Skip navigation
AltSchul2
Currently Being Moderated

PPro 1.5 incompatible with Windows 7

Feb 6, 2010 9:51 PM

I just upgraded laptops and have been eager to continue editing with Premiere Pro 1.5.  However, the program will not upload and gets stuck during the initialization process at GPUPagecurl.aex.  Is version 1.5 incompatible with Windows 7 and if so, is there a fix/patch?

Laptop specs:  i7 chip  8G Ram  dual quad processor @1.6 Ghz  1.6 Ghz and 64bit OS

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 6, 2010 11:23 PM   in reply to AltSchul2

Why not upgrade to a more current version of PPro?

(1.5 was written a long time before WIN 7 so could be considered fairly redundant)

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 7, 2010 8:12 AM   in reply to AltSchul2

Win7 PRO and above has a virtual xp download http://www.microsoft.com/windows/virtual-pc/

Other than that, what compatibility settings are you using?

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 9, 2010 8:14 AM   in reply to AltSchul2

Personal aside - I feel that the min. requirements are awfully low. They are basically enough to install the program, and launch it. Trying to edit anything with a min. system will be horribly painful, if even possible.

It is good that you read of the min. system requirements. I would not attempt to go with something below those.

Now, with about Photoshop CS, Adobe finally issued a min. video card statement for PS. It was 128MB VRAM min. I still ran PS CS for a few years on a Matrox G-450 64MB video card, without issues. Now, this is VASTLY different than CPU, RAM or HDD setup.

Good luck, and thanks for reporting, even if it was not good news. That will very likely help others with the same question.

Hunt

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points