Skip navigation
NIX75
Currently Being Moderated

Error: "You need to install a printer" when you print in Photoshop CS4

Feb 3, 2010 5:54 AM

Hi, I get this message when I try to print a .psd file (I printed this file earlier without any problem on the same computer with the same printer!). The strange thing is that I can have one file open that allows me to print fine and another open that would only return this error. I tried to copy the layers to a new file and save (overwriting the old file) but this didn't work. For me, this had NOTHING to do with printer drivers (re-installed but no improvement) or the preference file (deleted and new one made, once again no improvement). It just seems as thought certain files that have been either created or re-saved in CS4 were corrupt with regard to printing, but fine otherwise.

FYI, OS Windows XP Pro version 2002 SP3, PS CS4 11.0 with 6.0.4 updateerror message.jpg

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 3, 2010 5:59 AM   in reply to NIX75

First update PS CS4 11.0 to 11.0.1

Also try setting the default printer to something other then the printer you use. This has fixed a lot of printing issues. Then when your ready to print select the printer you want to use.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 3, 2010 9:01 AM   in reply to NIX75

Go to another photo program like GIMP or Paint Shop Pro X2, open the file and save it as a copy (ensure the file is flattened first). Then go back into Photoshop and give it another try. This has worked for some files in the past.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 3, 2010 10:18 AM   in reply to NIX75

This is an Adobe article which addresses your situation:

http://go.adobe.com/kb/ts_kb409119_en-us

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status