Skip navigation
This discussion is archived
SteelWolf
Currently Being Moderated

Camera RAW 5.6 - Filmstrip Does Not Appear

Feb 17, 2010 4:56 PM

I'm having an interesting issue  with Camera RAW 5.6. In everything I have found via searching, the  preview flimstrip is supposed to automatically appear when multiple RAW  files are opened. In my case, this does not happen. Instead, I see each  image one at a time, only viewing the next one if I chose to close or  fully open the file.

When I was using XP Pro SP3 x86, the filmstrip worked as  it was supposed to. Now, on Windows 7 Ultimate x64, it never appers. I  haven't been able to find any other information on this issue so I'm  assuming it's just me. Any suggestions?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 17, 2010 6:20 PM   in reply to SteelWolf

SteelWolf2 wrote:

....the  preview flimstrip is supposed to automatically appear when multiple RAW  files are opened.

It will, unless at some point you have collapsed the film strip mode by moving the left hand film strip margin to the left. That status is sticky meaning if you did it one time it will stay until such time as you change it back to make the film strip visible...

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 13, 2010 11:48 AM   in reply to SteelWolf

I found a solution on my Mac - perhaps it will work on a Windows machine as well. 

Try this....launch Adobe Bridge.  Find a RAW image.  Hold down Shift and Option key and double-click the RAW image.  When Camera RAW opens the filmstrip should be on the left.  Good luck!

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points