[2011-09-03 22:42:11] Adobe ARM 1.5.5.0 logging started.

[2011-09-03 22:42:11] Command Line: /ArmElevate /MODE:1 /PRODUCT:Reader /VERSION:9 /LANG:ENU

[2011-09-03 22:42:11] ProductCode: {AC76BA86-7AD7-1033-7B44-A93000000001}

[2011-09-03 22:42:11] ProductName: Adobe Reader 9.3.4

[2011-09-03 22:42:11] ProductVersion: 9.3.4

[2011-09-03 22:42:11] ProductRegistry: SOFTWARE\Adobe\Acrobat Reader\9.0

[2011-09-03 22:42:11] ProductInstallDir: C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Reader 9.0\

[2011-09-03 22:42:11] UAC Patching is found enabled

[2011-09-03 22:42:11] Automatic preferences not provided with command line and not found in Registry - using default ARM preference AUTO_DOWNLOAD.

[2011-09-03 22:42:11] Restarted, skipping InitArmUpdate.

[2011-09-03 22:42:11] New file object: AdbeRdr940_en_US.msi

[2011-09-03 22:42:11] New file object: AdbeRdrUpd942_all_incr.msp

[2011-09-03 22:42:11] New file object: AdbeRdrUpd945_all_incr.msp

[2011-09-03 22:42:12] InstallProductMsi...

[2011-09-03 22:42:12]    file - C:\ProgramData\Adobe\Reader\9.3\ARM\AdbeRdr940_en_US.msi

[2011-09-03 22:42:12]    args -

[2011-09-03 22:42:15] Installation returned ERROR_SUCCESS

[2011-09-03 22:42:15] InstallProductMsp...

[2011-09-03 22:42:15]    file - C:\ProgramData\Adobe\Reader\9.3\ARM\AdbeRdrUpd942_all_incr.msp;C:\Pro gramData\Adobe\Reader\9.3\ARM\AdbeRdrUpd945_all_incr.msp

[2011-09-03 22:42:15]    args -

[2011-09-03 22:42:34] Installation returned ERROR_SUCCESS

[2011-09-03 22:42:36] ProductCode: {AC76BA86-7AD7-1033-7B44-A93000000001}

[2011-09-03 22:42:36] ProductName: Adobe Reader 9.3.4

[2011-09-03 22:42:36] ProductVersion: 9.3.4

[2011-09-03 22:42:36] ProductRegistry: SOFTWARE\Adobe\Acrobat Reader\9.0

[2011-09-03 22:42:36] ProductInstallDir: C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Reader 9.0\

[2011-09-03 22:42:36] UAC Patching is found enabled

[2011-09-03 22:42:36] ProductCode: {AC76BA86-7AD7-1033-7B44-A93000000001}

[2011-09-03 22:42:36] ProductName: Adobe Reader 9.3.4

[2011-09-03 22:42:36] ProductVersion: 9.3.4

[2011-09-03 22:42:36] ProductRegistry: SOFTWARE\Adobe\Acrobat Reader\9.0

[2011-09-03 22:42:36] ProductInstallDir: C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Reader 9.0\

[2011-09-03 22:42:36] UAC Patching is found enabled

[2011-09-03 22:54:17] User exited to finish

[2011-09-03 22:54:17] ARM returns ERROR_SUCCESS

[2011-09-03 22:54:17] Adobe ARM 1.5.5.0 logging finished.

[2011-09-06 17:36:03] Adobe ARM 1.5.5.0 logging started.

[2011-09-06 17:36:03] Command Line:

[2011-09-06 17:36:04] ProductCode: {AC76BA86-7AD7-1033-7B44-A93000000001}

[2011-09-06 17:36:04] ProductName: Adobe Reader 9.3.4

[2011-09-06 17:36:04] ProductVersion: 9.3.4

[2011-09-06 17:36:04] ProductRegistry: SOFTWARE\Adobe\Acrobat Reader\9.0

[2011-09-06 17:36:04] ProductInstallDir: C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Reader 9.0\

[2011-09-06 17:36:04] UAC Patching is found enabled

[2011-09-06 17:36:05] Automatic preferences not provided with command line and not found in Registry - using default ARM preference AUTO_DOWNLOAD.

[2011-09-06 17:36:07] Time elapsed is less than time limit - returning 0

[2011-09-06 17:36:07]    Error Code: 1203

[2011-09-06 17:36:07] ARM returns ERROR_SUCCESS

[2011-09-06 17:36:07] Adobe ARM 1.5.5.0 logging finished.

[2011-09-12 09:41:16] Adobe ARM 1.5.5.0 logging started.

[2011-09-12 09:41:16] Command Line: /PRODUCT:Reader /VERSION:9.0 /MODE:2

[2011-09-12 09:41:16] ProductCode: {AC76BA86-7AD7-1033-7B44-A93000000001}

[2011-09-12 09:41:16] ProductName: Adobe Reader 9.3.4

[2011-09-12 09:41:16] ProductVersion: 9.3.4

[2011-09-12 09:41:16] ProductRegistry: SOFTWARE\Adobe\Acrobat Reader\9.0

[2011-09-12 09:41:16] ProductInstallDir: C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Reader 9.0\

[2011-09-12 09:41:16] UAC Patching is found enabled

[2011-09-12 09:41:16] Found CommandLine preference AUTO_DOWNLOAD.

