Skip navigation
oleg_mir88
Currently Being Moderated

no sound in imported video

Jan 22, 2010 1:20 AM

hi

very strange problem,i've imported a video with sound [it works in windows ], and it just disappeared in AE. not sound at all,and in the timeline there isn't an audio option...

plzz help

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 22, 2010 6:25 AM   in reply to oleg_mir88

Any clues on what type of video you're trying to import, where it came from, or any other information?

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 22, 2010 6:51 AM   in reply to oleg_mir88

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 22, 2010 7:04 AM   in reply to oleg_mir88

Where exactly in Windows does it work?  What kind of file is it?  What codec(s) is the audio and video encoded with?

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 12, 2010 8:09 AM   in reply to Andrew Yoole

Hello Andrew, every body.

About this subject, i just started working with AE, and this same problem is happening to me. i have a *.MOV file that plays ok in quicktime, but when i import it to AE tha sound do not appear. Well, actually, only the background sounds play, the the voices from the actors are mute. Do you know wha is happening, or what can i do to fix this?

Thank you in advance

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 12, 2010 8:37 AM   in reply to Marcus Menezes

Marcus,

Are your actors' voices recorded onto a separate audio track from the background sound? It seems that that is the case, and After Effects is picking up the first of these tracks. After Effects just uses the first of the audio tracks for an imported video. You can mix the audio down in another application and then bring that into After Effects.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 16, 2010 12:35 PM   in reply to oleg_mir88

i have the same problem. i import every type of a file but i can't hear the audio, and when i render them i can't hear any audio in rendered footage too...

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 28, 2013 10:17 AM   in reply to oleg_mir88

I had the same problem with a .wav file. It would play in QT, Premiere, Audition, and Audacity. I converted them all from this programs.

After Effects would import them, but when I placed in them into a sequence there was no audio symbol and no waveform. I spent 30 minutes doing this.

Finally, I decided to just restart AE. Now, it works. There is a audio symbol and waveform.

When all fails, just restart.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points