We finally figured this out on our box. Turns out that we had set the maxtimeout on the mysql box low for some other applications we have running against it. So, when we configured the timeout for each datasource to be less than the maxtimeout on the mysql box, all was well. set mysql max timeout = 60 seconds...datasource timeouts at 58 seconds. obviously, you can configure as you see fit, we figured at the one minute point someone was throwing the keyboard anyway. ;-)
Hi I am working on an application which requires integration with Twitter. I have used twitter4j api,n when i tried to run the server and client it is giving the following error. Can you help me get through this.
[Thread-4] INFO twitter4j.internal.logging.Logger - Will use class
twitter4j.internal.logging.SLF4JLoggerFactory as logging factory.
14:20:48.375 [Thread-4] INFO t.internal.http.HttpClientFactory - Will use twitt
er4j.internal.http.alternative.HttpClientImpl as HttpClient implementation.
14:20:48.531 [Thread-4] DEBUG twitter4j.http.OAuthAuthorization - OAuth base str
ing: POST&http%3A%2F%2Fapi.twitter.com%2F1%2Fdirect_messages%2Fnew.json&oa uth_co
Please start a new thread - this is not at all related to the topic the others were talking about.
Also, if you haven't gone too far with your solution, I highly recommend using the monkehTweet project to connect to Twitter from ColdFusion. Open source, works great (using it on a project now) and really easy to work with. http://monkehtweet.riaforge.org/
I am suffering from this same problem. I am receiving all sorts of random, disturbing errors, and after realizing that all the stacktraces started the same way, I found myself here.
All the errors start like this: java.lang.NullPointerException at com.mysql.jdbc.Statement.setMaxRows(Statement.java:2178)
Is anyone aware of any reliable fix for this??
Have you tried tweaking all the timeout settings (both on the CF and MySQL side) as suggested in any of the prior posts?
Failing that, please provide more information:
* CF version (and any/all updaters and hotfixes applied)
* code snippet
* exact exception/stack information
Or if you don't feel like doing any of that, try a clean re-installation of ColdFusion. I know it sounds dramatic, but sometimes it's the easiest way out.
I've experienced this error after upgrading MySQL from 4 to 5
I've put together this small article on how to temporarily fix it until a hot fix is released from Adobe:
I hope it helps
Thank you for the response Steve. I wasn't able to tweak those settings (being on a shared host), but after I contacted my shared host, they moved my site to a CF9 server and since then I have stopped seeing that issue. I guess it's only a bug in CF8.