[2011-09-12 09:41:23] ArmUpdate record found.

[2011-09-12 09:41:23] Newer version ARM Update is not available.

[2011-09-12 09:41:23] New file object: AdbeRdr940_en_US.msi

[2011-09-12 09:41:23] New file object: AdbeRdrUpd942_all_incr.msp

[2011-09-12 09:41:23] New file object: AdbeRdrUpd945_all_incr.msp

[2011-09-13 15:18:48] ARM returns ERROR_SUCCESS

[2011-09-13 15:18:48] Adobe ARM 1.5.5.0 logging finished.

[2011-09-13 15:18:48] Adobe ARM 1.5.5.0 logging started.

[2011-09-13 15:18:48] Command Line: /ArmElevate /MODE:1 /PRODUCT:Reader /VERSION:9 /LANG:ENU

[2011-09-13 15:18:48] ProductCode: {AC76BA86-7AD7-1033-7B44-A93000000001}

[2011-09-13 15:18:48] ProductName: Adobe Reader 9.3.4

[2011-09-13 15:18:48] ProductVersion: 9.3.4

[2011-09-13 15:18:48] ProductRegistry: SOFTWARE\Adobe\Acrobat Reader\9.0

[2011-09-13 15:18:48] ProductInstallDir: C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Reader 9.0\

[2011-09-13 15:18:48] UAC Patching is found enabled

[2011-09-13 15:18:48] Automatic preferences not provided with command line and not found in Registry - using default ARM preference AUTO_DOWNLOAD.

[2011-09-13 15:18:48] Restarted, skipping InitArmUpdate.

[2011-09-13 15:18:48] New file object: AdbeRdr940_en_US.msi

[2011-09-13 15:18:48] New file object: AdbeRdrUpd942_all_incr.msp

[2011-09-13 15:18:48] New file object: AdbeRdrUpd945_all_incr.msp

[2011-09-13 15:18:50] InstallProductMsi...

[2011-09-13 15:18:50]    file - C:\ProgramData\Adobe\Reader\9.3\ARM\AdbeRdr940_en_US.msi

[2011-09-13 15:18:50]    args -

[2011-09-13 15:18:53] Installation returned ERROR_SUCCESS

[2011-09-13 15:18:53] InstallProductMsp...

[2011-09-13 15:18:53]    file - C:\ProgramData\Adobe\Reader\9.3\ARM\AdbeRdrUpd942_all_incr.msp;C:\Pro gramData\Adobe\Reader\9.3\ARM\AdbeRdrUpd945_all_incr.msp

[2011-09-13 15:18:53]    args -

[2011-09-13 15:19:40] Installation returned ERROR_SUCCESS

[2011-09-13 15:19:43] ProductCode: {AC76BA86-7AD7-1033-7B44-A93000000001}

[2011-09-13 15:19:43] ProductName: Adobe Reader 9.3.4

[2011-09-13 15:19:43] ProductVersion: 9.3.4

[2011-09-13 15:19:43] ProductRegistry: SOFTWARE\Adobe\Acrobat Reader\9.0

[2011-09-13 15:19:43] ProductInstallDir: C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Reader 9.0\

[2011-09-13 15:19:43] UAC Patching is found enabled

[2011-09-13 15:19:43] ProductCode: {AC76BA86-7AD7-1033-7B44-A93000000001}

[2011-09-13 15:19:43] ProductName: Adobe Reader 9.3.4

[2011-09-13 15:19:43] ProductVersion: 9.3.4

[2011-09-13 15:19:43] ProductRegistry: SOFTWARE\Adobe\Acrobat Reader\9.0

[2011-09-13 15:19:43] ProductInstallDir: C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Reader 9.0\

[2011-09-13 15:19:43] UAC Patching is found enabled

[2011-09-13 15:22:31] User exited to finish

[2011-09-13 15:22:32] ARM returns ERROR_SUCCESS

[2011-09-13 15:22:32] Adobe ARM 1.5.5.0 logging finished.

[2011-09-15 10:23:24] Adobe ARM 1.5.5.0 logging started.

[2011-09-15 10:23:24] Command Line:

[2011-09-15 10:23:24] ProductCode: {AC76BA86-7AD7-1033-7B44-A93000000001}

[2011-09-15 10:23:24] ProductName: Adobe Reader 9.3.4

[2011-09-15 10:23:24] ProductVersion: 9.3.4

[2011-09-15 10:23:24] ProductRegistry: SOFTWARE\Adobe\Acrobat Reader\9.0

[2011-09-15 10:23:24] ProductInstallDir: C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Reader 9.0\

[2011-09-15 10:23:24] UAC Patching is found enabled

[2011-09-15 10:23:24] Automatic preferences not provided with command line and not found in Registry - using default ARM preference AUTO_DOWNLOAD.

