Skip navigation
AnnNZ
Currently Being Moderated

error 150:30

Feb 5, 2010 2:49 PM

Can no longer open Editor in Photoshop Elements 8 after a proffessional computer overhaul and upgrade. Just get Error message 150:30  Help please.

Replies
  • 99jon
    12,852 posts
    Jan 6, 2010
    Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 5, 2010 3:04 PM   in reply to AnnNZ

Licensing for this product has stopped working.

http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/512/cpsid_51260.html

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 10, 2010 4:29 AM   in reply to AnnNZ

Hi Ann,

Sorry for the previous message. I checked that you had already gone through that link. Hence, editing the message.

Can you please take the following steps:

1. In the Windows->Run dialog, type in Services.msc and hit Enter.

2. Check whether a service named FLEXnet Licensing Service is in Started state or not?

3. If not, change its status from Stopped/Null to Started/Running.

4. If the above service is not listed in the Services list, then right click the below .exe and select the option for Run As Administrator for the below .exe:

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Macrovision Shared\FLEXnet Publisher\FNPLicensingService.exe

Keep me informed in either case.

Regards,

Ankush

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 14, 2010 1:44 AM   in reply to AnnNZ

Hey,

Is your issue resolved?

Regards,

Ankush

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 17, 2010 1:28 AM   in reply to AnnNZ

Glad to hear that your issue is resolved. Did the Technician told you what was the issue? May be that can help folks on this forum.

Also, it will be great if after adding those details you can mark the post as Answered so that other users can refer it.

Thanks & Regards,

Ankush

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 23, 2010 4:43 PM   in reply to AnnNZ

Hit me today when I attempted to open PSE8.

License problem window recommended I reboot, which I did.

Happily, all is well and the program opened.

Wonder what that was all about???

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 25, 2010 6:45 AM   in reply to cmbtgr

It might be that sue to some other processes running on the machine Licensing service took some time to initialize while the application called for the service...doesnt have a reliable reproducing scenario...keep us updated in case you see this dialog again...

Regards,

Ankush

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 29, 2010 7:19 AM   in reply to AnnNZ

Thanks for the information - I encountered this problem in Premirere Elements 8, after uninstalling a demo version of a plug-in (Neat Video) and installing the full version.

This may or may not have been a coincidence, but the procedure you listed worked fine.

Phew!!

|
    Mark as:
    May 17, 2010 7:31 PM   in reply to AnnNZ

Hi. Ann.

I am not very good at this. Can you tell me where I go to fix this problem. You said go to services.cms. I would appreicate it very much if you could explain this a little bit more.

Thanks.

Evierhill

|
    Mark as:
    May 17, 2010 10:28 PM   in reply to AnnNZ

Thanks Ann for backing me up...

Evierhill, please keep me updated about the status of your problem.

Regards,

Ankush

|
    Mark as:
    May 18, 2010 7:53 PM   in reply to AnnNZ

I am having this exact problem after having my computer worked on!  Help!  Where do I go to begin this correction process?  How do I get to the Windows run dialog or whatever to begin?

|
    Mark as:
    May 18, 2010 8:11 PM   in reply to barronfontenot

Nevermind!  I figured it out!

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 23, 2010 10:19 AM   in reply to barronfontenot

We have made significant changes in the licensing module and with PSE  9 "Licensing has stopped working" message or error should not be faced  by any users even the intermittent cases of it should be gone now. So  those of you who were facing this issue in E8, here is something which  you might be willing to know..I know it took us a complete cycle for the  fix, and we yet again apologize to those customers who faced this issue  in the last cycle.

Regards,

Ankush

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 18, 2010 8:15 PM   in reply to Ankush Ved

I began getting error 150:30 after a very difficult installation of Intuit TurboTax and the message from Photoshop "re-boot or contact tech support, nothing about licensing.  I have been using the product daily for more than a year.  During the round-a-bout installation of TurboTax I was asked to shut down all Windows services and attempt an install of TurboTax.  After a successfull install the Windows services were returned to their normal state. The TurboTax seems to work as expected but now Photoshop elements gives me the error message and tells me to re-boot or contact tech support.

To back up.  I am running Windows 7 X64 and had no problem with TurboTax install last year.  This year I spent 8 hours with Intuit tech support to no avail and then found the suggestion mentioned above--in their support pages.  The techs kept mentioning problems with Adobe and how TurboTax had difficulty with Flash in Windows 7.  (I know, not your problem.)

I don't intend this to be a slam of the Intuit product which is of great benefit to me but the common element seems to revolve around something in the Adobe environment that I have changed.  Any guess what and where?

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 19, 2010 11:12 PM   in reply to Zane Clair Greene

Try looking for the service named Flexnet Licensing Service...make sure that the service is in running state and the start up type is set as Automatic.. start the service once and then launch application..see if this works??

Regards,

Ankush

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 22, 2011 1:38 PM   in reply to barronfontenot

i cannot figure out where to find the windows->run dialog.  where is it?

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 22, 2011 10:02 PM   in reply to erinsti

On Windows XP, click on Start -> then Run...

On Vista, click on the Windows Logo -> in the text bar you can directly type in whatever you want to launch through Run dialog on XP.

Regards,

Ankush

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 23, 2011 11:28 AM   in reply to Ankush Ved

thanks ankush.  i did this but no items matched my search.  should i uninstall and reinstall?  thanks so much for your help!

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 23, 2011 9:08 PM   in reply to erinsti

Hi,

Can you please start a new thread. Its hard to know from the above thread on what exact issue are you facing?

Regards,

Ankush

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 24, 2011 5:50 AM   in reply to Ankush Ved

Attempting to unsubscribe from this thread; when

I visit the message page given below, the Actions

box only gives me PDF and PRINT choices; there is

no action given to Stop Email Notifications.

???

-ek

|
    Mark as:
    May 26, 2012 7:45 AM   in reply to AnnNZ

Hello Ankush, I have the same error 150:30 when I try to install photoshop 8 elements. I am using mac pro. What can I do - please, advice.

Thanks, Elena.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points