Skip navigation
weslenn
Currently Being Moderated

Problems installing Master Collection CS4

Jan 31, 2010 12:50 PM

I have CS4 master collection, i put in the first disk and start the installation (everything) and i keep getting a popup that says "installation error" and it asks if i want to continue installing the remaining components. I clicked continue the first time, and the error came up several times throughout the install, however it was only on the first disk that it displayd that, the 2,3,4 did not at all. Once it was done installing, it installed some of the products but said "instalation done, with errors." i clicked more info, and it said this:
Adobe Bridge CS4
Error:
Error 1603. Error 1335.The cabinet file 'AdobeBridge3All1.cab' required for this installation is corrupt and cannot be used. This could indicate a network error, an error reading from the CD-ROM, or a problem with this package.

Adobe CSI CS4
Error:
Error 1603. Error 1335.The cabinet file 'AdobeCSIAll1.cab' required for this installation is corrupt and cannot be used. This could indicate a network error, an error reading from the CD-ROM, or a problem with this package.

Adobe Fonts All
Error:
Error 1603. Error 1335.The cabinet file 'AdobeFontsAll1.cab' required for this installation is corrupt and cannot be used. This could indicate a network error, an error reading from the CD-ROM, or a problem with this package.

Adobe Media Encoder CS4
Error:
Error 1603. Error 1335.The cabinet file 'AMECore1All1.cab' required for this installation is corrupt and cannot be used. This could indicate a network error, an error reading from the CD-ROM, or a problem with this package.

Adobe Media Encoder CS4 Additional Exporter
Error:
Error 1603. Error 1335.The cabinet file 'AMEAdditionalExporter1All1.cab' required for this installation is corrupt and cannot be used. This could indicate a network error, an error reading from the CD-ROM, or a problem with this package.

I have tried using the ASA utility, reading on the adobe website for solutions, followed the one to do a clean install, edited my registry permissions like it said all to no avail. Its doing the same thing, same error message, Please help.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 3, 2010 2:14 PM   in reply to weslenn

Try installing it on another system to confirm that it's not your DVD drive that's having a problem. You'll see pretty quickly if error messages appear (you said it began on the 1st disk). If it's the DVD drive then just go buy a new one. They're pretty cheap.

Russell

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points