[2011-09-15 10:23:27] Time elapsed is less than time limit - returning 0

[2011-09-15 10:23:27]    Error Code: 1203

[2011-09-15 10:23:27] ARM returns ERROR_SUCCESS

[2011-09-15 10:23:27] Adobe ARM 1.5.5.0 logging finished.

[2011-09-16 14:19:05] Adobe ARM 1.5.5.0 logging started.

[2011-09-16 14:19:05] Command Line:

[2011-09-16 14:19:05] ProductCode: {AC76BA86-7AD7-1033-7B44-A93000000001}

[2011-09-16 14:19:05] ProductName: Adobe Reader 9.3.4

[2011-09-16 14:19:05] ProductVersion: 9.3.4

[2011-09-16 14:19:05] ProductRegistry: SOFTWARE\Adobe\Acrobat Reader\9.0

[2011-09-16 14:19:05] ProductInstallDir: C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Reader 9.0\

[2011-09-16 14:19:05] UAC Patching is found enabled

[2011-09-16 14:19:05] Automatic preferences not provided with command line and not found in Registry - using default ARM preference AUTO_DOWNLOAD.

[2011-09-16 14:19:07] Time elapsed is less than time limit - returning 0

[2011-09-16 14:19:07]    Error Code: 1203

[2011-09-16 14:19:07] ARM returns ERROR_SUCCESS

[2011-09-16 14:19:07] Adobe ARM 1.5.5.0 logging finished.

[2011-09-16 15:07:07] Adobe ARM 1.5.5.0 logging started.

[2011-09-16 15:07:07] Command Line: /PRODUCT:Reader /VERSION:9.0 /MODE:2

[2011-09-16 15:07:07] ProductCode: {AC76BA86-7AD7-1033-7B44-A93000000001}

[2011-09-16 15:07:07] ProductName: Adobe Reader 9.3.4

[2011-09-16 15:07:07] ProductVersion: 9.3.4

[2011-09-16 15:07:07] ProductRegistry: SOFTWARE\Adobe\Acrobat Reader\9.0

[2011-09-16 15:07:07] ProductInstallDir: C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Reader 9.0\

[2011-09-16 15:07:07] UAC Patching is found enabled

[2011-09-16 15:07:07] Found CommandLine preference AUTO_DOWNLOAD.

[2011-09-16 15:07:07] Time elapsed is less than time limit - returning 0

[2011-09-16 15:07:07]    Error Code: 1203

[2011-09-16 15:07:07] ARM returns ERROR_SUCCESS

[2011-09-16 15:07:07] Adobe ARM 1.5.5.0 logging finished.

[2011-09-16 16:45:00] Adobe ARM 1.5.5.0 logging started.

[2011-09-16 16:45:00] Command Line: /PRODUCT:Reader /VERSION:9.0 /MODE:2

[2011-09-16 16:45:00] ProductCode: {AC76BA86-7AD7-1033-7B44-A93000000001}

[2011-09-16 16:45:00] ProductName: Adobe Reader 9.3.4

[2011-09-16 16:45:00] ProductVersion: 9.3.4

[2011-09-16 16:45:00] ProductRegistry: SOFTWARE\Adobe\Acrobat Reader\9.0

[2011-09-16 16:45:00] ProductInstallDir: C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Reader 9.0\

[2011-09-16 16:45:00] UAC Patching is found enabled

[2011-09-16 16:45:00] Found CommandLine preference AUTO_DOWNLOAD.

[2011-09-16 16:45:15] ArmUpdate record found.

[2011-09-16 16:45:15] Newer version ARM Update is not available.

[2011-09-16 16:45:15] New file object: AdbeRdr940_en_US.msi

[2011-09-16 16:45:15] New file object: AdbeRdrUpd942_all_incr.msp

[2011-09-16 16:45:15] New file object: AdbeRdrUpd945_all_incr.msp

[2011-09-16 16:45:15] New file object: AdbeRdrUpd946_all_incr.msp

[2011-09-16 17:28:18] Adobe ARM 1.5.5.0 logging started.

[2011-09-16 17:28:19] Command Line:

[2011-09-16 17:28:19] ProductCode: {AC76BA86-7AD7-1033-7B44-A93000000001}

[2011-09-16 17:28:19] ProductName: Adobe Reader 9.3.4

[2011-09-16 17:28:19] ProductVersion: 9.3.4

[2011-09-16 17:28:19] ProductRegistry: SOFTWARE\Adobe\Acrobat Reader\9.0

[2011-09-16 17:28:19] ProductInstallDir: C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Reader 9.0\

[2011-09-16 17:28:19] UAC Patching is found enabled

[2011-09-16 17:28:19] Automatic preferences not provided with command line and not found in Registry - using default ARM preference AUTO_DOWNLOAD.

[2011-09-16 17:28:32] ArmUpdate record found.

[2011-09-16 17:28:32] Newer version ARM Update is not available.

[2011-09-16 17:28:32] New file object: AdbeRdr940_en_US.msi

[2011-09-16 17:28:32] New file object: AdbeRdrUpd942_all_incr.msp

[2011-09-16 17:28:32] New file object: AdbeRdrUpd945_all_incr.msp

[2011-09-16 17:28:32] New file object: AdbeRdrUpd946_all_incr.msp

[2011-09-19 15:28:50] ARM returns ERROR_SUCCESS

[2011-09-19 15:28:50] Adobe ARM 1.5.5.0 logging finished.

