Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Shockwave 11, looking for havok xtra

Mar 29, 2008 8:10 AM

Downloaded the Full Installer Mac OSX 10.4 Shockwave Player 11.
Clicked on a application which requires Havok xtra, the error says
"This application requires an Xtra (Havok Physics Scene) that either does not exist or failed to initialize properly. Please make sure the appropriate Xtras are in the Xtras folder(s)."
So couple of questions, where do I get the xtra?
Where do I put it on the Mac? I'm a new Mac user!
Is there a remedy for this situation?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    1. ,
    Apr 2, 2008 1:14 AM   in reply to _booth_
    Hi. I have the same problem. Have you solved it yet? Thanks

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 6, 2008 4:07 AM   in reply to _booth_
    the xtras folder is located in
    Macintosh HD>Library>Application Support>Adobe>Shockwave 11>Xtras

I don't know where you'll find the xtra, I don't think Havok is made for Macintels yet. So we'll just have to wait and see. I read in another forum that the new shockwave 11 uses the new Aegis physics xtra.
    ( http://developerdispatch.com/shockwave-11-for-intel-mac-released.html)

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 13, 2008 7:31 PM   in reply to _booth_
    Hi:

I've also had this problem, along with a site needing the MoveCursor xtra -- I installed a version of that in the Xtra folder (baMoveCursor.xtra), to no avail. Any thoughts? Thanks.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 29, 2008 12:46 AM   in reply to _booth_
    hi;

I have the same problem.

the xtras folder is located in
    Macintosh HD>Library>Application Support>Adobe>Shockwave 11>Xtras

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 8, 2009 7:31 PM   in reply to _booth_

Hey, I think they didn't make havok for mac OS X, and they probably never will.

I hope they do eventually make it, because shockwave is completely pointless without havok, but I don't think they'll ever make it, because they made a new Xtra that will be used in most new games instead of havok, but mac OS X will still never be able to play the old games

I hate adobe so much for doing this

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 30, 2010 10:08 AM   in reply to _booth_

how i adobe it

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 3, 2010 2:46 PM   in reply to _booth_

Hi guys,

In Mac OS X you can find the folder under Library > Application Support > Macromedia> Xtras.

In order for an Xtra to be downloaded by a movie, the Xtra package must be made available for download at a URL. Once a movie has downloaded Xtras into the Shockwave Xtras folder, the Xtras will reside there permanently (newer versions can be downloaded to overwrite older versions, however).

A number of the most commonly used Macromedia Xtras are included in the default Shockwave Player installation. This allows most content authored in Director to be viewable in a default Shockwave installation without requiring any additional Xtras to be downloaded.

Steps to enable Xtras downloading:

1. In a text editor, open the file named xtrainfo.txt located in the root of the Director 8 application folder. This file instructs the movie which Xtras are available for download and from which URL those Xtras can be downloaded.
      • If you are using an Xtra that is not listed inxtrainfo.txt, contact the Xtra devloper Xtra to ask if the Xtra is available as a downloadable package. If the Xtra is to be used in a Shockwave movie, the package must include a 'safe for Shockwave' version of the Xtra.
      • If a downloadable package is not available for the Xtra, it will not be a candidate for the Xtras downloading feature.
      • If the Xtra developer has made a downloadable Xtra package, you will need to insert the necessary information (provided by the Xtra developer) into xtrainfo.txt.

Note: please see the documentation provided inxtrainfo.txt for more information on this step.
    2. Launch Director and open the movie that uses the Xtra.
    3. Open the Movie Xtras dialog by choosing Modify > Movie > Xtras.
    4. Select the Xtra in the list which needs to be downloaded and select the Download if Needed option.

Note: A connection to the Internet is required for this step to function. The URL where the downloadable Xtra package resides is verified at this point and stored in the movie file.
    5. Save the movie.

When the movie is run, either in the Shockwave Player or as a projector, it will check the user's Shockwave installation to verify what Xtras are installed and will prompt the user if an Xtra will be downloaded.

Hope this helps.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 3, 2010 3:40 PM   in reply to Bobbyndd

Havok was dropped in D11 and replaced by Ageia. Havok still works in Shockwave on a PC via the special backward-compatibility version of SW10. There is no such thing for Mac SW11+, thereby killing off Havok content for Shockwave on the Mac.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 5, 2010 3:08 PM   in reply to Sean_Wilson

Thanks Bobby for sharing the solution it really helped me although to  large extent

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)