Skip navigation
Miraxian
Currently Being Moderated

Acrobat pauses when opening any pdf

Feb 5, 2010 7:35 AM

Figured I would open this again since the previous post was marked as answered....and the problem persists.

Acrobat pauses for 30 seconds after I open any pdf. It will bring up the document, but I cannot do anything with it, like zoom, scroll, or even highligh buttons. If I click on anything, the menu bar will white out. After ~30 seconds, the menu bar goes back to normal and everything works perfectly. If I have Acrobat already open and then open a file, I usually do not have this problem. If I open a file holding down the shift key it still pauses. I can create pdf's no problem and have no other errors, just the pause on opening.

I have Acrobat 9 Pro version 9.3.0 and all the updates. I have tried repairing the install. Removing and uninstalling and no change. Running on a Core 2 Duo 2 GHz, 1GB ram, Win XP. No other problems with the computer. This is just really frustrating when opening a lot of files searching for something. Thanks for any help.

No change when "Use 2D Graphics acceleration" checked or unchecked.

I had been using Acrobat 8 Pro and did not have any problems with it.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 5, 2010 8:53 AM   in reply to Miraxian

Do you have any other software that plugs into Acrobat?  YOu can try turning it off in the Preferences and see if that helps.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 19, 2010 4:07 PM   in reply to Miraxian

I am having the exact same issue... it's so frustrating! Does anyone have a solution to this?

Running CS4 on a Core i7 workstation w/ Win 7 64-bit, latest BIOS and video card drivers (ATI Radeon 4890). Acrobat is version 9.3 with all updates. It freezes for 30 seconds just as described, every single time you launch it.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 21, 2010 2:59 AM   in reply to Miraxian

Is your workstation on a network/domain?

Check your default printer driver is not set to a printer that is unreachable.

I had a similar problem with Photoshop when I had inadvertently changed my default driver to a network printer that was not longer available

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points