[2011-09-19 15:28:50] Adobe ARM 1.5.5.0 logging started.

[2011-09-19 15:28:50] Command Line: /ArmElevate /MODE:1 /PRODUCT:Reader /VERSION:9 /LANG:ENU

[2011-09-19 15:28:50] ProductCode: {AC76BA86-7AD7-1033-7B44-A93000000001}

[2011-09-19 15:28:50] ProductName: Adobe Reader 9.3.4

[2011-09-19 15:28:50] ProductVersion: 9.3.4

[2011-09-19 15:28:50] ProductRegistry: SOFTWARE\Adobe\Acrobat Reader\9.0

[2011-09-19 15:28:50] ProductInstallDir: C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Reader 9.0\

[2011-09-19 15:28:50] UAC Patching is found enabled

[2011-09-19 15:28:50] Automatic preferences not provided with command line and not found in Registry - using default ARM preference AUTO_DOWNLOAD.

[2011-09-19 15:28:51] Restarted, skipping InitArmUpdate.

[2011-09-19 15:28:51] New file object: AdbeRdr940_en_US.msi

[2011-09-19 15:28:51] New file object: AdbeRdrUpd942_all_incr.msp

[2011-09-19 15:28:51] New file object: AdbeRdrUpd945_all_incr.msp

[2011-09-19 15:28:51] New file object: AdbeRdrUpd946_all_incr.msp

[2011-09-19 15:28:53] InstallProductMsi...

[2011-09-19 15:28:53]    file - C:\ProgramData\Adobe\Reader\9.3\ARM\AdbeRdr940_en_US.msi

[2011-09-19 15:28:53]    args -

[2011-09-19 15:28:59] Installation returned ERROR_SUCCESS

[2011-09-19 15:28:59] InstallProductMsp...

[2011-09-19 15:28:59]    file - C:\ProgramData\Adobe\Reader\9.3\ARM\AdbeRdrUpd942_all_incr.msp;C:\Pro gramData\Adobe\Reader\9.3\ARM\AdbeRdrUpd945_all_incr.msp;C:\ProgramDat a\Adobe\Reader\9.3\ARM\AdbeRdrUpd946_all_incr.msp

[2011-09-19 15:28:59]    args -

[2011-09-19 15:29:33] Installation returned ERROR_SUCCESS

[2011-09-19 15:29:35] ProductCode: {AC76BA86-7AD7-1033-7B44-A93000000001}

[2011-09-19 15:29:35] ProductName: Adobe Reader 9.3.4

[2011-09-19 15:29:35] ProductVersion: 9.3.4

[2011-09-19 15:29:35] ProductRegistry: SOFTWARE\Adobe\Acrobat Reader\9.0

[2011-09-19 15:29:35] ProductInstallDir: C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Reader 9.0\

[2011-09-19 15:29:35] UAC Patching is found enabled

[2011-09-19 15:29:35] ProductCode: {AC76BA86-7AD7-1033-7B44-A93000000001}

[2011-09-19 15:29:35] ProductName: Adobe Reader 9.3.4

[2011-09-19 15:29:35] ProductVersion: 9.3.4

[2011-09-19 15:29:35] ProductRegistry: SOFTWARE\Adobe\Acrobat Reader\9.0

[2011-09-19 15:29:35] ProductInstallDir: C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Reader 9.0\

[2011-09-19 15:29:35] UAC Patching is found enabled

[2011-09-19 15:30:30] User exited to finish

[2011-09-19 15:30:31] ARM returns ERROR_SUCCESS

[2011-09-19 15:30:31] Adobe ARM 1.5.5.0 logging finished.

[2011-09-22 18:20:38] Adobe ARM 1.5.5.0 logging started.

[2011-09-22 18:20:38] Command Line: /PRODUCT:Reader /VERSION:9.0 /MODE:2

[2011-09-22 18:20:38] ProductCode: {AC76BA86-7AD7-1033-7B44-A93000000001}

[2011-09-22 18:20:38] ProductName: Adobe Reader 9.3.4

[2011-09-22 18:20:38] ProductVersion: 9.3.4

[2011-09-22 18:20:38] ProductRegistry: SOFTWARE\Adobe\Acrobat Reader\9.0

[2011-09-22 18:20:38] ProductInstallDir: C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Reader 9.0\

[2011-09-22 18:20:38] UAC Patching is found enabled

[2011-09-22 18:20:38] Found CommandLine preference AUTO_DOWNLOAD.

[2011-09-22 18:20:48] ArmUpdate record found.

[2011-09-22 18:20:48] Newer version ARM Update is not available.

[2011-09-22 18:20:48] New file object: AdbeRdr940_en_US.msi

[2011-09-22 18:20:48] New file object: AdbeRdrUpd942_all_incr.msp

[2011-09-22 18:20:48] New file object: AdbeRdrUpd945_all_incr.msp

[2011-09-22 18:20:48] New file object: AdbeRdrUpd946_all_incr.msp

[2011-09-24 23:58:05] ARM returns ERROR_SUCCESS

[2011-09-24 23:58:05] Adobe ARM 1.5.5.0 logging finished.

