Skip navigation
fairy_lly
Currently Being Moderated

qtp9.2 automation with flex sdk3.3,automation_agent.swc conflict

Jan 26, 2010 6:15 PM

The project is developed whit flex sdk 3.3. i am using QTP9.2 to automate test.

I have done these things the following:
1、install QTP_Plugin_Installer.exe
2、update flex builder's “Additional compiler arguments”
-locale en_US -include-libraries "flex_builder_dir\sdks\3.3.0\frameworks\libs\automation.swc" "flex_builder_dir\sdks\3.3.0\frameworks\libs\automation_agent.swc" "flex_builder_dir\sdks\3.3.0\frameworks\libs\qtp.swc" "flex_builder_dir\sdks\3.3.0\frameworks\libs\automation_dmv.swc"

QTP script can be properly recorded to flex.
but,the project can not properly use the many functions.
In particular, the button is clicked to no avail.

Search revealed that there is a conflict because of automation_agent.swc.

Removal of automation_agent.swc.
QTP script not properly recording to flex.

and flashplayer activex debug's message:
TypeError: Error #1009: 无法访问空对象引用的属性或方法。
at mx.automation.qtp::QTPAdapter/setTestingEnvironment()[C:\work\flex\dm v_automation\projects\qtp\src\mx\automation\qtp\QTPAdapter.as:461]
at mx.automation.qtp::QTPAdapter()[C:\work\flex\dmv_automation\projects\ qtp\src\mx\automation\qtp\QTPAdapter.as:357]
at mx.automation.qtp::QTPAgent/applicationCompleteHandler()[C:\work\flex \dmv_automation\projects\qtp\src\mx\automation\qtp\QTPAgent.as:48]
at flash.events::EventDispatcher/dispatchEventFunction()
at flash.events::EventDispatcher/dispatchEvent()
at mx.managers::SystemManager/preloader_preloaderDoneHandler()[C:\autobu ild\3.3.0\frameworks\projects\framework\src\mx\managers\SystemManager. as:3025]
at mx.preloaders::Preloader/displayClassCompleteHandler()[C:\autobuild\3 .3.0\frameworks\projects\framework\src\mx\preloaders\Preloader.as:434]
at com.adobe.cairngorm.game.view.loading::AppPreloader/dispatchComplete( )[E:\fairylly\CompanySystem\liangjiansanguo\codes\game\src\com\adobe\c airngorm\game\view\loading\AppPreloader.as:100]
at flash.utils::Timer/_timerDispatch()
at flash.utils::Timer/tick()

If we have to face such problems?
Please help out,thanks a lot.

fairylly

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 26, 2010 11:13 PM   in reply to fairy_lly

Hi

If I have understood correctly ,the issue you are facing is that you are able to record the automation script but during replay you are facing the runtime error you have mentioned in your mail?

Based on the error message you are getting I suspect you are using 2 different version of automation swcs i.e the qtp.swc is of a different version when compared to the automation_agent.swc.

In order to check that all your automation swcs are of the same version

1.      Open the qtp.swc file using winzip

2.      Now open the catalog.xml file and look for the <flex version tag and make a note of the version and build numbers.

Now similarly open the other automation swcs and ensure that all the swcs have the same version and build numbers.

Please note that sdk 3.3 is compatible with the sdk 3.2 automation swcs only.

Please let me know if this solves your problem.

Regards

Shanaz

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 27, 2010 3:29 AM   in reply to fairy_lly

Hi

Can you please log a bug in our bug base http://bugs.adobe.com/jira/secure/Dashboard.jspa under the Flex Enterprise and Test Automation Components Project.

Please include a sample application where you are facing this issue and we will take a look at it.

Regards

Shanaz

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 28, 2010 5:09 AM   in reply to fairy_lly

Hi

The Runtime error you are getting is because of the removal of the automation_agent.swc. This swc is integral for the working of Flex automation.Please  add the automation_agent.swc back in the compiler arguments along with the other automation swcs.All the swcs as you have confirmed are also of the same version .

“QTP script can be properly recorded to flex.

but,the project can not properly use the many functions.

In particular, the button is clicked to no avail.”

Can you please elaborate on this ? I have not really understood what the problem is.

Thanks & Regards

Shanaz

http://shanazvakil.wordpress.com/

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 28, 2010 8:10 PM   in reply to fairy_lly

Hi

I think I figured out what the problem is. You are facing the issue mentioned here http://bugs.adobe.com/jira/browse/FLEXENT-791

The issue is that when an application has overlapping containers and is compiled using automation libraries the controls present in the lower container are not clickable.

This issue has been resolved in sdk 3.4 but there is also a workaround wherein you can set mouseEnabled property to false for both the overlapping containers and run the application all your buttons should work.

Please let me know if this helped.

Regards

Shanaz

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 31, 2010 10:20 PM   in reply to fairy_lly

Hi

Did you also compile your application with the corresponding flex 3.4 automation swcs? Alternatively did you try using the workaround I suggested?

Regards

Shanaz

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 1, 2010 2:23 AM   in reply to fairy_lly

Hi

You can download the corresponding automation swcs for sdk 3.4 from the below link

http://download.macromedia.com/pub/flex/sdk/automation_sdk3.4.zip

Please compile your application with the 3.4 sdk and use these automation swcs and let me know if this solves your problem.

Regards

Shanaz

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 1, 2010 8:50 PM   in reply to fairy_lly

Great !! Happy testing

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)