Skip navigation
TheGuyNamedCrisG
Currently Being Moderated

On Desktop Computer JVC everio footage isnt purple tint and theres no crash but its super slow

Feb 17, 2010 5:48 PM

?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 17, 2010 6:12 PM   in reply to TheGuyNamedCrisG

Please give us the details of the computer, especially the I/O sub-system, i.e. the HDD's, their speed, the controller type, their free space, and how you have them allocated. For playback, the I/O is the most important element of the computer (AVCHD footage is the exception).

Also, do you have a red line above the Clips, or either a green line, or no line? That can affect things too. If red, hit Enter to Render, and then try again.

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 18, 2010 5:14 AM   in reply to Bill Hunt

There are also known issues with Everio files -- challenges that aren't unique to Premiere Elements -- per the FAQs to the right of this forum.

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/428054?tstart=0

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 26, 2010 10:18 AM   in reply to TheGuyNamedCrisG

Hi,

I work for JVC and would like to try and help.

I am very new to Premiere Elements.  Just got PE8 for my Windows 7 Desktop.

What I can tell you is that with PE8 the JVC .mod video will work fine.  I did some research and the last two versions of PE support the .mod files.

It did crash when I first installed it, but I noticed a little indicator at the bottom of the screen in PE8 which let me know about issues with my NVIDIA card.  I followed the the troubleshooting tips from Adobe, and haven't had any problems since.  It's pretty cool how the Adobe software was actually able to diagnose itself and point me in the right direction.  Maybe you are having a video card driver issue as well?

Based on my experience, it seems to me that the known issues with .mod files from JVC--and other camcorder brands who use .mod--are mainly with older versions of PE.

Also did a quick test importing a high definition AVCHD file from a JVC and it seems to work fine too.

I'm looking forward to trying PE8 more.  Looks like a great product.

Chris

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 26, 2010 10:30 AM   in reply to Chris at JVC

Chris,

Welcome to the forum!

Thanks for reporting. When you have the opportunity, please post your observations, and any tips that you might have, as we get quite a few questions on the MOD & TOD files from JVC's. Most of us cannot really offer much help, as we have other systems. Any and all insight would be greatly appreciated.

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 26, 2010 10:36 AM   in reply to Bill Hunt

Hi Bill,

I would be glad to do that.

To update you on JVC in general, all of our SD cams do use MPEG2 recording with the .mod file extension. 

Our HD cams have changed.  All of our HD Everios now record in the AVCHD format (.mts file extension).  The last models that recorded a .tod file were in 2008.  We no longer use .tod, although I have plenty of experience with it personally.

Feel free to alert me if you see any posts that I might be able to help with.

Chris

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 26, 2010 5:54 PM   in reply to Chris at JVC

Chris,

Thank you for that clarification. As we normally only hear of the sad stories, we often do not know the full story behind the issue. I have tried to collect useful info on these files, in hopes that I can help. To date, this info has been heavily weighted towards conversion.

The more info that you can provide for PrE users, the better.

We do not advocate any cameras, or any particular formats here, with the exception of SD material on miniDV tape, as it is the base-footage for PrE, and edits like that "hot knife through butter." Still, there are many forms of HD, and other forms of SD material. At the end of the day, if we can help everyone, and only smiley faces appear in this forum, we are happy campers. The more that you can offer, the better for everyone.

Thanks,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points