[2011-09-24 23:58:05] Adobe ARM 1.5.5.0 logging started.

[2011-09-24 23:58:05] Command Line: /ArmElevate /MODE:1 /PRODUCT:Reader /VERSION:9 /LANG:ENU

[2011-09-24 23:58:05] ProductCode: {AC76BA86-7AD7-1033-7B44-A93000000001}

[2011-09-24 23:58:05] ProductName: Adobe Reader 9.3.4

[2011-09-24 23:58:05] ProductVersion: 9.3.4

[2011-09-24 23:58:05] ProductRegistry: SOFTWARE\Adobe\Acrobat Reader\9.0

[2011-09-24 23:58:05] ProductInstallDir: C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Reader 9.0\

[2011-09-24 23:58:05] UAC Patching is found enabled

[2011-09-24 23:58:05] Automatic preferences not provided with command line and not found in Registry - using default ARM preference AUTO_DOWNLOAD.

[2011-09-24 23:58:05] Restarted, skipping InitArmUpdate.

[2011-09-24 23:58:05] New file object: AdbeRdr940_en_US.msi

[2011-09-24 23:58:05] New file object: AdbeRdrUpd942_all_incr.msp

[2011-09-24 23:58:05] New file object: AdbeRdrUpd945_all_incr.msp

[2011-09-24 23:58:05] New file object: AdbeRdrUpd946_all_incr.msp

[2011-09-24 23:58:07] InstallProductMsi...

[2011-09-24 23:58:07]    file - C:\ProgramData\Adobe\Reader\9.3\ARM\AdbeRdr940_en_US.msi

[2011-09-24 23:58:07]    args -

[2011-09-24 23:58:12] Installation returned ERROR_SUCCESS

[2011-09-24 23:58:12] InstallProductMsp...

[2011-09-24 23:58:12]    file - C:\ProgramData\Adobe\Reader\9.3\ARM\AdbeRdrUpd942_all_incr.msp;C:\Pro gramData\Adobe\Reader\9.3\ARM\AdbeRdrUpd945_all_incr.msp;C:\ProgramDat a\Adobe\Reader\9.3\ARM\AdbeRdrUpd946_all_incr.msp

[2011-09-24 23:58:12]    args -

[2011-09-24 23:58:34] Installation returned ERROR_SUCCESS

[2011-09-24 23:58:34] ProductCode: {AC76BA86-7AD7-1033-7B44-A93000000001}

[2011-09-24 23:58:34] ProductName: Adobe Reader 9.3.4

[2011-09-24 23:58:34] ProductVersion: 9.3.4

[2011-09-24 23:58:34] ProductRegistry: SOFTWARE\Adobe\Acrobat Reader\9.0

[2011-09-24 23:58:34] ProductInstallDir: C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Reader 9.0\

[2011-09-24 23:58:34] UAC Patching is found enabled

[2011-09-24 23:58:34] ProductCode: {AC76BA86-7AD7-1033-7B44-A93000000001}

[2011-09-24 23:58:34] ProductName: Adobe Reader 9.3.4

[2011-09-24 23:58:34] ProductVersion: 9.3.4

[2011-09-24 23:58:34] ProductRegistry: SOFTWARE\Adobe\Acrobat Reader\9.0

[2011-09-24 23:58:34] ProductInstallDir: C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Reader 9.0\

[2011-09-24 23:58:34] UAC Patching is found enabled

[2011-09-25 00:03:13] User exited to finish

[2011-09-25 00:03:13] ARM returns ERROR_SUCCESS

[2011-09-25 00:03:13] Adobe ARM 1.5.5.0 logging finished.

[2011-09-27 18:18:39] Adobe ARM 1.5.5.0 logging started.

[2011-09-27 18:18:40] Command Line:

[2011-09-27 18:18:40] ProductCode: {AC76BA86-7AD7-1033-7B44-A93000000001}

[2011-09-27 18:18:40] ProductName: Adobe Reader 9.3.4

[2011-09-27 18:18:40] ProductVersion: 9.3.4

[2011-09-27 18:18:40] ProductRegistry: SOFTWARE\Adobe\Acrobat Reader\9.0

[2011-09-27 18:18:40] ProductInstallDir: C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Reader 9.0\

[2011-09-27 18:18:40] UAC Patching is found enabled

[2011-09-27 18:18:40] Automatic preferences not provided with command line and not found in Registry - using default ARM preference AUTO_DOWNLOAD.

[2011-09-27 18:18:42] Time elapsed is less than time limit - returning 0

[2011-09-27 18:18:42]    Error Code: 1203

[2011-09-27 18:18:42] ARM returns ERROR_SUCCESS

[2011-09-27 18:18:42] Adobe ARM 1.5.5.0 logging finished.

[2011-10-03 10:59:25] Adobe ARM 1.5.5.0 logging started.

