Skip navigation
KirstenShov04
Currently Being Moderated

Folder Could Not Be Found Error - Please Help, Don't Want To Re-Edit EVERYTHING!

Feb 9, 2010 12:40 PM

So I just edited a huge set of photos.  I put them into a collection, then undid the collection.  But now when I go back to the edited photos in their original location & click develop there is an error saying ""this folder could not be found".  I can see all the pictures & the edits I made in the Library though, so I'm thinking they're still there somewhere.

When I click on Library, it says they are located in G:\Lily\2010  (but I can't locate this folder G: on my hard drive)

When I right click & do show in explorer it says there is no file located in this specific path

I tried re-uploading the unedited pics from my camera into a new folder on C: & then right clicking on the G:\lily\2010 & selecting "find missing folders" & then selecting the newly uploaded unedited pics & that didn't work either.

Is there something I'm missing here?  How can fix this so I don't have to re-edit all of these photos again?  PLEASE PLEASE HELP!!!  Thanks in advance

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 9, 2010 12:54 PM   in reply to KirstenShov04

Try "update folder location" from the same menu you tried "show in explorer" before and then point to the folder the images are in.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 9, 2010 1:13 PM   in reply to KirstenShov04

The one on the far left menu is what I meant. It should work, but I've not used the beta - isn't there a beta forum?

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 9, 2010 1:25 PM   in reply to KirstenShov04

Part of the problem is that either you moved/renamed the folder that contained the photos, or maybe the hard disk that it was on changed letters.

I recommend people not move folders around that contain photos. It is much better, in my opinion, to organize with keywords and not organize via folders.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points