Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Digital Signatures and date fields

Level 4

I have a form with digital signatures.  I understand that the digital signatures have a date on them but until we are fully electronic with the form some users may still print sign and date.  With that said we will have a date field next to the signatures.  Is there anyway to default the date field to whatever date the form was signed - to tie them together some way?  If not is there anyway to make the date field not be less than today's date?  That it can't be post dated?  Thanks!

Jodi

9 Replies

Level 6

Check the Digital Signature status, if it is in signed state populate the date field with date.

But problem is it will show the current system date, may be user can change their pc/laptop dates.

Please check the attached sample. Script written on change event of Digital Signature field.

RAGHU.

Level 4

RAGHU -

I am close.  I took your code and put it in my doc and replaced the field names, but I keep getting an error.  It is telling me :"getSigField has no properties."  Any ideas?

Jodi

Level 6

I could not find any problem with same code with 7.2, 8.2, ES2 designers.

what is the designer and reader versions ur using?

Can u post the form to debug? if not copy atleast the signature and date field to new form and post here.

RAGHU.

Level 4

I am very new to Java (the only coding I have done is what I have gotten off of this forum )   Any help would be greatly appreciated!

I have attached the form.  I have only added the code to the first signature field so far.

Thanks Tons!

Jodi

Level 6

Use as

var getSigField = event.target.getField("form1[0].#subform[0].FacStaffSig[0]");

in ur code on signature field for form1 and FacStaffSig has missed -[0], when accessing the field its required in this way.

RAGHU.

Level 4

I added the [0] and it still doesn't work.  I am sorry for being so difficult

Level 6

u added for signature field only also needs to add form1[0].

Then give reader extentions and sign it will work.

RAGHU.

Level 4

RAGHU - YOU ROCK!!!! It worked! And I can make the date field read only so the user can't change it!

I don't know how to thank you!

Have a fantastic day!

Jodi

Level 1

I am also having problems with this. Using the script it works no problem on page 1 when i duplicate it for page 2. I cannot get it to work. Any ideas what i am doing wrong

http://www.mediafire.com/file/3meamzt5mgm/testing.pdf