[2011-10-03 10:59:25] Command Line: /PRODUCT:Reader /VERSION:9.0 /MODE:2

[2011-10-03 10:59:25] ProductCode: {AC76BA86-7AD7-1033-7B44-A93000000001}

[2011-10-03 10:59:25] ProductName: Adobe Reader 9.3.4

[2011-10-03 10:59:25] ProductVersion: 9.3.4

[2011-10-03 10:59:25] ProductRegistry: SOFTWARE\Adobe\Acrobat Reader\9.0

[2011-10-03 10:59:25] ProductInstallDir: C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Reader 9.0\

[2011-10-03 10:59:25] UAC Patching is found enabled

[2011-10-03 10:59:25] Found CommandLine preference AUTO_DOWNLOAD.

[2011-10-03 10:59:38] ArmUpdate record found.

[2011-10-03 10:59:38] Newer version ARM Update is not available.

[2011-10-03 10:59:38] New file object: AdbeRdr940_en_US.msi

[2011-10-03 10:59:38] New file object: AdbeRdrUpd942_all_incr.msp

[2011-10-03 10:59:38] New file object: AdbeRdrUpd945_all_incr.msp

[2011-10-03 10:59:38] New file object: AdbeRdrUpd946_all_incr.msp

[2011-10-05 17:22:16] ARM returns ERROR_SUCCESS

[2011-10-05 17:22:16] Adobe ARM 1.5.5.0 logging finished.

[2011-10-05 17:22:17] Adobe ARM 1.5.5.0 logging started.

[2011-10-05 17:22:17] Command Line: /ArmElevate /MODE:1 /PRODUCT:Reader /VERSION:9 /LANG:ENU

[2011-10-05 17:22:17] ProductCode: {AC76BA86-7AD7-1033-7B44-A93000000001}

[2011-10-05 17:22:17] ProductName: Adobe Reader 9.3.4

[2011-10-05 17:22:17] ProductVersion: 9.3.4

[2011-10-05 17:22:17] ProductRegistry: SOFTWARE\Adobe\Acrobat Reader\9.0

[2011-10-05 17:22:17] ProductInstallDir: C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Reader 9.0\

[2011-10-05 17:22:17] UAC Patching is found enabled

[2011-10-05 17:22:17] Automatic preferences not provided with command line and not found in Registry - using default ARM preference AUTO_DOWNLOAD.

[2011-10-05 17:22:17] Restarted, skipping InitArmUpdate.

[2011-10-05 17:22:17] New file object: AdbeRdr940_en_US.msi

[2011-10-05 17:22:17] New file object: AdbeRdrUpd942_all_incr.msp

[2011-10-05 17:22:17] New file object: AdbeRdrUpd945_all_incr.msp

[2011-10-05 17:22:17] New file object: AdbeRdrUpd946_all_incr.msp

[2011-10-05 17:22:19] InstallProductMsi...

[2011-10-05 17:22:19]    file - C:\ProgramData\Adobe\Reader\9.3\ARM\AdbeRdr940_en_US.msi

[2011-10-05 17:22:19]    args -

[2011-10-05 17:22:28] Installation returned ERROR_SUCCESS

[2011-10-05 17:22:28] InstallProductMsp...

[2011-10-05 17:22:28]    file - C:\ProgramData\Adobe\Reader\9.3\ARM\AdbeRdrUpd942_all_incr.msp;C:\Pro gramData\Adobe\Reader\9.3\ARM\AdbeRdrUpd945_all_incr.msp;C:\ProgramDat a\Adobe\Reader\9.3\ARM\AdbeRdrUpd946_all_incr.msp

[2011-10-05 17:22:28]    args -

[2011-10-05 17:22:58] Installation returned ERROR_SUCCESS

[2011-10-05 17:22:58] ProductCode: {AC76BA86-7AD7-1033-7B44-A93000000001}

[2011-10-05 17:22:58] ProductName: Adobe Reader 9.3.4

[2011-10-05 17:22:58] ProductVersion: 9.3.4

[2011-10-05 17:22:58] ProductRegistry: SOFTWARE\Adobe\Acrobat Reader\9.0

[2011-10-05 17:22:58] ProductInstallDir: C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Reader 9.0\

[2011-10-05 17:22:58] UAC Patching is found enabled

[2011-10-05 17:22:58] ProductCode: {AC76BA86-7AD7-1033-7B44-A93000000001}

[2011-10-05 17:22:58] ProductName: Adobe Reader 9.3.4

[2011-10-05 17:22:58] ProductVersion: 9.3.4

[2011-10-05 17:22:58] ProductRegistry: SOFTWARE\Adobe\Acrobat Reader\9.0

[2011-10-05 17:22:58] ProductInstallDir: C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Reader 9.0\

[2011-10-05 17:22:58] UAC Patching is found enabled

[2011-10-05 17:24:08] User exited to finish

[2011-10-05 17:24:09] ARM returns ERROR_SUCCESS

[2011-10-05 17:24:09] Adobe ARM 1.5.5.0 logging finished.

[2011-10-05 17:24:34] Adobe ARM 1.5.5.0 logging started.

