Skip navigation
cnewgunn
Currently Being Moderated

How to open Project Bin in PSE 6 please ?

Feb 15, 2010 5:04 AM

Hi

newish to PSE

I have never seen the Project Bin, only 'show project bin' option

1. have tried Edit > Preferences > General> Autohide = no change

2. have tried Window > Project Bin = no recognition or change.

am i missing something or perhaps someone can guide me to fix it.  I saw a previous post but instructions for mac ..

thanks in advance if you can help

claire

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 15, 2010 8:10 AM   in reply to cnewgunn
    I have never seen the Project Bin, only 'show project bin' option

What happens when you choose that? What happens if you go to Window>Project Bin?

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 16, 2010 3:32 AM   in reply to cnewgunn

First I would try resetting the preferences: Quit the Editor (quit PSE on a mac) then restart it while holding down ctrl+alt+shift (command+option+shift for a mac). Keep holding the keys till you see a message asking if you want to delete the settings file. You do.

If that doesn't do it, I would uninstall/reinstall. Turn off all antivirus software and any Norton/Symantec products when you run the install. (In windows, uninstall via control panel, on a mac use the uninstaller).

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 16, 2010 3:30 PM   in reply to cnewgunn

Great! Glad it worked for you. That's the first thing to try whenever the editor gets weird.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 26, 2010 2:36 PM   in reply to cnewgunn

Thank you from my too. My project bin disappeared and I came here and what do you know.  I now have it back following your instructions.  Thanks so much.  Deanna

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 10, 2010 1:57 PM   in reply to Barbara B.

Hi,

I just did this. I have my project bin back, but now all of my purchased actions are missing. Did I delete them? Please say no. LOL

Thanks, Deanna C.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 10, 2010 5:38 PM   in reply to Deanna C.

If you reinstalled, yes you did. (You do have a backup someplace, of course?)

If you just deleted the settings file, no, that shouldn't have had the slightest effect on those.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 10, 2010 5:46 PM   in reply to Barbara B.

I found them. Thank you!

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 14, 2013 2:39 PM   in reply to cnewgunn

hello! I hope you can help. I tried pressing ctl+alt+shift WHILE PSE was restarting but all I got was the same thing , PROJECT BIN option not showing in the WINDOWS dropdown.

Can you tell me please what else I can do? 'm new to this as well. but perhaps  newer.

Thank you!

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 14, 2013 2:46 PM   in reply to Barbara B.

Hello Barbara! Please help me out. I'm having issues opening my "project bin". I'm still using the trial version but I do believe the project bin should start up with this version as it is a great tool in the editor. I couldn't see why it wouldn' be accessible. I tried resetting the editor and as it was launching I pressed ctl + alt + shift but all I got was the pop up box to either try or purchase.

Can you tell me what else I might try to access the project bin please? Or did I do something wrong?

Thanks a million!

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 14, 2013 2:56 PM   in reply to josephgmeyer

What version of PSE are you using? In PSE 11 it's called the photo bin. There's always a button at the bottom of your screen to bring it into view, but if you click a new tool the Tool Options replace it and you may need to click the button to bring it back again. PSE 11 is very different from previous versions in many ways.

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 15, 2013 12:21 PM   in reply to Barbara B.

I'm using the Adobe PSE CS6. And I wasn't a ble to find it for the life of me! It's supposedly in the Windows tab in the Project bin, far left tab.But nothing!

By chance would you know anything about that?

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 15, 2013 1:12 PM   in reply to josephgmeyer

Are you in full edit? Edit tab on the right side of the screen>full

EDIT I'm assuming you mean PSE 6. There's no such thing as PSE CS6 and no version of PSE based on CS6, at least not yet.

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 15, 2013 1:13 PM   in reply to Barbara B.

Or did you mean you have Photoshop CS6? Elements is a different program, a cut down version of Photoshop and the interface is entirely different. There's no project bin in Photoshop.

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 15, 2013 1:24 PM   in reply to josephgmeyer

Oh, and one other thing--earlier in this thread, those are the keys for deleting the prefs in windows. On a mac it's command+shift+option. If you use the control on a mac it won't work.

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 15, 2013 4:48 PM   in reply to Barbara B.

Ive got Photoshop CS6. I reckon that's why then. So tell me, if it's a cutdown version of Photoshop, am I missing a lot then by not having the project bin. Remember I'm still using the trial version and I'm thinking of what product to purchase. One that will best suit my needs.

The reason I'm learning about the Adobe products is to design e'learning materials and an ebook. So, I'd like to purchase the tools that will help me get the best return. I'll need to be proficient in designing templates. I know that there are sites where I can download my own templates but in learning PS I can design my own based on the type of book or learner I'm addressing.

So with that said, Do you reccomend I use the creative cloud which has access to all the tools or should I just stick with the e'learners suite?

Thank you for your detailed answers. They do mean a lot to me.

Cheers!

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 15, 2013 6:58 PM   in reply to josephgmeyer

I'm not sure what is in the e-learners' suite. For creating ebooks, InDesign would be the most important program, with some version of PS to do the graphics. Whether or not PSE is adequate for that depends on a lot of things. If these books might ever also be made available in print, then PS would be a better choice; otherwise it depends on just what you want to do with the graphics.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (1)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points