Skip navigation
MvRdop
Currently Being Moderated

Install Problem Premiere Pro CS4

Jan 31, 2010 4:46 AM

I just bought CS4 Premiere, but it won't install!

The installer crashes on the 'LangPacks' and then states: "Adobe Setup  has stopped working; Windows is checking for a solution to the  problem...."

- I followed all instructions in the Adobe provided TechNote: Error "Adobe Setup has  stopped working..." when you try to install updates for Adobe CS4  products (Windows Vista)

- I tried to uninstall and run the adobe script for cleaning. It worked, but the same error during next CS4-install.

- Turned off

- Firewall, virusscan, etc. all turned off  during install.

- running updated version of windows 7 ultimate 64 bit  (fresh install after format, coming from XP)

- tried to install CS4 in  parts, same error.

- MB: Asus P5-E WS Professional

- Intel Q9550 Quad

- 4GB DDR2

- PNY  nVidia GeForce GTS 250

Please Help

(I also contacted Adobe Support...)

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 31, 2010 4:51 AM   in reply to MvRdop

From DVD or from download? As amdnistrator? It may be that if you install from a download, it got corrupted during download.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 31, 2010 5:19 AM   in reply to MvRdop

Can you install when you go to custom installation and leave out the transscribe functionality? Transscribing does not work anyway, so maybe if you leave that out, it will not trip over the language pack.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 31, 2010 5:49 AM   in reply to MvRdop

Is there any difference between your installed OS language, your regional settings and the language you want to install for CS4? Just guessing, but maybe this can help. If all those are consistent, I'm stumped and you may have to wait for Adobe Technical Support.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 2, 2010 3:42 AM   in reply to MvRdop

Good to know you succeeded. Out of curiosity, did you now use one language setting for OS and CS4? Could that be the culprit? I have this one weird thing that everything on my machine is in English (OS and all programs), but still Adobe Drive persists in using Dutch as the default language. I hate that.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points