[2011-10-05 17:24:34] Command Line: /PRODUCT:Reader /VERSION:9.0 /MODE:2

[2011-10-05 17:24:34] ProductCode: {AC76BA86-7AD7-1033-7B44-A93000000001}

[2011-10-05 17:24:34] ProductName: Adobe Reader 9.3.4

[2011-10-05 17:24:34] ProductVersion: 9.3.4

[2011-10-05 17:24:34] ProductRegistry: SOFTWARE\Adobe\Acrobat Reader\9.0

[2011-10-05 17:24:34] ProductInstallDir: C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Reader 9.0\

[2011-10-05 17:24:34] UAC Patching is found enabled

[2011-10-05 17:24:34] Found CommandLine preference AUTO_DOWNLOAD.

[2011-10-05 17:24:34] Time elapsed is less than time limit - returning 0

[2011-10-05 17:24:34]    Error Code: 1203

[2011-10-05 17:24:34] ARM returns ERROR_SUCCESS

[2011-10-05 17:24:34] Adobe ARM 1.5.5.0 logging finished.

[2011-10-05 17:27:36] Adobe ARM 1.5.5.0 logging started.

[2011-10-05 17:27:36] Command Line: /PRODUCT:Reader /VERSION:9.0 /MODE:2

[2011-10-05 17:27:36] ProductCode: {AC76BA86-7AD7-1033-7B44-A93000000001}

[2011-10-05 17:27:36] ProductName: Adobe Reader 9.3.4

[2011-10-05 17:27:36] ProductVersion: 9.3.4

[2011-10-05 17:27:36] ProductRegistry: SOFTWARE\Adobe\Acrobat Reader\9.0

[2011-10-05 17:27:36] ProductInstallDir: C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Reader 9.0\

[2011-10-05 17:27:36] UAC Patching is found enabled

[2011-10-05 17:27:36] Found CommandLine preference AUTO_DOWNLOAD.

[2011-10-05 17:27:36] Time elapsed is less than time limit - returning 0

[2011-10-05 17:27:36]    Error Code: 1203

[2011-10-05 17:27:37] ARM returns ERROR_SUCCESS

[2011-10-05 17:27:37] Adobe ARM 1.5.5.0 logging finished.

[2011-10-11 12:43:38] Adobe ARM 1.5.5.0 logging started.

[2011-10-11 12:43:38] Command Line: /PRODUCT:Reader /VERSION:9.0 /MODE:2

[2011-10-11 12:43:38] ProductCode: {AC76BA86-7AD7-1033-7B44-A93000000001}

[2011-10-11 12:43:38] ProductName: Adobe Reader 9.3.4

[2011-10-11 12:43:38] ProductVersion: 9.3.4

[2011-10-11 12:43:38] ProductRegistry: SOFTWARE\Adobe\Acrobat Reader\9.0

[2011-10-11 12:43:38] ProductInstallDir: C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Reader 9.0\

[2011-10-11 12:43:38] UAC Patching is found enabled

[2011-10-11 12:43:38] Found CommandLine preference AUTO_DOWNLOAD.

[2011-10-11 12:43:48] ArmUpdate record found.

[2011-10-11 12:43:48] Newer version ARM Update is not available.

[2011-10-11 12:43:48] New file object: AdbeRdr940_en_US.msi

[2011-10-11 12:43:48] New file object: AdbeRdrUpd942_all_incr.msp

[2011-10-11 12:43:48] New file object: AdbeRdrUpd945_all_incr.msp

[2011-10-11 12:43:48] New file object: AdbeRdrUpd946_all_incr.msp

[2011-10-11 15:12:42] ARM returns ERROR_SUCCESS

[2011-10-11 15:12:42] Adobe ARM 1.5.5.0 logging finished.

[2011-10-11 15:12:42] Adobe ARM 1.5.5.0 logging started.

[2011-10-11 15:12:42] Command Line: /ArmElevate /MODE:1 /PRODUCT:Reader /VERSION:9 /LANG:ENU

[2011-10-11 15:12:42] ProductCode: {AC76BA86-7AD7-1033-7B44-A93000000001}

[2011-10-11 15:12:42] ProductName: Adobe Reader 9.3.4

[2011-10-11 15:12:42] ProductVersion: 9.3.4

[2011-10-11 15:12:42] ProductRegistry: SOFTWARE\Adobe\Acrobat Reader\9.0

[2011-10-11 15:12:42] ProductInstallDir: C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Reader 9.0\

[2011-10-11 15:12:42] UAC Patching is found enabled

[2011-10-11 15:12:42] Automatic preferences not provided with command line and not found in Registry - using default ARM preference AUTO_DOWNLOAD.

[2011-10-11 15:12:43] Restarted, skipping InitArmUpdate.

[2011-10-11 15:12:43] New file object: AdbeRdr940_en_US.msi

[2011-10-11 15:12:43] New file object: AdbeRdrUpd942_all_incr.msp

[2011-10-11 15:12:43] New file object: AdbeRdrUpd945_all_incr.msp

[2011-10-11 15:12:43] New file object: AdbeRdrUpd946_all_incr.msp

[2011-10-11 15:12:44] InstallProductMsi...

