Skip navigation
Colby McLemore
Currently Being Moderated

"Failed to convert to native blob" error

Jan 23, 2010 7:13 PM

Can someone else me?  Whenever I go into the slideshow module, I get the error "failed to convert to native blog"  Any suggestions?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 24, 2010 3:23 AM   in reply to Colby McLemore

Colby McLemore wrote:

Can someone else me?  Whenever I go into the slideshow module, I get the error "failed to convert to native blog"  Any suggestions?

is "blog" a typo on your part? Perhaps a little more information about your system would help find an answer.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 24, 2010 10:26 AM   in reply to Colby McLemore

Perhaps it was BLOB: Binary large object (BLOB), in computer database  systems.

John

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 24, 2010 3:57 PM   in reply to jgregson

Seems likely..in which case optimising the database may make the problem go away.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 25, 2010 10:19 PM   in reply to Colby McLemore

I was having the same problem and fixed it by resetting my Identity Plate to the default settings. It is now a "Styled Text Identity Plate." Hope this helps

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 23, 2010 6:49 PM   in reply to bumarji

Success!  I have been having this issue with the slideshow module for over a year.  The issue was that I had an old identity plate that was trying to use a font that I no longer have installed.  I opened the identity plate and updated it to use a font that I have currently.  Now I can finally use the slideshow module again!  Adobe - if you are listening - it would be nice to have a more descriptive error message when this happens, or to alert the user when lightroom starts that the font is now missing and will be replaced or similar.  Thanks all!

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points