[2011-10-11 15:12:44]    file - C:\ProgramData\Adobe\Reader\9.3\ARM\AdbeRdr940_en_US.msi

[2011-10-11 15:12:44]    args -

[2011-10-11 15:12:50] Installation returned ERROR_SUCCESS

[2011-10-11 15:12:50] InstallProductMsp...

[2011-10-11 15:12:50]    file - C:\ProgramData\Adobe\Reader\9.3\ARM\AdbeRdrUpd942_all_incr.msp;C:\Pro gramData\Adobe\Reader\9.3\ARM\AdbeRdrUpd945_all_incr.msp;C:\ProgramDat a\Adobe\Reader\9.3\ARM\AdbeRdrUpd946_all_incr.msp

[2011-10-11 15:12:50]    args -

[2011-10-11 15:13:14] Installation returned ERROR_SUCCESS

[2011-10-11 15:13:14] ProductCode: {AC76BA86-7AD7-1033-7B44-A93000000001}

[2011-10-11 15:13:14] ProductName: Adobe Reader 9.3.4

[2011-10-11 15:13:14] ProductVersion: 9.3.4

[2011-10-11 15:13:14] ProductRegistry: SOFTWARE\Adobe\Acrobat Reader\9.0

[2011-10-11 15:13:14] ProductInstallDir: C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Reader 9.0\

[2011-10-11 15:13:14] UAC Patching is found enabled

[2011-10-11 15:13:14] ProductCode: {AC76BA86-7AD7-1033-7B44-A93000000001}

[2011-10-11 15:13:14] ProductName: Adobe Reader 9.3.4

[2011-10-11 15:13:14] ProductVersion: 9.3.4

[2011-10-11 15:13:14] ProductRegistry: SOFTWARE\Adobe\Acrobat Reader\9.0

[2011-10-11 15:13:14] ProductInstallDir: C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Reader 9.0\

[2011-10-11 15:13:14] UAC Patching is found enabled

[2011-10-11 15:13:32] User exited to finish

[2011-10-11 15:13:32] ARM returns ERROR_SUCCESS

[2011-10-11 15:13:32] Adobe ARM 1.5.5.0 logging finished.

[2011-10-11 15:29:02] Adobe ARM 1.5.5.0 logging started.

[2011-10-11 15:29:02] Command Line:

[2011-10-11 15:29:02] ProductCode: {AC76BA86-7AD7-1033-7B44-A93000000001}

[2011-10-11 15:29:02] ProductName: Adobe Reader 9.3.4

[2011-10-11 15:29:02] ProductVersion: 9.3.4

[2011-10-11 15:29:02] ProductRegistry: SOFTWARE\Adobe\Acrobat Reader\9.0

[2011-10-11 15:29:02] ProductInstallDir: C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Reader 9.0\

[2011-10-11 15:29:02] UAC Patching is found enabled

[2011-10-11 15:29:02] Automatic preferences not provided with command line and not found in Registry - using default ARM preference AUTO_DOWNLOAD.

[2011-10-11 15:29:02] Decryption failed.

[2011-10-11 15:29:02] Last check for updates is registered but not valid

[2011-10-11 15:29:20] ArmUpdate record found.

[2011-10-11 15:29:20] Newer version ARM Update is not available.

[2011-10-11 15:29:20] New file object: AdbeRdr940_en_US.msi

[2011-10-11 15:29:20] New file object: AdbeRdrUpd942_all_incr.msp

[2011-10-11 15:29:20] New file object: AdbeRdrUpd945_all_incr.msp

[2011-10-11 15:29:20] New file object: AdbeRdrUpd946_all_incr.msp

[2011-10-14 14:29:25] Adobe ARM 1.5.5.0 logging started.

[2011-10-14 14:29:25] Command Line:

[2011-10-14 14:29:25] ProductCode: {AC76BA86-7AD7-1033-7B44-A93000000001}

[2011-10-14 14:29:25] ProductName: Adobe Reader 9.3.4

[2011-10-14 14:29:25] ProductVersion: 9.3.4

[2011-10-14 14:29:25] ProductRegistry: SOFTWARE\Adobe\Acrobat Reader\9.0

[2011-10-14 14:29:25] ProductInstallDir: C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Reader 9.0\

[2011-10-14 14:29:25] UAC Patching is found enabled

[2011-10-14 14:29:25] Automatic preferences not provided with command line and not found in Registry - using default ARM preference AUTO_DOWNLOAD.

[2011-10-14 14:29:25] Decryption failed.

[2011-10-14 14:29:25] Last check for updates is registered but not valid

[2011-10-14 14:29:39] ArmUpdate record found.

[2011-10-14 14:29:39] Newer version ARM Update is not available.

[2011-10-14 14:29:39] New file object: AdbeRdr940_en_US.msi

[2011-10-14 14:29:39] New file object: AdbeRdrUpd942_all_incr.msp

[2011-10-14 14:29:39] New file object: AdbeRdrUpd945_all_incr.msp

[2011-10-14 14:29:39] New file object: AdbeRdrUpd946_all_incr.msp

|
    Mark as:
1 2 Previous Next
Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status